Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post

Fun fact - I never showed up on that list even though I participated. I like to think that I was so under the radar that they hadn't even tracked me yet.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I missed those dog tags, are those fan made?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    Thanks, cdm! The second list is at http://yearzero.netninja.com/mirrors...4.net/net2.htm. 24.24.2.1133 checking in!
    FUCK!
    24.24.2.12 *day-of-darkness* [Deceased]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    24.24.1.1414 Theodora [iNCARCERATED]
    Yes! Thank you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    24.24.2.1336 Reporting for duty.

Also, K is the eleventh letter of the alphabet

1. Pretty Hate Machine
    2. Broken
    3. The Downward Spiral
    4. The Fragile
    5. With Teeth
    6. Year Zero
    7. Ghosts I-IV
    8. The Slip
    9. Hesitation Marks
    10. Not The Actual Events
    11. ADD VIOLENCE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh wow thanks for posting those lists!! I found mine.

24.24.2.716 delysid

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I always wondered if the statuses were random or not. Cause I'm deceased.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    24.24.2.2146 here, still at large, and grateful that those dog tags weren't shipped out by Firebrand or Sandbag.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    I always wondered if the statuses were random or not. Cause I'm deceased.
    Well, you would say that, wouldn't you?

That's right, we're on to you.

Edit: bother, I thought you said "Cause I'm not deceased." My joke doesn't work at all. Hrmph.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teethneck View Post
    SASC: United States Senate Committee on Armed Services
    Yeah googled SASC and that's what came up... https://www.armed-services.senate.gov/

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Fun fact - I never showed up on that list even though I participated. I like to think that I was so under the radar that they hadn't even tracked me yet.
    I was on both lists. Coz I'm super subversive.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    I missed those dog tags, are those fan made?
    Yes. It was a fan effort.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If this is a restart to the ARG, the posters everyone gets in Bakersfield may be the next clue. I suppose checking bathrooms for USB drives would also be advisable?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Does anyone else think it may be ANOTHER misdirection??? We all thought NTAE was related to STILL.. We were wrong.
    I do not think we were wrong. Before NTAE, Fragile Deviations I was released. Deviation being defined as "the action of departing from an established course or accepted standard." Here me out:

Fragile was also a turning point in Trent's life, no? A moment that could have gone either way (for better or for worse.) In our reality it went for the better (he is now healthy, with a family, still producing music.) What if it went the other way, for the worse -- what if it deviated from the path that we've come to know? This would have given us Fragile Deviations and Not The Actual Events (not the events in our current reality, not the actual events that have taken place.)

I think the NTAE connection to the Still cover is there. We just didn't have all the information to see how they are linked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This might be a bit of a stretch, but I've been trying to make lat/long coordinates out of some of these numbers and tried out 40.01, -75.16 (Event Intensity dial and the S.A.S.C. meter above it), which leads to this block in Philly:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/40...40.01!4d-75.16

Looking at that spot in street view, it appears there's an empty gap between buildings right where the pin is:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0104...7i13312!8i6656

Hopefully I'm onto something and not about to send NIN fans on a wild goose chase in someone's yard...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Huge ass theory here that may not even matter here.

So let's see.

So far the EPs referenced these works from Trent Reznor

Down In It - Found In "Less Than" with "SHUT UP" being delivered in a samilliar way.

Reptile - Found in She's Gone Away with lyric from Reptile being in the lyrics sheet and The Downward Spiral being the background for the physical component

Still - Not The Actual Events Artwork

How To Destroy Angels - Referenced in "Burning Bright (Field On Fire) and "Less Than", Burning Bright includes a line "I can't tell if I am dreaming anymore" which can be also found HTDA'S "We Fade Away"

Less Than: "Welcome Oblivion"

Year Zero - Back of the cover art for Add Violence "The Presence"

The Deviants - Back of the cover art for Add Violence "Deviant"

Mr. Self Destruct - Back of the cover art for Add Violence "Self Destruct" (debatable, as the word can have a lot of meaning)

Pinion - Back of the cover art for Add Violence "Pinion"

This wold be very straight-forward Year Zero sequel, yet these references are pretty damn scary, what if this trilogy of EPs is about a man whom realizes his entire life was a lie and under control of a machine and these EPs are his path to realiazing that? Perhaps ran by goverment, most likely.

It does not seem to be centered on the world, but it seems like only an invidiual is being mind-controlled, no, not even that, he is not being mind-controlled, it seems he is literally strapped into a machine and being in some sort of simulation.

With this in mind, let's look at some lyrics and other things that seemed unclear now.

Branches/Bones has a chorus that states that the protagonist recongizes the place he is in, this could mean that the machine is making him go through the same journey and he starts realizing it.

Branches/Bones in the lyric sheet has bunch of words, in there you can find "Please go away from here" and "I don't think you're supposed to be reading this", this could mean that the protagonist is becoming aware that someone is watching him, his struggles, in this case, it being us, yet he is slowly looking into our world and he is directly adressing us.

Same for "Less Than" where 4th wall break happens in the lyrics sheet once again.

Dear World is very clear with its idea of being locked away, he bluntly tells us he is locked "inside of here" with people "who are not here, all the way" meaning all the relationships he ever had are fake, this puts the line "Yes, everyone seems to be asleep" into a different perspective, as it could be his way of saying "no one is real"

The Idea Of You, he starts recongizing the fakeness of the machine and tries to break free, yet there is another voice that tells him that he is only telling himself this

"NONE OF THIS IS HAPPENING" are his screams of terror, perhaps reminding himself that this is not real while the other voice is trying to keep him in check

Towards the end, he may be breaking the 4th wall once again, actually speaking to us.

Can you hear?
    It gets so lonely in here

Burning Bright seems to indicate the realization that everything that happened (as in, entirety of NIN discography's story line I guess) was this stimulation and he is breaking from it....

but not really, due to the ending lines. This could point us to the fact that this is a loop.

"I can't tell if I am dreaming anymore"

He isn't really free, him being free, perhaps was a part of stimulation, he realizes this and then he ends up back at "Branches/Bones", he realizes that he was in this exact same place before.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I ended up on both lists, but under slightly different aliases (one deceased, the other alive).

Back to the matter at hand, do we think this is a full-on 42entertainment ARG or just visual cues to tie the EP's to the events of YZ?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    If this is a restart to the ARG, the posters everyone gets in Bakersfield may be the next clue. I suppose checking bathrooms for USB drives would also be advisable?
    Excellent point since those posters are going to be limited to that show!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bealeofsteel View Post
    This might be a bit of a stretch, but I've been trying to make lat/long coordinates out of some of these numbers and tried out 40.01, -75.16 (Event Intensity dial and the S.A.S.C. meter above it), which leads to this block in Philly:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/40...40.01!4d-75.16

Looking at that spot in street view, it appears there's an empty gap between buildings right where the pin is:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0104...7i13312!8i6656

Hopefully I'm onto something and not about to send NIN fans on a wild goose chase in someone's yard...
    If you triangulate everywhere I lived during my 5 years in Philly, you get roughly to that spot. Shit, I must be the killer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I ended up on both lists, but under slightly different aliases (one deceased, the other alive).

Back to the matter at hand, do we think this is a full-on 42entertainment ARG or just visual cues to tie the EP's to the events of YZ?
    As far as I'm aware, list #1 was of Spiral members, while list #2 was of ETS members.

As for your second question, probably the latter. I don't think we'll see another ARG in that sense, but that doesn't mean there isn't some severe mindfucking ahead.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    As a VR enthusiast, seeing 6 DOF and even Polybius makes me hope for some form of NIN VR experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Huge ass theory here that may not even matter here.

So let's see.

So far the EPs referenced these works from Trent Reznor

Down In It - Found In "Less Than" with "SHUT UP" being delivered in a samilliar way.

Reptile - Found in She's Gone Away with lyric from Reptile being in the lyrics sheet and The Downward Spiral being the background for the physical component

Still - Not The Actual Events Artwork

How To Destroy Angels - Referenced in "Burning Bright (Field On Fire) and "Less Than", Burning Bright includes a line "I can't tell if I am dreaming anymore" which can be also found HTDA'S "We Fade Away"

Less Than: "Welcome Oblivion"

Year Zero - Back of the cover art for Add Violence "The Presence"

The Deviants - Back of the cover art for Add Violence "Deviant"

Mr. Self Destruct - Back of the cover art for Add Violence "Self Destruct" (debatable, as the word can have a lot of meaning)

Pinion - Back of the cover art for Add Violence "Pinion"

This wold be very straight-forward Year Zero sequel, yet these references are pretty damn scary, what if this trilogy of EPs is about a man whom realizes his entire life was a lie and under control of a machine and these EPs are his path to realiazing that? Perhaps ran by goverment, most likely.

It does not seem to be centered on the world, but it seems like only an invidiual is being mind-controlled, no, not even that, he is not being mind-controlled, it seems he is literally strapped into a machine and being in some sort of simulation.

With this in mind, let's look at some lyrics and other things that seemed unclear now.

Branches/Bones has a chorus that states that the protagonist recongizes the place he is in, this could mean that the machine is making him go through the same journey and he starts realizing it.

Branches/Bones in the lyric sheet has bunch of words, in there you can find "Please go away from here" and "I don't think you're supposed to be reading this", this could mean that the protagonist is becoming aware that someone is watching him, his struggles, in this case, it being us, yet he is slowly looking into our world and he is directly adressing us.

Same for "Less Than" where 4th wall break happens in the lyrics sheet once again.

Dear World is very clear with its idea of being locked away, he bluntly tells us he is locked "inside of here" with people "who are not here, all the way" meaning all the relationships he ever had are fake, this puts the line "Yes, everyone seems to be asleep" into a different perspective, as it could be his way of saying "no one is real"

The Idea Of You, he starts recongizing the fakeness of the machine and tries to break free, yet there is another voice that tells him that he is only telling himself this

"NONE OF THIS IS HAPPENING" are his screams of terror, perhaps reminding himself that this is not real while the other voice is trying to keep him in check

Towards the end, he may be breaking the 4th wall once again, actually speaking to us.

Can you hear?
    It gets so lonely in here

Burning Bright seems to indicate the realization that everything that happened (as in, entirety of NIN discography's story line I guess) was this stimulation and he is breaking from it....

but not really, due to the ending lines. This could point us to the fact that this is a loop.

"I can't tell if I am dreaming anymore"

He isn't really free, him being free, perhaps was a part of stimulation, he realizes this and then he ends up back at "Branches/Bones", he realizes that he was in this exact same place before.
    I knew none of this stuff from NTAE as I didn't get the physical component and still waiting for my vinyl. Some interesting stuff here.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodora View Post
    I knew none of this stuff from NTAE as I didn't get the physical component and still waiting for my vinyl. Some interesting stuff here.
    Some of these you could see without physical component, the official MP3 downloads of NTAE came in with embended lyrics which had stuff like 4th wall breaks in Branches/Bones or Reptile lyrics.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    It is happening again..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My NTAE download was completely fucked. Pops, skips, crackles, everything...don't know how to get to the embedded lyrics.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I’ve been on the spike for the past four years. I stole money from my grandma, got caught, did it again anyway, just to cop. For the last couple months, it’s been too hard so I went to Opal. I saw the Presence yesterday. At first I knew it was the drug, just gripping me, you know? And I laughed. Then the Presence turned around, like it was LOOKING for me.

I need more!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Trent is going all meta with this trilogy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    In the other thread, (not sure how to quote it) someone mentioned GPS coordinates. Google maps points you to this crazy looking van.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/64...29013?hl=fr-FR
    Also the door of the building behind it, on the far right, has something looking very similar to the sideways NIN logo on the current merch.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Also the door of the building behind it, on the far right, has something looking very similar to the sideways NIN logo on the current merch.
    Do you mean the reflection of the white car in the glass?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone noticed there is no Halo information?