Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1614

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    I work for the Department of Defense, more specifically, the Army. Everything is digital and we rely on computers and mobile phones. Rarely are things printed, bounded, kept on a bookshelf. Back in the 80s that was the norm, but nowadays, no way. If the power goes out, networks are down, email isn't working, nothing gets done. If something was to wipe out our networks, yeah, that would be catastrophic. You've seen it happen at airports, so imagine it on a larger scale.
    This gives me so much faith and comfort in my government.....

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    If they used morse code in the FYF flyer, could this clip from TBW be code as well?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    If they used morse code in the FYF flyer, could this clip from TBW be code as well?
    What is the timestamp on that clip?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    It's around here: #868

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Does this description of Bleedthrough's concept sound familiar to anyone right now?
    I keep living the same day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my crazy thoughts to all these recent events , think outside the box...

What if all these references to older CD's and the release of Lp's is Trents version of celebrating his greatest hits? , Then all the references to what may seem like him wanting to be left alone are really him speaking to the fans and media and what if the reference date of 2022 is maybe his retirement date from NIN for good?

just a thought....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That other guy View Post

What if all these references to older CD's and the release of Lp's is Trents version of celebrating his greatest hits? , Then all the references to what may seem like him wanting to be left alone are really him speaking to the fans and media and what if the reference date of 2022 is maybe his retirement date from NIN for good?

just a thought....
    I find it nearly impossible to believe that a man who's hiatus only lasted as long as a gap between his albums is able to commit to a retirment date 5 years in advance.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I always use Morse code in my music. That’s definitely Morse code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That other guy View Post

just a thought....
    I definitely here familiar sounds from previous NIN albums on the EP's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm late to this party and completely missed the first one, so I've been reading up on the YZ ARG, which lead me to this article from 2007: https://www.wired.com/2007/12/ff-args/
    It may not be anything, but still, the last paragraph:
    Now that the album is out, the game has gone cold. "I don't know if the audience was ready for it to end," says Susan Bonds, the president of 42 Entertainment. "But we always expected to pick it up again." Reznor, after all, had conceived Year Zero as a two-part album. "Those phones are still out there," she adds. "The minutes have expired. But we could buy new minutes at any point."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate this idea but what if the console and accompanying video were something from the original YZ ARG that was never used, and that's why the 42E folks are credited? Maybe Trent's decided to revisit and flush out some of the unrealized ideas now, musically, but not as an ARG. I hate myself for thinking this.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    The thing is, Trent is smart. He absolutely knows the frenzy this stuff will send us into. He reads ETS, he absolutely knows what's going on right now. I really think that if there was no ARG or anything to find, he would have said something.

Also why would he use things from the old ARG for this new EP if there wasn't a new ARG? He wouldn't go out of his way to purposely get everybody incredibly hyped and then not deliver, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    The thing is, Trent is smart. He absolutely knows the frenzy this stuff will send us into. He reads ETS, he absolutely knows what's going on right now. I really think that if there was no ARG or anything to find, he would have said something.

Also why would he use things from the old ARG for this new EP if there wasn't a new ARG? He wouldn't go out of his way to purposely get everybody incredibly hyped and then not deliver, right?
    I'm in your boat. While I do think the overall storyline might be more complex than "just a YZ follow up" I do agree that when he says "this cover might be important" and it is laden with YZ clues and then a YZ corporation is referenced in a video directed by the ARG company it's pretty safe to keep a watchful eye on things.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

there's happiness in slavery, money saved in free publicity, and the entertainment factor is priceless?

so how many of those phones are out there charged with ringer on(?) and will they ring in unison during this show(?) have they been ringing in a morse code sequence for some time now, or starting now...(?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnovember View Post
    I'm late to this party and completely missed the first one, so I've been reading up on the YZ ARG, which lead me to this article from 2007: https://www.wired.com/2007/12/ff-args/
    It may not be anything, but still, the last paragraph:
    Does any one with one of the year zero phones still have one? Maybe charge it up and turn it back on and see?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i concur.
    remember when the "dive and slam" rumours started running? less than 24h he broke our hearts with the "not true".

why isn't there a "not true" for this yet? he could've saved us the headache about a week ago.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicoler View Post
    remember when the "dive and slam" rumours started running?
    hahaha no, but thank you for reminding me.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    There is most definitely some kind of ARG unfolding here. It's more than obvious.

My guess is that it's not going to be blown wide tf open until we start getting the physical component instruction manual thing, which will likely open up the pandora's box that is the control panel artwork. Then the game will be off and running. It's kind of like how the original ARG stalled for a few weeks because nobody had leaked YZ and the album artwork and its songs were a crucial component to advancing the plot.

Same thing here. Both Trent and 42E are almost certainly watching the fan community try to make sense of this whole thing. How this plays out will likely dictate how they compose the third EP by year's end. I'm still hoping it leads directly into the next album, which will hopefully continue the YZ storyline from a decade ago..

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    There is most definitely some kind of ARG unfolding here. It's more than obvious.

My guess is that it's not going to be blown wide tf open until we start getting the physical component instruction manual thing, which will likely open up the pandora's box that is the control panel artwork. Then the game will be off and running. It's kind of like how the original ARG stalled for a few weeks because nobody had leaked YZ and the album artwork and its songs were a crucial component to advancing the plot.

Same thing here. Both Trent and 42E are almost certainly watching the fan community try to make sense of this whole thing. How this plays out will likely dictate how they compose the third EP by year's end. I'm still hoping it leads directly into the next album, which will hopefully continue the YZ storyline from a decade ago..
    Are we assuming that these EPs aren't continuing the YZ storyline?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are we assuming that these EPs aren't continuing the YZ storyline?
    at this point, i think it's safer to call the trilogy a "year zero spin-off" than to call it a "year zero sequel".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Do you guys still need more to finally believe we're in an ARG?
    They told us the backcover is "important", they put the obvious clues in the ThisIsn'tThePlace video, even credited 42Entertainment.
    We have found extra lyrics that make sense after puzzling with them, we found morse in a festival flyer, we found morse in a song from the NTAE EP. We found a website (even though it's still empty).
    There is no reason to wait for the 2nd component or the third EP, there's already stuff hidden in plain sight. But it seems many are just too lazy to search and investigate and just need an excuse to wait.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

First person to figure it out gets the rights to the new record?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

working for 42E has to be one of the funnest jobs ever...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    I will blow you if you're right
    i'll go make some popcorn and warm the butter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My guess is that the physical component for each EP work in conjunction with each other to give more insight to the story. Maybe the NTAE photos are to be placed over pages in the manual to show something new.
    Just a thought.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madpew View Post
    Do you guys still need more to finally believe we're in an ARG?
    They told us the backcover is "important", they put the obvious clues in the ThisIsn'tThePlace video, even credited 42Entertainment.
    We have found extra lyrics that make sense after puzzling with them, we found morse in a festival flyer, we found morse in a song from the NTAE EP. We found a website (even though it's still empty).
    There is no reason to wait for the 2nd component or the third EP, there's already stuff hidden in plain sight. But it seems many are just too lazy to search and investigate and just need an excuse to wait.
    Don't forget the appearance of a green hand (The Presence) in the Less Than video. It wasn't even in the original Polybius game according to people who have played it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    From the AV nin.com PC description: "PROPER USE OF THIS RECORDING REQUIRES IT TO EXIST IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD, AS REAL AS YOU ARE." I wonder if this is supposed to be a play on the themes of oneself not being real, simulations, this isn't happening, etc. It just made me chuckle.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just want to go on record that the physical component for AV is not a manual or pamphlet. Seems too obvious.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    Just want to go on record that the physical component for AV is not a manual or pamphlet. Seems too obvious.
    Q: the reference of a physical component (pc) that does mean a cd, yes?
    ...everytime i read the word 'physical' (pc) on anything NIN, that sexy ass Adam Ant cover starts in my head..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    Q: the reference of a physical component (pc) that does mean a cd, yes?
    ...everytime i read the word 'physical' (pc) on anything NIN, that sexy ass Adam Ant cover starts in my head..
    I was under that impression with NTAE but it was a bit more than that. I regretted it when I found out. So this time I bought it, and a couple other things.