Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't catch that, so maybe this is unrelated. The outline of the hand on the back panel of the van gave me chills regardless. The Presence freaks me right the fuck out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    PL MI

plus - minus ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Damnit, Im excited about the idea of YZ-5 ARG, but I really don't have time for another 3 months of ARG. If @cdm or someone else can develop a repository/summary of this it'd be greaaaaaaaaat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRanged691 View Post
    Typed KDSV type +0.7 into Google and this was the top result: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale
    "Our present civilization would be classed as something like Type 0.7."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I didn't get to experience the original YZ ARG so I'm so fucking excited right now.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Or it might be something. Seems like an odd thing for Trent and Kraw to overlook and forget to delete, no? Especially given the ARG aspect.
    I suppose, and if the Google photo wasn't eight months old, I'd be more inclined to go look for the van. As for the store, I'm working when it's open anyway, but I wouldn't even know what to do if I went there.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Or it might be something. Seems like an odd thing for Trent and Kraw to overlook and forget to delete, no? Especially given the ARG aspect.
    I'm sorry but no, they're really not really good at tags (again) and ... Canon EOS 5D Mark IV got non stop GPS mode, sorry looks like really nothing

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I suppose, and if the Google photo wasn't eight months old, I'd be more inclined to go look for the van. As for the store, I'm working when it's open anyway, but I wouldn't even know what to do if I went there.
    Further to that thought, would a GPS tag in a source photo survive a massive Illustrator overhaul to the final image?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    In the other thread, (not sure how to quote it) someone mentioned GPS coordinates. Google maps points you to this crazy looking van.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/64...29013?hl=fr-FR
    There's a hand in the lower right corner of the band that looks like the presence.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Further to that thought, would a GPS tag in a source photo survive a massive Illustrator overhaul to the final image?
    I thought that, too, and I don't know. From what I understand, Photoshop retains all original photo info as long as you're not saving and resaving it (which a pro would never do anyway).

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    A props company that has a lot of sci fi and technology stuff, stuff that you could use to make like, artwork and videos and shit for some kind of dystopia and dystopian album art.

Surely a coincidence

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRanged691 View Post
    Typed KDSV type +0.7 into Google and this was the top result: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale
    Well done sir, or ma'am, I hope the OP updates your finding

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone with the NTAE physical component should go look it over again for clues that may have been missed before.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Curious to see if there are any clues in the "Less Than" video, in addition to the physical component for Add Violence.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Presence was always depicted having four fingers, and there are four jack plugs under the "Presence" meter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When googling s.a.s.c it showed United States Senate Committee on Armed Services hearings page.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So maybe the physical component will be spec sheets or an instruction manual for this broken machine.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    The Presence was always depicted having four fingers, and there are four jack plugs under the "Presence" meter.
    The Presence has five fingers (well, four fingers and a thumb). It's only some shots where you only see four.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Then, since Not The Actual Events made direct references to previous albums of NIN (Still) and songs (Reptile), is it somehow suggesting that the entire narrative of all NIN albums might take place in the Year Zero universe, differing in that some are narrated in first person and others from the point of view of an external narrator (Year Zero)?

If this is so, With Teeth could be the moment in which the first-person narrator begins to be aware that he lives in a simulation (Right Where It Belongs) and Not The Actual Events the moment when he manages to "wake up" from it (Burning Bright).

Maybe I'm speculating too much, but it would be extremely interesting if it were really this way.
    we had the hidden reptile lyrics printed for she's gone away and I'm wondering if the "yes this is about you" hidden lyric in LT is a starfuckers reference. Yes I know it's actually a Carly Simon lyric but it was still in a nin song.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    D.O.F. maybe = Degrees Of Freedom? Value is 6 on the machine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_freedom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought that, too, and I don't know. From what I understand, Photoshop retains all original photo info as long as you're not saving and resaving it (which a pro would never do anyway).
    Photoshop should retain that data no matter how many times you resave. The only time it would be expected to lose it is if you saved to a format that didn't support them.

The cover image had been resaved a minimum of three times IIRC from the metadata

There were also four photoshop "work paths" in the jpg, but again these COULD be just forgetfulness. One was named something like asdasdasd

It would be good for somebody to see if there are any layers/paths/metadata in this new version.

This should make that schematic t-shirt make a little more sense anyway

And we still never decoded the first NTAE video.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    So maybe the physical component will be spec sheets or an instruction manual for this broken machine.
    Or maybe it'll make this thing in my garage work which was supposedly made for the HIS video.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Presence has five fingers (well, four fingers and a thumb). It's only some shots where you only see four.
    I can't recall any shots showing a thumb. Were there ever any? The lack of one was partly what really made it creepy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Playing around with "Event Intensity" in Google brings up interesting results including this: http://www.transboundarywaters.orst....bar_scale.html

The -40 on the dial could correlate to -4 on this scale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My body is ready, I have waited too long for this, agent 24.24.2.1075 reporting.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I can't recall any shots showing a thumb. Were there ever any? The lack of one was partly what really made it creepy.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    All the spectrographs did. Some of the artwork, too, but it's hard to tell which were official and which were fan made anymore.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furie_Zacharias View Post
    My body is ready, I have waited too long for this, agent 24.24.2.1075 reporting.
    Heh, I don't think I'd ever noticed anyone else on here wearing their ID with pride. Here we go!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So....

If we remember from Year Zero, all the stuff we were looking at were part of some sort of "Exhibit 24" as if it were all catalogued evidence of a criminal proceeding.

There is a legal disclaimer on that simulation equipment on the back cover. Maybe Year Zero took place within an unauthorized/illegal simulation? Like doing too realistic or too sadistic of a simulation is illegal. I know Exhibit 24 kind of appeared to be evidence collected by the fascist government of Year Zero, but perhaps that was a false assumption.

Also, I too have joined the club of flying my old 24 numbers, but since I don't know how to change from "Stubby Member" I'll just stick it in my Location.
    Last edited by GentlemanLoser; 07-17-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I'm updating the original post as much as I can with potential meanings / etc. I have to get some work done...I'll check back in a bit and update accordingly.