Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Well, that's my birthday week, so I'm already trying to rationalize celebrating by flying across an ocean to see a band I've already seen 5 times. Depending on how extensive their European dates end up being I might have to strongly consider it, especially since I've never been abroad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Well, that's my birthday week, so I'm already trying to rationalize celebrating by flying across an ocean to see a band I've already seen 5 times. Depending on how extensive their European dates end up being I might have to strongly consider it, especially since I've never been abroad.

I'd love to go to Europe and seeing NIN on top of that would be awesome. I say do it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I've never been to Europe, and always wanted to go, so if NIN do have some European shows in 2018, that could be the kick that finally makes me book a trip over there. Was already eyeing checking out a summer festival there this coming year. Depending on lineups of course.

Don't look at it as traveling to see a band you've seen xx number of times, look at it as traveling to see the world and a NIN show just happens to fall in line with when you wanted to go.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    NIN at Rockfest 2018 in Quebec. I'm calling it now.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    i really hope NIN cuts back on the festival shows & does more stand alone. not a fan of festivals. i'm older than dirt & have some physical limitations that don't allow me to really go to festivals. + you tend to get shorter sets etc. the hesitation marks show i saw in 2013 was stunning although they were even better in vegas last month. really liked the band lineup this go around.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I think when it comes to Europe festivals are a market that makes sense and the 2017 dates have been warming up, getting back into the swing of things, seeing if they really want to commit to more dates, and it's pretty obvious they've had a blast on them. It was a smaller commitment than a full tour and allowed for lots of surprises, extra events and additional shows without all of the pressure of a big, never-ending stretch of consecutive dates. I think there'll be a lot of headlining solo shows this next year.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I think when it comes to Europe festivals are a market that makes sense and the 2017 dates have been warming up, getting back into the swing of things, seeing if they really want to commit to more dates, and it's pretty obvious they've had a blast on them. It was a smaller commitment than a full tour and allowed for lots of surprises, extra events and additional shows without all of the pressure of a big, never-ending stretch of consecutive dates. I think there'll be a lot of headlining solo shows this next year.
    Agree - festivals are financially stable and allow them to book mid-week solo gigs along the way. Also the arena tour they did in Europe last time was massively undersold so I'm hoping for more sensible venue choices - e.g. a bigger venue in Germany than in Norway!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    NIN at Rockfest 2018 in Quebec. I'm calling it now.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    I hear you. I'd prefer seeing them at Osheaga or their own show but I have a feeling Rockfest is gonna snag them.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rockfest was a gongshow. I did it this year, it was out of control. Don't think I would do it again. Not even for NIN. I hate festival shows at it is, NIN at rockfest is asking for trouble.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Rockfest was a gongshow. I did it this year, it was out of control. Don't think I would do it again. Not even for NIN. I hate festival shows at it is, NIN at rockfest is asking for trouble.
    what was bad about it? Too crowded?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    what was bad about it? Too crowded?
    It was incredibly crowded. The site isn't big enough for the amount of foot/car traffic the festival has grown to, but more importantly the crowd is very rowdy. Probably the worst crowd I have ever been in, and I have been to festivals all across Canada, USA and Australia as well. It was violent. People there were legitimately out to hurt people.

My girlfriend and I walked away with like 10-15 visible bruises all over and she got her clothes ripped off.

The site was a disaster as well, nothing but "woodstock mud" throughout the whole site. We destroyed our hotel room by tracking mud in, I feel bad for the cleaning staff.

For comparison, we were just at Aftershock in Sacramento last month. Walked away without a single scratch. Was such a night and day experience. Hardly anyone moved at Aftershock. Everyone respected each others space.

As far as festivals go, the aftershock crowd was probably one of the better ones I have been in.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-08-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Anyone think NIN might do Cal Jam next year?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Hellfest (Fra) seems to be confirmed. june 22-24

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    5 bands announced. still no NIN.
    edit: i cannot imagine NIN playing at a pure metal festival like this, by the way. we'll see.
    Last edited by witte; 11-16-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Anyone think NIN might do Cal Jam next year?
    If they do then you can count me in. I went to CalJam this year and even though I hate festivals, I'll go to see NIN.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well the poster doesn't give me a warm/fuzzy about a one off Texas Show before Houston next month.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Well the poster doesn't give me a warm/fuzzy about a one off Texas Show before Houston next month.
    Yeah, that sucks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I guess that means another promotional showing at a local record store. WOOO!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just confirmed. NIN in Spain . Mad cool festival.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The last time I saw NIN in Madrid in July it was 48c. That lineup though...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    That lineup though...
    Seriously. Damn.

I'm kind of losing hope that there will be any other shows other than festivals.

Either way, seriously happy that they're coming to Europe!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A festival... no me gusta.
    Also the timing... I was hoping there'd be some dates to align with my other concert trips next summer (APC in early June and Roger Waters in late August), but this falls right in between.
    Last edited by fillow; 11-20-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    The last time I saw NIN in Madrid in July it was 48c. That lineup though...
    really wish the US would get on board and use Celsius for temperature like everyone else...i have no idea if that's hot.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    really wish the US would get on board and use Celsius for temperature like everyone else...i have no idea if that's hot.
    Trust me, that's hot, really hot. We can get summers in the UK that reach 35c and that kills me, not sure i'd survive long in the 40's.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Fucking hot. Personally, I maybe experienced something like 38 °C or so, and those are incredibly hot days already. Can't imagine 48 °C.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Body temperature is 37c. A cup of tea/coffee is around 70-80c.

Madrid felt oddly comfortable in 48c although the days I was outside all day I did have to keep pouring water over my head.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    sweat sweat. now it starts. a surprise show in madrid? yes. holiday planning has started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's roughly 118°F. And here's hoping for US dates I can actually go to

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    For those wondering Montebello Rockfest announced their dates which are June 14-15-16, 2018
    Osheaga will likely be August 4-5 or 11-12, 2018.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’m still wondering if they will play Download on 8-10th June. The next announcement will be the end of the month.