Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Thinking April/May U.S. dates including Coachella and June/July overseas.

Hoping for club/theatre tour but I realize that's fairly unlikely.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

I think that the new tour philosophy (no tour for years, but reduced to periods) is related to the wishes of Atticus. Family man, and not a tour personality.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I think the less dates a year but less gaps between outings also is a natural solution to Trent's touring pattern problems in the past -- they would tour really, really hard with minimal breaks until he burnt out and the thought of doing it again made him sick. With a family especially it's got to make it harder for the idea of being away from home for the majority of the year to seem appealing.

I just hope this doesn't mean we only ever get arena/festival shows for the foreseeable future, because as great as the spectacle of a giant NIN show is, I'm desperate to get a taste of the more intimate club/theatre setting.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I really want them to hit up Europe next year, but I somewhat doubt it.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I really want them to hit up Europe next year, but I somewhat doubt it.
    I'm convinced they will tour Europe next year.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post

It generally takes more than two month to cover three continents, even if they're intending on doing reduced dates.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I hope the next European tour gets more Hesitation Marks tracks than last time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    When do you guys think a 2018 tour announcement will come? Will it come with the next EP release? Fun to speculate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post

There seems to be a general impression amongst the Coachella boards/festival boards that NIN likely signed up to a 3 GV festival contract.

LCD and Kendrick had the same deal.

Coachella could be the 3rd. We know he digs the festival. That would mean NIN couldn't play in the radius for three months before or after. Not sure how that will factor into tour dates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm begging for a complete UK tour again. Maybe a surprise show at scala again...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I would love to watch them again in my hometown, last time they came they did a festival date so i guess it's possible but i'm not geting my hopes up...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a tour with The Black Queen as opener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a tour with The Black Queen as opener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I want either The Black Queen or IAMX to open on the next tour.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wonder if NIN might do the Download festival in the UK next year in some capacity? I'd say reading is out, Glastonbury isn't on next year, can't really think of any others they might do.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I want either The Black Queen or IAMX to open on the next tour.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I would love to watch them again in my hometown, last time they came they did a festival date so i guess it's possible but i'm not geting my hopes up...
    Its ok, the last time NIN played my hometown was 22 years ago

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Its ok, the last time NIN played my hometown was 22 years ago
    Really? wow! i guess i got nothing to complaint then...

They have played 3 times here, but only once as a "solo show"; the other two were festival dates.
    They don't come here every tour we got: "Live: With Teeth", "Lights in the Sky" and "Twenty Thirteen" but no "Wave Goodbye", so i guess there's a 50/50 chance, but i don't think there will be a Latin America leg of the tour (i wish i'm wrong...)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Trent did talk in one of those longer interviews recently about how surprised he was to find out through streaming that they have a huge fanbase in Mexico, so maybe a Latin American tour is more likely because of that; it's clearly in his mind as a place that has interest.

My goals for next year's North American dates are to see every FL date announced, the inevitable Atlanta date and any New Orleans date announced, along with hopefully managing to catch an LA show or another NY show. If it's an amphitheatre tour (ugh) and they do Red Rocks, I'll try my best to make it out for that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Trent did talk in one of those longer interviews recently about how surprised he was to find out through streaming that they have a huge fanbase in Mexico, so maybe a Latin American tour is more likely because of that; it's clearly in his mind as a place that has interest.

My goals for next year's North American dates are to see every FL date announced, the inevitable Atlanta date and any New Orleans date announced, along with hopefully managing to catch an LA show or another NY show. If it's an amphitheatre tour (ugh) and they do Red Rocks, I'll try my best to make it out for that.
    He was in Mexico on the last tour.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I predict that Stabbing Westward will be an opener for the tour

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I was sitting on a bus last night and overheard the girl sitting behind me say that NIN were approached to play Dark Mofo either this year or next, got offered $500,000, but turned it down. She barely knew who NIN were and said it kinda offhandedly, so I have no reason to not believe what she was saying. Woulda been a perfect fit!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I was sitting on a bus last night and overheard the girl sitting behind me say that NIN were approached to play Dark Mofo either this year or next, got offered $500,000, but turned it down. She barely knew who NIN were and said it kinda offhandedly, so I have no reason to not believe what she was saying. Woulda been a perfect fit!
    So annoying, I think that moving to New Zealand has ruined any chance of me getting to see NIN again

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    That Lollapalooza Brazil show is great to watch because of the energy from the crowd and the band. There's a moment during Beside You In Time where he stops singing the lyrics and seems amazed at the crowd reaction.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Agreed, super intense show... although maybe he just at that point?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I predict that Stabbing Westward will be an opener for the tour
    Would be awesome - but I highly doubt it. Trent likes to have newer, lesser known acts that are musically interesting to him. (Not musically similar).

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Would be awesome - but I highly doubt it. Trent likes to have newer, lesser known acts that are musically interesting to him. (Not musically similar).
    he was joking.

i think.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    That would have been amazing! Alessando did perform there this year though, right? I saw instagram posts of him in Tassie.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    you know, I saw Stabbing Westward at Cold Waves last year. They were actually REALLY good!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    That Lollapalooza Brazil show is great to watch because of the energy from the crowd and the band. There's a moment during Beside You In Time where he stops singing the lyrics and seems amazed at the crowd reaction.
    If any gigs are announced for Brazil, anywhere from 50% to 100% of them will be cancelled beforehand. That's just how the band rolls.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    That would have been amazing! Alessando did perform there this year though, right? I saw instagram posts of him in Tassie.
    He did. Seems like a pretty good compromise.