Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Haha i remember them, the first 2 dates at Brixton had people on their hands and knees in the toilets looking for USB sticks
    Was my first ever NIN show incidentally.
    And mine!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Yep it was 15 solo shows in the UK in total that year. Brixton Academy was the venue they had played most in the world the last time I looked it up (wouldn’t be surprised if a US venue has since overtaken though)
    Very interesting to hear that about Brixton....gives me hope that might get more than a solitary UK gig this summer. Looking at the stats for that year on setlist fm the UK shows were the largest of any territory outside the US, so hopefully, he'll see us right and give us at least 3!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    everything is fine, but please not between july 9th en july 16th (holiday in madrid)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Checking for UK dates again...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I suspect they will play this Meltdown Festival curated by Robert Smith which isn’t being announced until March, so still a few weeks at least

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I suspect they will play this Meltdown Festival curated by Robert Smith which isn’t being announced until March, so still a few weeks at least
    Maybe you might be right. Date would fit perfect (a few days before Paris).

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; 02-20-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Brixton Academy was the venue they had played most in the world the last time I looked it up (wouldn’t be surprised if a US venue has since overtaken though)
    Still Brixton at 10 performances (because of the 4 night runs in both 2005 and 2007):

http://nintourhistory.com/venues.php

Phantasy Theatre and Shoreline Amphitheatre are close behind at 8 each. Phantasy's not going to get any more dates though, and 2 of those Shoreline dates are the Trent Reznor Bridge School benefit performances, so those might not count.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Despite previously rubbishing the Meltdown suggestion, I guess it would explain the lack of any announcement so far. And yeah, looking at Robert's statement... Exciting? Yep. Inspirational? Of course. Intense? Deffo. Influential? That too. It is a small venue though, so it'll be a mad rush for tickets, and surely they'd do something else alongside it? Well, Brixton Academy looks largely free in late June!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If they did Meltdown I would be very surprised if that were their only show in the UK.

If they did Meltdown it would be a good opportunity to try something different; the venues on Southbank don't really lend themselves to "traditional" NIN shows from an audience experience perspective.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It’s supposedly a 10 night festival, so they could be playing multiple nights?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That's not how Meltdown works. It's more a series of gigs by various artists over a period of time - think iTunes festival. You buy a ticket for each separate gig rather than a "day" or "weekend". Here's an example of last year's schedule: https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/what...ineup-13004612

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Been quiet for a couple of weeks. Last announcement was Amsterdam I think.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails are 100% out for Montebello rockfest in Quebec this summer.

The founder of the festival, Alex Martel, made a post the other day about being at some event in LA where famous Canadians gather, or something to that extent, and he wrote that he had his NIN shirt on, and someone commented that that was a clue for the lineup, but he shot it down by saying not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Facebook Commenter
    Anyone else notice how he put on a nine inch nails. Really hope the headline this year. They are on tour and so far have not announced anything that would conflict with playing rockfest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Martel
    One day hopefully, not this year.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Also, Heavy Montreal released their lineup today, no NIN there either.
    Guess Canada ain't getting NIN this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Canada is often lumped in the USA tours, so keep your head up.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    When you say Canada, you mean just Toronto right?
    USA tours consist of almost every state + 1 stop in Canada = Toronto.
    Toronto may as well be an American city at this point in time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    they're considered north american tours. canada is part of north america. fyi.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Nine Inch Nails are 100% out for Montebello rockfest in Quebec this summer.

The founder of the festival, Alex Martel, made a post the other day about being at some event in LA where famous Canadians gather, or something to that extent, and he wrote that he had his NIN shirt on, and someone commented that that was a clue for the lineup, but he shot it down by saying not this year.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Also, Heavy Montreal released their lineup today, no NIN there either.
    Guess Canada ain't getting NIN this year.
    I wouldn't rule Osheaga out just yet. More fitting then Heavy Montreal if you ask me.
    Evenko usually books NIN in Montreal.
    Osheaga is from August 3-5.
    NIN could very well come back in NA before heading out to Japan 2 weeks later.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I wouldn't rule Osheaga out just yet. More fitting then Heavy Montreal if you ask me.
    Evenko usually books NIN in Montreal.
    Osheaga is from August 3-5.
    NIN could very well come back in NA before heading out to Japan 2 weeks later.
    Very unlikely for Osheaga....

Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    This probably rules out NIN coming back to the states to play lollapalooza and I have no idea what it means for their overseas tour routing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I hope NIN does play Meltdown this year, some years its an amazing festival when its got the right curator. I can imagine Robert Smith would be able to pull in some big artists.
    David Bowie was in charge of Meltdown 2002 line up was amazing.

However Royal Festival Hall would be a weird place to see NIN, saw Jesus and Mary Chain/The Horrors there when Jarvis Cocker from Pulp did the curating in 2008 cant remember if it was all seating?
    Its a great venue but seems a bit formal for NIN, still hoping for more familliar Brixton Academy .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah RFH has always been seating when I've been there. Fine for Lift to Experience when I saw them, and for Coil, but for Foetus a lot of people stood in the aisles and I seem to recall there was a reasonable amount of space to move around at the front, but it could be dodgy for a bigger crowd wanting to get lively.
    Going off into the realms of fantasy for a moment... how about the possibility that Trent does play Meltdown, but not as Nine Inch Nails. I'm thinking one-off HTDA or soundtrack show. Atticus will be there anyway, and I assume Mariqueen might be with the Euro tour for at least some of the time. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    I very much doubt HTDA will play live again before releasing new material. TRAR score show, on the other hand, is a different story.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So UK'ers - how likely do you think this Meltdown appearance and other date(s) around the same time are? I ask as my wife is meant to be giving holiday dates to her employer, but I'm delaying her for an unreasonable length of time while I wait for a NIN announcement!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

I get more and more the feeling that the line "2018 dates announced so far" with that particular photo is a statement for a period of non-announcements for the next weeks/months.
    They also don't say "2018 EU dates........", so hopefully this is not the definitive packet for Europe in 2018 (would be a pity for the UK).
    Last month we got new live-dates almost every day. Why not now anymore? It means something, says my thought.
    Also I think personally that an Australia/Asia trip makes more sense to do around the two festival dates in Japan than other theories.
    Last edited by witte; 02-23-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    So UK'ers - how likely do you think this Meltdown appearance and other date(s) around the same time are? I ask as my wife is meant to be giving holiday dates to her employer, but I'm delaying her for an unreasonable length of time while I wait for a NIN announcement!
    I’m considering getting the south bank membership as it enables you to book 48 hours in advance

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    All this talk of South Bank made me remember there might be a BFI anime fest there this year as well...i might end up being there ALOT.

Hope there's something...soon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’m considering getting the south bank membership as it enables you to book 48 hours in advance
    £60 is what I'm seeing, yes? Too rich for my blood to not necessarily guarantee tickets, and he might not even be paying there...hell of a gamble. Good luck though!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    £60 is what I'm seeing, yes? Too rich for my blood to not necessarily guarantee tickets, and he might not even be paying there...hell of a gamble. Good luck though!
    I decided not to in the end, I hope we will get a presale code like the other concerts. I probably would have gone ahead if I lived in London

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It would be a rash to get membership, it's only a rumour that they might be playing there at all.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Curious here- why would anyone pay that much money just to get advance tickets for a festival? It’s pretty easy to get tickets for festivals here in the US (outside of some larger ones like Coachella or Lolla), much less the festivals that NIN are playing these days.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Curious here- why would anyone pay that much money just to get advance tickets for a festival? It’s pretty easy to get tickets for festivals here in the US (outside of some larger ones like Coachella or Lolla), much less the festivals that NIN are playing these days.
    Meltdown is a series of gigs over 10 days rather than a normal festival and the Royal Festival Hall is 2500 capacity venue
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-27-2018 at 11:25 PM.