Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They’re playing Roskilde Festival, Denmark July 4th.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    it's only a rumour that they might be playing there at all.
    That we started here, let's face it!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    One hole left: july 10th.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Canada is often lumped in the USA tours, so keep your head up.
    It's been 5 years since NIN came to Canada, so I'm hoping we get lumped in to a USA tour again. I'm not as excited to hear the new material live like the old days though, I used to have no problem flying across Canada from Calgary to Toronto several times to see NIN. I got to see Fragility 2.0, With Teeth club tour, With Teeth summer amphitheater, and NINJA all in Toronto. Can't beat that now I guess, disappointing new EP songs and the hits. I'll go see NIN for the 15th time if they come to Calgary or Edmonton again, but that's all I can do unless the 3rd EP is as amazing as NIN's releases used to be.
    Last edited by fishtifer; 03-02-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    It's been 5 years since NIN came to Canada, so I'm hoping we get lumped in to a USA tour again. I'm not as excited to hear the new material live like the old days though, I used to have no problem flying across Canada from Calgary to Toronto several times to see NIN. I got to see Fragility 2.0, With Teeth club tour, With Teeth summer amphitheater, and Wave Goodbye all in Toronto. Can't beat that now I guess, disappointing new EP songs and the hits. I'll go see NIN for the 15th time if they come to Calgary or Edmonton again, but that's all I can do unless the 3rd EP is as amazing as NIN's releases used to be.
    The new songs are fucking awesome live. Branches/Bones is a killer opener.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The feel of last years shows and the new songs live in NYC were so good that they made me impulsively decide to go to a second show last minute with almost no money and I didn’t regret it whatsoever. Branches/Bones, Burning Bright and Background World were all standouts, people went nuts for Less Than despite it being so new at the time and The Lovers gives Trent some fantastic moments vocally. For festivals the setlists were about as good as you’ll get and had plenty of non-hits like Great Destroyer, Reptile, Somewhat Damaged, that Bowie cover, 1,000,000, The Frail and The Wretched — maybe a lot of these are somewhat common live NIN tracks but still, for festivals, it’s a solid mix.

If you’re at a point where The Wretched, Somewhat Damaged, Reptile and The Great Destroyer feel boring live to you, then you’ve maybe been to enough shows for a while anyway. Personally I felt the setlists and actual performances were miles ahead of the 2014 Soundgarden shows, save for maybe the Assault setlists, and even then, the stripped down stage and dingy feel of the 2017 setup lent itself to that intensity better.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    The new songs are fucking awesome live. Branches/Bones is a killer opener.
    For SURE. As much as I loved seeing Somewhat Damaged and 1,000,000 open show, Branches/Bones blows them away as an opener. It kicks the show off with a surge of high energy. Pinion/Terrible Lie on TDS tour looks to be the only thing that would beat it (wish I could have seen that).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    For SURE. As much as I loved seeing Somewhat Damaged and 1,000,000 open show, Branches/Bones blows them away as an opener. It kicks the show off with a surge of high energy. Pinion/Terrible Lie on TDS tour looks to be the only thing that would beat it (wish I could have seen that).
    I think it depends on the show. Branches/Bones at a festival or arena is great. I think Somewhat Damaged at Webster Hall last year was my favorite opener I've seen them play

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    My favorite openers are still Now I'm Nothing into Terrible Lie and Mr. Self Destruct, but can't wait to see Branches/Bones whenever he tours NA.
    Just realized, I've seen NIN in another country nearly half a dozen times, but never seen them in my home state.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    The feel of last years shows and the new songs live in NYC were so good that they made me impulsively decide to go to a second show last minute with almost no money and I didn’t regret it whatsoever. Branches/Bones, Burning Bright and Background World were all standouts, people went nuts for Less Than despite it being so new at the time and The Lovers gives Trent some fantastic moments vocally. For festivals the setlists were about as good as you’ll get and had plenty of non-hits like Great Destroyer, Reptile, Somewhat Damaged, that Bowie cover, 1,000,000, The Frail and The Wretched — maybe a lot of these are somewhat common live NIN tracks but still, for festivals, it’s a solid mix.

If you’re at a point where The Wretched, Somewhat Damaged, Reptile and The Great Destroyer feel boring live to you, then you’ve maybe been to enough shows for a while anyway. Personally I felt the setlists and actual performances were miles ahead of the 2014 Soundgarden shows, save for maybe the Assault setlists, and even then, the stripped down stage and dingy feel of the 2017 setup lent itself to that intensity better.
    I think the open recording policy during The Lights In The Sky and NINJA Tour killed a lot of those songs for me live, it was great at the time but after collecting so many audio and video recordings and trying to put together collections of the best recordings it was just too much. Before then I loved hearing The Wretched, Piggy, Reptile, Somewhat Damaged, etc live. I seriously don't know how NIN can beat the NINJA and Wave Goodbye tours now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    I think the open recording policy during The Lights In The Sky and NINJA Tour killed a lot of those songs for me live, it was great at the time but after collecting so many audio and video recordings and trying to put together collections of the best recordings it was just too much. Before then I loved hearing The Wretched, Piggy, Reptile, Somewhat Damaged, etc live. I seriously don't know how NIN can beat the NINJA and Wave Goodbye tours now.
    4 and a half hour wave goodbye 2.0.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    I feel a bit underwhelmed. I hope there is more.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Probably nothing since it leads to an events cancelled page, but I figured i would let others get unnecessarily as excited as I was for a second .

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Probably nothing since it leads to an events cancelled page, but I figured i would let others get unnecessarily as excited as I was for a second .
    Wow, from what I can tell, NIN+QOTSA had to cancel a 2005 concert in Sunrise, FL due to Hurricane Wilma. That is a LONG time for that to still be kicking around TM's servers lol.

Unless that's foreshadowing of an arena tour later this year.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post

please please please

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Wow, from what I can tell, NIN+QOTSA had to cancel a 2005 concert in Sunrise, FL due to Hurricane Wilma. That is a LONG time for that to still be kicking around TM's servers lol.

It certainly hasn’t been showing up in the search results since 2005.

As you noted, hopefully it’s a placeholder for a show later this year and it only shows as cancelled because they don’t have any additional info yet?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I would love a NIN + QOTSA tour in NA. The Australia/New Zealand shows they did together in 2014 had some pretty interesting setlists and it would give them a shot to finally fix the war crime that was Trent never coming onstage to do his verse from Kalopsia.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Please, no co-headlining tour.

Unless NIN is the obvious headliner. Heh.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Please, no co-headlining tour.

Unless NIN is the obvious headliner. Heh.
    I’d always prefer solo headlining shows but if the choice is between coheadlining and festivals, I’ll take coheadlining shows any day of the week, and it seems like the only headlining shows are stray one-offs these days. In a perfect world there’d be club and theatre tours every year and I’d be able to get tickets to all of them but I’m just trying to be realistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is a bummer. Hoping for Barcelona on either the 9th or 11th. Pearl Jam is in Barcelona on the 10th, so I'm hoping they wouldn't play the same night.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Man, I really hope we get a similar slew of news like we did in 2013 where there was an album announcement in the summer followed by fall tour dates. I would imagine that the new EP could be released in early summer which gives people enough time to dig into the trilogy before the fall. It's always a good concert schedule for me when there's a Nine Inch Nails gig in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Osheaga lineup out. No NIN. Clearly wasn't a good fit for this year.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Right now I'm in for 6/22 London (will be sold out tomorrow), 6/25 Paris (sold out), 6/27 Amsterdam, 7/02 Berlin (sold out) and 7/12-13-14 MadCool (holiday in Madrid)
    There's a rumor for a second gig in London (the weekend 6/23-24). See what happens next days.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Right now I'm in for 6/22 London (will be sold out tomorrow), 6/25 Paris (sold out), 6/27 Amsterdam, 7/02 Berlin (sold out) and 7/12-13-14 MadCool (holiday in Madrid)
    There's a rumor for a second gig in London (the weekend 6/23-24). See what happens next days.
    How does this meltdown festival thing usually work? I'm assuming they have a contractual obligation to sell out the Meltdown show first before announcing something else, but due to past Meltdown's, have any of the other artists ever announced a second show on their own outside the festival? Just trying to gauge whether I should try and upgrade my shitty, shitty back of the balcony tickets with the general admission sale, or just hold off for another announced show.

It almost makes sense there will be another show announced, 2 days in between The meltdown show and Paris. But what are the stipulations of the band doing another show outside this metldown gig.

I just hope this meltdown thing is so far out of left field to any NIN show we have ever seen. Something special, something unique. Something that suits the venue. If Trent came out with a Piano, Robin an acoustic guitar and Ilan a set of drums and that was all, i'd lose my shit. I've been to 18 NIN shows now and only had seats for 1 of them way back in 2005, and I originally had floor tickets to that one, swapped with a guy in the line last minutes because my lung/chest was giving me issues and I didn't want to risk getting hurt on the floor in one of the rowdiest city's to see a show in North America. This is going to feel incredibly strange not only sitting at a NIN show, but being way at the back!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Black Moth Super Rainbow will open for NIN in London, Paris and Amsterdam

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hmm. Gave BMSR a quick listen but it doesn't do much for me right away.

The BBC interview is mentioned elsewhere, but it seems fairly certain that more UK dates will be announced there, right? Now that Meltdown is sold out, and considering the huge demand we've seen (who knew so many people loved Nine Inch Nails? I don't know any in real life) it'd be daft not to rake in the cash that presumably will come their way in large amounts. Hopefully it would also lower the value of the tickets the bastard touts have...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^^ I agree. It's pretty canny timing and I'm sure theyre not just letting us in on Meltdown performance details out of the kindness of their hearts. I'd be happiest if they decide to release any remaining European dates. While I'd love to stare at the concrete paradise of Manchester again, I would skip a show there to go somewhere new on the mainland.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

I had that feeling: Tobacco sent that message about the US tour a couple of weeks ago. It's the tourlist of BMSR.

But there’s a hole between 6/17 - 8/10. The EU hole.
    Possibilities....
    PS: Tobacco is a member of BMSR

See comment, no reply...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; 03-15-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're not supporting all the EU shows already announced though. I also looked up their tour schedule for clues this morning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That post on NIN FB this morning states "BMSR will be joining us at Meltdown, L'Olympia and AFAS Live." which kinda implies there won't be another London show on the Saturday (or Sunday) which is unfortunate.