Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Playing rock werchter, Sunday July 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Playing rock werchter, Sunday July 8
    There it is, tickets already in the pocket. Now waiting for the dutch announcement in Amsterdam! Great news to start the weekend!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hope that they will be playing on 4th July at Opener Festival in Poland

On Roskilde they can play 1,3,5,7 of July

Which festivale are still in Europe at the beginning of July?
    Last edited by KreTafkA; 01-26-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    No UK dates till now. (?)
    July 14th means till now the last gig in the EU (Madrid), they play in Japan a month later.
    Or they will do the UK mid july (ending the EU tour) or mid june (starting the EU tour). By the way, in the UK I expect only indoor shows.
    There's also an gap between Werchter and Lisbon...Chances.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Urgh, I wish he would just release all the dates at once already. It's incredibly hard to plan a trip not knowing the route.
    I think I decided if there are no UK dates between June 18-24 then I am not going to bother with this. It's only going to make sense for me if the shows are the last 2 weeks of June. Going all the way to Europe just for the Paris show doesn't make sense at this point.

Problem is, Paris is going to be going on sale soon, and I'm gonna want to grab tickets when they first go on sale to ensure I even get some.
    I guess I could always buy them and try and re-sell them if I can.

Is this a new thing to announce shows 6 months in advance? Or is this just a Europe thing. Don't we normally get a tour announcement like 3, maybe 4 months months in advance here in North America? Guess it all depends on the bands. Guns N Roses and Foo Fighters both announced their whole tour itinerary a year in advance. The Foo's show here got announced in November, for a September show the following year, lol. That's a little excessive to be announcing shows that far out. But I guess it makes planning for vacations and traveling easier.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I'd say there are possible live streams or other TV broadcasts for:

Eurockeennes
    Rock Werchter
    NOS Alive
    Sonic Mania

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I'd say there are possible live streams or other TV broadcasts for:

Eurockeennes
    Rock Werchter
    NOS Alive
    Sonic Mania
    You read my mind!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Urgh, I wish he would just release all the dates at once already. It's incredibly hard to plan a trip not knowing the route.
    I think I decided if there are no UK dates between June 18-24 then I am not going to bother with this. It's only going to make sense for me if the shows are the last 2 weeks of June. Going all the way to Europe just for the Paris show doesn't make sense at this point.

Problem is, Paris is going to be going on sale soon, and I'm gonna want to grab tickets when they first go on sale to ensure I even get some.
    I guess I could always buy them and try and re-sell them if I can.

Is this a new thing to announce shows 6 months in advance? Or is this just a Europe thing. Don't we normally get a tour announcement like 3, maybe 4 months months in advance here in North America? Guess it all depends on the bands. Guns N Roses and Foo Fighters both announced their whole tour itinerary a year in advance. The Foo's show here got announced in November, for a September show the following year, lol. That's a little excessive to be announcing shows that far out. But I guess it makes planning for vacations and traveling easier.
    For whatever reason, Trent seems to be doing a cash grab Euro Fest tour with some individual dates here and there.

Hopefully its to help fund a later US tour, but who knows. Foo Fighters tickets went on sale today here in Milwaukee for October in the new arena and sold out pretty much right away.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    If i had to call it i'd say Trent would do a show at London O2 (the last 2 tours were there) which suits me fine...even though i had tickets for the last 2 times and had to skip due to depression i'm sure that won't happen this time hahahahaa....

I hope they announce something...soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I need that Barcelona date, but losing hope

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    For whatever reason, Trent seems to be doing a cash grab
    He's got multiple kids and lives (I presume) in a pretty high cost-of-living area. Still recording as well. Gee, wonder what his reason could be?

/sarcasm

I too would love to see a full-fledged US tour, but I don't have my hopes up. He's more than earned his time at home with his family. Should he choose to tour again though, and I'm not on the road elsewhere when he does, you'd better believe I'll blindly hand over the asking price for whatever date is closest to me.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    He's got multiple kids and lives (I presume) in a pretty high cost-of-living area. Still recording as well. Gee, wonder what his reason could be?

/sarcasm

I too would love to see a full-fledged US tour, but I don't have my hopes up. He's more than earned his time at home with his family. Should he choose to tour again though, and I'm not on the road elsewhere when he does, you'd better believe I'll blindly hand over the asking price for whatever date is closest to me.
    Trent isn’t the only musician with a kids and family, so let’s not go there. He’s the same person who wants to push vinyl as the ultimate listening experience- yet has seemingly given fans the worst possible live experience in festivals last year... and up to now this year. (outside a couple one-off concerts)

Not trying to be hard on Trent/NIN, just calling it like it is as of right now. There’s a lot of bands in the other sub forum that would catch grief for doing this kind of tour schedule.

With that hat being said there’s a lot of time left in 2018 (probably the latter part) to do a proper NIN arena or club tour.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    yet has seemingly given fans the worst possible live experience in festivals last year... and up to now this year. (outside a couple one-off concerts)
    While I tend to agree that these festivals are a bit of a cash grab, and would much rather see NIN headlining their own show/tour inside a club, or an area - Last years festival shows were from from "the worst possible live experience", I caught the opening show in Bakersfield, and then the show at Aftershock, and to be honest, he blew the Bakersfield show out of the water at Aftershock. I'm generally not a fan of festivals, but the band was on fire, and Trent was in full form. These shows were better than the NIN/Soundgarden run in my opinion.

There’s a lot of bands in the other sub forum that would catch grief for doing this kind of tour schedule.
    You'd be surprised how many bands actually do this these days. Rammstein is a prime example. Their last 2 tours have just been a handful of summer festivals around the world. Their "North American" run last year consisted of 1 festival in Canada and then 2 1-off dates in the USA (NYC and Vegas), Actually, there may have been a 3rd date in Chicago or Texas.

But there are tons of bands that are touring like this these days. System of a Down, Tool to name a few others.
    Coincidentally, it always seems to be bands that haven't put anything out in nearly a decade though lol... hmm....

Yeah, ca$h grab. lol

But seriously, I know everyone wants a "proper" NIN tour, but that might be a thing of the past. We may just have to work around this new touring method, and to me, festival NIN is still better than no NIN at all, or waiting 5+ years between seeing them.

He's not exactly getting any younger.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Thing is, and correct me if I misinterpreted, but Trent has never been a huge fan of festivals (between lack of control over things to festival crowds) and has primarily done a festival run to build up some attention and money to use for a proper tour. His tour-based rants have always been about festivals. It doesn't seem like the way he prefers to perform.
    If all we will ever get again is festival NIN, that'd suck but I'd deal with it because again that's better than NO NIN. But, if that's the case, I'd kind of like to know. I didn't spend the few hundred it would have cost to hit up a festival show last year specifically because in multiple instances Trent mentioned touring the US again in 2018 and I did one of those "go broke hitting up one show this year, or save that and hit up like 3 shows next year" dances in my head and held back on taking a 12+ hour bus each way last year. If a proper NIN tour in the US is held off till next year, that's fine. I would just really like to know so I can try to plan accordingly. I plan my "vacation" time and money (I don't get vacation time from either of my jobs, I just factor in "X days without pay") around NIN tours because I know there will be a day when they stop.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I think what it boils down to here is Trent seems to be on this "Surprise element of NIN" kick, where he announces things on a whim and surprises everyone.
    Announces a show at a time here and there... Which doesn't seem to generally work with his fan-base for reasons you said.

I hate being left in the dark about tour plans as much as the next person. I wish he would just be transparent with us on this "touring schedule"
    People need to plan vacations. I'm sitting in the same boat as everyone else here. Each day that went by, it became less and less likely that a spring tour would happen, then all the European dates started popping up in the summer, leading to no summer North American tour. Now everyone is wondering if they should sit and wait and save their vacation or just fly to/attend the closest show to their country or wait and gamble with the possibility of a proper fall tour.

The thing is, it's all speculation at this point. Trent is known for saying things and then changing his mind. I don't want to say there isn't going to be a North American tour, but I wasn't going to take the gamble, and jumped the gun and bought a ticket to Paris. The thing is, I can't really start planning my trip until I know if there are going to be other tour dates. I'm sitting here in the dark like everyone else. I can't start booking time off or looking into hotels and flights until I know my route. Am I going to the UK before France, or after? I'm trying to make going overseas worth it so I can catch at least more than one show and hit up at least a couple country's while over there.

It sucks, but we all just kind of have to play the waiting game I guess.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The surprise feeling last year was fantastic, and it was the return of NIN live so it felt really special, but it's feeling impractical currently. Even if they didn't release a list of dates, simply announcing "Europe in summer NA in fall" would be a big help. On one hand I'd love to travel abroad but on the other I'd hate to spend the amount tickets, hotels, etc. would cost to do that on one show and then see them announce a string of NA dates where I could have used that money to go to five shows stateside.

It doesn't help that the Paris date is on my birthday, which is killing me inside -- I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate but I really do not think I could make it make sense financially to do it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It doesn't help that the Paris date is on my birthday, which is killing me inside -- I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate but I really do not think I could make it make sense financially to do it.
    Duuuude! All the more reason!! Birthday show!! You have a good 5 months to save still! You won't regret it. Tiny ass 2000 seat theatre seeing your fav band on your Birthday!? Remember when you kicked yourself for not staying in NYC an extra day or two to see that surprise show last summer after Panorama? THIS is your make-up show!

Don't look at it as spending an extraordinary amount of money to see a band that will probably be coming to your state/town in 10 months, look at it as an experience. You're not going for NIN, you're going to visit Europe for your birthday and a NIN show just HAPPENS to fall in the cards while you're there.

Buy the concert ticket for Paris when it goes on sale tonight. Buying the ticket doesn't mean you have to go. You can still re-sell the ticket if you decide you can't make this happen. If you sit on it and the show sells out though, then you might regret it again. But at least you will have peace of mind knowing you have the ticket now anyway. People's plan's change all the time. Take the gamble!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-30-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think what it boils down to here is Trent seems to be on this "Surprise element of NIN" kick, where he announces things on a whim and surprises everyone.
    Announces a show at a time here and there... Which doesn't seem to generally work with his fan-base for reasons you said.

I hate being left in the dark about tour plans as much as the next person. I wish he would just be transparent with us on this "touring schedule"
    People need to plan vacations. I'm sitting in the same boat as everyone else here. Each day that went by, it became less and less likely that a spring tour would happen, then all the European dates started popping up in the summer, leading to no summer North American tour. Now everyone is wondering if they should sit and wait and save their vacation or just fly to/attend the closest show to their country or wait and gamble with the possibility of a proper fall tour.

The thing is, it's all speculation at this point. Trent is known for saying things and then changing his mind. I don't want to say there isn't going to be a North American tour, but I wasn't going to take the gamble, and jumped the gun and bought a ticket to Paris. The thing is, I can't really start planning my trip until I know if there are going to be other tour dates. I'm sitting here in the dark like everyone else. I can't start booking time off or looking into hotels and flights until I know my route. Am I going to the UK before France, or after? I'm trying to make going overseas worth it so I can catch at least more than one show and hit up at least a couple country's while over there.

It sucks, but we all just kind of have to play the waiting game I guess.
    I'm from US and going to Paris > Amsterdam > Berlin and just seeing 2 NIN shows (unless they do Amsterdam). Never been to Paris and wanted to vacation in Europe this year so it kind of works out.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    I'm from US and going to Paris > Amsterdam > Berlin and just seeing 2 NIN shows (unless they do Amsterdam). Never been to Paris and wanted to vacation in Europe this year so it kind of works out.
    Same here. I'm from Canada though. I've never been to Europe before. My girlfriend and I wanted to travel there this summer for a festival, but we were a tad late and all the hotels around them are booked now, and we don't do camping, so we decided to put off a European festival until Summer 2019 where we can actually plan a bit better, but then these NIN shows started popping up. She's French-Canadian and always wanted to go to Paris, so it kind of works out. So far all we got was Paris, but I'm hoping the UK gets added to the itinerary, as the plan is to take the last 2 weeks of June off and head to the UK for the first week, and then France for the second week.

I don't know if I should sit and play the waiting game and hope that the UK gets something before the Paris show, or just gamble with the rumored Amsterdam show. The Amsterdam show is a little out of the way with our travel plans though.

Also, glad to know we're not the only crazy nuts flying over from North America for this, lol.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-30-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    You're def. not alone. Seeing NIN in Berlin, PJ in Berlin a few days later, and will try and swing the festival in Switzerland or the soon to be announced Amsterdam NIN show if we can make it work. Heading to Portugal at the tail end of the trip for some beach time. Gotta head home before that NOS festival in Lisbon that Trentasaurus is playing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Same here. I'm from Canada though. I've never been to Europe before. My girlfriend and I wanted to travel there this summer for a festival, but we were a tad late and all the hotels around them are booked now, and we don't do camping, so we decided to put off a European festival until Summer 2019 where we can actually plan a bit better, but then these NIN shows started popping up. She's French-Canadian and always wanted to go to Paris, so it kind of works out. So far all we got was Paris, but I'm hoping the UK gets added to the itinerary, as the plan is to take the last 2 weeks of June off and head to the UK for the first week, and then France for the second week.

I don't know if I should sit and play the waiting game and hope that the UK gets something before the Paris show, or just gamble with the rumored Amsterdam show. The Amsterdam show is a little out of the way with our travel plans though.

Also, glad to know we're not the only crazy nuts flying over from North America for this, lol.
    Indeed. I am going solo and don't really like doing the "night life" things alone, so shows (and holy shit, NIN) are perfect honestly. I can explore the cities and do tourist things during the day.

That being said, if any of you NA NIN fans are interesting in meeting up, PM me!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So Paris is sold out.

Has anyone here been to that Japanese festival?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So Paris is sold out.

Has anyone here been to that Japanese festival?
    My friend in Japan tells me it's in a baseball stadium. And summer in Japan is really hot and humid.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I think I’m skipping these overseas shows. No way I’m spending $1,000+ in travel to see another outdoor festival show and I am not paying resale prices for Paris. I’m hoping hard they do some proper headlining dates in the US and play Riot Fest again and that it’s as crazy of a lineup this fall.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    There is a second date in Japan?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm guessing they're playing SonicMania in Tokyo on Friday, and then SummerSonic in Osaka on Saturday or Sunday. If they end up playing Friday, Saturday, & Sunday - I might have to make it a vacation after all.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Makes sense they would be doing more than 1 show in Japan. It's a long way to fly for just 1 show. I expect at least a few dates there. Couple festivals and at least 1 headlining solo gig.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Makes sense they would be doing more than 1 show in Japan. It's a long way to fly for just 1 show. I expect at least a few dates there. Couple festivals and at least 1 headlining solo gig.
    Ehhh, they do more than one show....

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I dunno. I think the exclusivity clauses would probably prevent that (since they don't really play shows outside of Tokyo and Osaka). In all the past tours in Japan, NIN has done either Festivals or headliners, but never both mixed. And when they've done festivals, it's Tokyo and Osaka, and that's it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    I'm jealous, that sounds fun. My wife wants to go all of these places and I keep telling her the formula is pretty simple. Wait till T-Rez tours somewhere you want to go and I'll make it happen.