Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,906
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Well, that's my birthday week, so I'm already trying to rationalize celebrating by flying across an ocean to see a band I've already seen 5 times. Depending on how extensive their European dates end up being I might have to strongly consider it, especially since I've never been abroad.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Heaven or Las Vegas
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Well, that's my birthday week, so I'm already trying to rationalize celebrating by flying across an ocean to see a band I've already seen 5 times. Depending on how extensive their European dates end up being I might have to strongly consider it, especially since I've never been abroad.

    I'd love to go to Europe and seeing NIN on top of that would be awesome. I say do it.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,305
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I've never been to Europe, and always wanted to go, so if NIN do have some European shows in 2018, that could be the kick that finally makes me book a trip over there. Was already eyeing checking out a summer festival there this coming year. Depending on lineups of course.

    Don't look at it as traveling to see a band you've seen xx number of times, look at it as traveling to see the world and a NIN show just happens to fall in line with when you wanted to go.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,478
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    NIN at Rockfest 2018 in Quebec. I'm calling it now.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i really hope NIN cuts back on the festival shows & does more stand alone. not a fan of festivals. i'm older than dirt & have some physical limitations that don't allow me to really go to festivals. + you tend to get shorter sets etc. the hesitation marks show i saw in 2013 was stunning although they were even better in vegas last month. really liked the band lineup this go around.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,906
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    I think when it comes to Europe festivals are a market that makes sense and the 2017 dates have been warming up, getting back into the swing of things, seeing if they really want to commit to more dates, and it's pretty obvious they've had a blast on them. It was a smaller commitment than a full tour and allowed for lots of surprises, extra events and additional shows without all of the pressure of a big, never-ending stretch of consecutive dates. I think there'll be a lot of headlining solo shows this next year.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,786
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I think when it comes to Europe festivals are a market that makes sense and the 2017 dates have been warming up, getting back into the swing of things, seeing if they really want to commit to more dates, and it's pretty obvious they've had a blast on them. It was a smaller commitment than a full tour and allowed for lots of surprises, extra events and additional shows without all of the pressure of a big, never-ending stretch of consecutive dates. I think there'll be a lot of headlining solo shows this next year.
    Agree - festivals are financially stable and allow them to book mid-week solo gigs along the way. Also the arena tour they did in Europe last time was massively undersold so I'm hoping for more sensible venue choices - e.g. a bigger venue in Germany than in Norway!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    NIN at Rockfest 2018 in Quebec. I'm calling it now.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,478
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    I hear you. I'd prefer seeing them at Osheaga or their own show but I have a feeling Rockfest is gonna snag them.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,305
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Rockfest was a gongshow. I did it this year, it was out of control. Don't think I would do it again. Not even for NIN. I hate festival shows at it is, NIN at rockfest is asking for trouble.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    1,940
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Rockfest was a gongshow. I did it this year, it was out of control. Don't think I would do it again. Not even for NIN. I hate festival shows at it is, NIN at rockfest is asking for trouble.
    what was bad about it? Too crowded?

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,305
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    what was bad about it? Too crowded?
    It was incredibly crowded. The site isn't big enough for the amount of foot/car traffic the festival has grown to, but more importantly the crowd is very rowdy. Probably the worst crowd I have ever been in, and I have been to festivals all across Canada, USA and Australia as well. It was violent. People there were legitimately out to hurt people.

    My girlfriend and I walked away with like 10-15 visible bruises all over and she got her clothes ripped off.

    The site was a disaster as well, nothing but "woodstock mud" throughout the whole site. We destroyed our hotel room by tracking mud in, I feel bad for the cleaning staff.

    For comparison, we were just at Aftershock in Sacramento last month. Walked away without a single scratch. Was such a night and day experience. Hardly anyone moved at Aftershock. Everyone respected each others space.

    As far as festivals go, the aftershock crowd was probably one of the better ones I have been in.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-08-2017 at 02:45 PM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    851
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone think NIN might do Cal Jam next year?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,391
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Hellfest (Fra) seems to be confirmed. june 22-24


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    5 bands announced. still no NIN.
    edit: i cannot imagine NIN playing at a pure metal festival like this, by the way. we'll see.
    Last edited by witte; 11-16-2017 at 10:43 AM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,293
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Anyone think NIN might do Cal Jam next year?
    If they do then you can count me in. I went to CalJam this year and even though I hate festivals, I'll go to see NIN.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.2.883
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well the poster doesn't give me a warm/fuzzy about a one off Texas Show before Houston next month.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Well the poster doesn't give me a warm/fuzzy about a one off Texas Show before Houston next month.
    Yeah, that sucks.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In the penis'y bit.
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I guess that means another promotional showing at a local record store. WOOO!!

Posting Permissions