Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Haha i remember them, the first 2 dates at Brixton had people on their hands and knees in the toilets looking for USB sticks
    Was my first ever NIN show incidentally.
    And mine!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Yep it was 15 solo shows in the UK in total that year. Brixton Academy was the venue they had played most in the world the last time I looked it up (wouldn’t be surprised if a US venue has since overtaken though)
    Very interesting to hear that about Brixton....gives me hope that might get more than a solitary UK gig this summer. Looking at the stats for that year on setlist fm the UK shows were the largest of any territory outside the US, so hopefully, he'll see us right and give us at least 3!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    everything is fine, but please not between july 9th en july 16th (holiday in madrid)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Checking for UK dates again...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I suspect they will play this Meltdown Festival curated by Robert Smith which isn’t being announced until March, so still a few weeks at least

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I suspect they will play this Meltdown Festival curated by Robert Smith which isnít being announced until March, so still a few weeks at least
    Maybe you might be right. Date would fit perfect (a few days before Paris).

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; Yesterday at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Brixton Academy was the venue they had played most in the world the last time I looked it up (wouldnít be surprised if a US venue has since overtaken though)
    Still Brixton at 10 performances (because of the 4 night runs in both 2005 and 2007):

http://nintourhistory.com/venues.php

Phantasy Theatre and Shoreline Amphitheatre are close behind at 8 each. Phantasy's not going to get any more dates though, and 2 of those Shoreline dates are the Trent Reznor Bridge School benefit performances, so those might not count.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Despite previously rubbishing the Meltdown suggestion, I guess it would explain the lack of any announcement so far. And yeah, looking at Robert's statement... Exciting? Yep. Inspirational? Of course. Intense? Deffo. Influential? That too. It is a small venue though, so it'll be a mad rush for tickets, and surely they'd do something else alongside it? Well, Brixton Academy looks largely free in late June!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    If they did Meltdown I would be very surprised if that were their only show in the UK.

If they did Meltdown it would be a good opportunity to try something different; the venues on Southbank don't really lend themselves to "traditional" NIN shows from an audience experience perspective.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Itís supposedly a 10 night festival, so they could be playing multiple nights?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    That's not how Meltdown works. It's more a series of gigs by various artists over a period of time - think iTunes festival. You buy a ticket for each separate gig rather than a "day" or "weekend". Here's an example of last year's schedule: https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/what...ineup-13004612