Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Right now I'm in for 6/22 London (will be sold out tomorrow), 6/25 Paris (sold out), 6/27 Amsterdam, 7/02 Berlin (sold out) and 7/12-13-14 MadCool (holiday in Madrid)
    There's a rumor for a second gig in London (the weekend 6/23-24). See what happens next days.
    Royal Albert Hall, yes. That's what I heard from a guy here
    Last edited by witte; 03-15-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    NIN Royal Albert Hall 24th June

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @witte thanks for all your predictions/hints actually being legit so far, it's refreshing.

Him saying "a few months of touring" this year puts a real damper on a full US fall/winter leg. I still don't think it rules out a handful of dates, but my hopes are a lot smaller. If they're only going to do a couple fests I'd love it if they did Riot again, they fit in perfectly last year and it felt like the crowd was really open to what they were doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Although the RAH would be pretty awesome, it's still only twice the capacity of the RFH. Glad we bagged tickets for Meltdown, Sunday night would be a bit of a crapper for work ... with a 300 mile drive out of London near midnight.

NiN fans filled several arenas of two to four times that for Wave Goodbye and Hesitation Marks. After reading some of the tales of woe in the Meltdown gig thread and from our experience of scoring tickets, the seven P's apply.

Tickets will go on general sale at 12pm on Friday 16 March.
    Please note there is a limit of four tickets per booker.
    You will need an account with us before you can buy tickets via our website. Please register or update your details via My Account

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Royal Alber Hall, yes. That's what I heard from a guy here
    Any word on a Barcelona show???

The July 9-11 window has to have a show!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Definitely got the sense a US tour isn’t happening this year.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    NIN at the Royal Albert Hall. That's a legendary venue where Cream pretty much owned that venue for their farewell gig and their reunion shows. Deep Purple played there with an orchestra for their shows in the classic Mach II line-up of Ian Gillan, Ian Paice, Roger Glover, Ritchie Blackmore, and the late, great Jon Lord. Eric Clapton did 24 straight shows at that venue. Someone please film the NIN show. I would do anything to see NIN at that venue.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    Any word on a Barcelona show???

The July 9-11 window has to have a show!
    As I said earlier, there's still a hole in july: I think 7/10 is a possibility for an extra gig. Barcelona? I don't know...
    For me it's done: London-London-Paris-Amsterdam-Berlin-Madrid is more than enough.
    Last edited by witte; 03-15-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I got the same feeling as well but who knows at this point.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    There's still hope for a fall or winter tour, but yeah, I'm worried they might only tour overseas this year. I guess I can't complain too much since I just saw them at RiotFest 6 months ago.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

He did mention doing a few months worth of shows, and technically they are only scheduled for about a month of touring if you exclude all the gaps. So, maybe there is still hope?
    Last edited by somewhat_; 03-15-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    At this point there there isn’t any reason to hold back on announcing US dates, unless he wants to wait for the EP to drop. I’ve said it before, but it really seems like bands are scheduling tours farther in advance than they were five years ago. Not saying I’m correct, but a lot of arena shows are lined up by big bands already- and NIN should t be trying to compete for people’s funds. If it’s a club/theatre tour that would be a different story, shouldn’t have a problem selling 4000 tickets in any market.

Probably safe to say theyre going with the same or similar stripped down production for Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I still don't think it rules out a handful of dates, but my hopes are a lot smaller. If they're only going to do a couple fests I'd love it if they did Riot again, they fit in perfectly last year and it felt like the crowd was really open to what they were doing.
    Headlining the same festival two years in a row isn’t happening. I’d rather not even see NIN do more damn festivals. Reeks of doing it just for the money. The people attending Royal Albert Hall I’m jealous of though, that should be fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If the choice is “NIN at festivals” or “no NIN at all” I will take festivals any day of the week. A band sustaining itself while turning in amazing performances is nothing to criticize in my mind. The festival dates I attended last year blew the Soundgarden tour out of the water and outdid Tension in immediacy and energy. Stigmatizing the primary way for artists to keep themselves afloat nowadays just feels selfish and dumb to me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He did mention doing a few months worth of shows, and technically they are only scheduled for about a month of touring if you exclude all the gaps. So, maybe there is still hope?
    This was my impression too. I wish they'd be able to just give us all of them at this point.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    If the choice is “NIN at festivals” or “no NIN at all” I will take festivals any day of the week. A band sustaining itself while turning in amazing performances is nothing to criticize in my mind. The festival dates I attended last year blew the Soundgarden tour out of the water and outdid Tension in immediacy and energy. Stigmatizing the primary way for artists to keep themselves afloat nowadays just feels selfish and dumb to me.
    Differnet strokes for different folks then. I wasn’t feeling Riot Fest and the crowd was kind of “meh” as well, but that’s a festival so gotta expect it to be a bit tame. I just think doing the festival rounds promoting new music for the second straight year is a bit lame.

Differences apart, they’re not going to headline the same festivals anyways. Gotta hope at this point for a club/theatre tour but those dates just seem to pop up around the festivals.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

Differences apart, they’re not going to headline the same festivals anyways. Gotta hope at this point for a club/theatre tour but those dates just seem to pop up around the festivals.
    Maybe a short jaunt in October with ACL fest and/or voodoo fest being a possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's my crazy schedule for June. Not sure if my 48 year-old bones will be able to handle it!

Fri 22.6: NIN at Meltdown
    Sat 23.6: Depeche Mode at Isle Of Wight Festival
    Sun 24.6: NIN at the Royal Albert Hall
    Mon 25.6: NIN at Paris Olympia
    Tues 26.6: (chill out in Paris)
    Wed 27.6: NIN in Amsterdam
    Thurs 28.6: fly home!

EDIT: I could go see A Perfect Circle on my "day off" in Paris, biut alas it sold out ages ago.
    Last edited by scardwel; 03-16-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scardwel View Post
    EDIT: I could go see A Perfect Circle on my "day off" in Paris, biut alas it sold out ages ago.
    Do it. There are always people trying to unload tickets in the last few days before the show when they suddenly can't make it for some reason.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Ugh. I have to be at work in Paris at an incredibly shite hour of the morning on the 25th, otherwise I'd be all over the RAH show.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Ugh. I have to be at work in Paris at an incredibly shite hour of the morning on the 25th, otherwise I'd be all over the RAH show.
    I guess that means you're doing the Paris show though?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I guess that means you're doing the Paris show though?
    Nope, because that work day is gonna be about 24 hours long. Not the first time that I've been working one concert while NIN plays less than 10km away.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Since it’s only 4,000 capacity will this likely sell out fast? I won’t be able to buy in the presale but should be good for general, I’m just paranoid of not getting tickets.
    I have been to almost every NIN show in Vegas since LitS and without fail they always sell out quick but there will be loads of tickets available from 3rd party sellers come show time. I have eaten so much money in tickets this way, unless I pull VIP tix from the presale or first public onsale I'm passing.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, who thinks the word "summer" means NA will be getting shows fall/winter? I'm sure Trent worded it that way on purpose...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    So, who thinks the word "summer" means NA will be getting shows fall/winter? I'm sure Trent worded it that way on purpose...
    I'm going to say Las Vegas is probably a dress rehearsal for Europe? Close enough for me i'll take it. Now to secure tickets!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This will be my first time seeing the first shows of a tour and I’m so excited about it. Finally seeing them indoors again at solo headlining shows is going to be very refreshing; of 5 shows, only one wasn’t outside. Since the 3rd EP will be out I’ll be seeing songs I don’t even know the names of yet.

This is the first time period where I’ve been able to travel and get into the tours the way so many other people have and it’s something else entirely from getting one show every few years. I’m totally fine if the setlists are close to last year’s but with a couple new songs swapped in and hopefully a few surprises — it’s bene long enough from last year that I think a little variety isn’t crazy to hope for. I won’t be surprised if the Bowie cover is dropped since they’ll be trying to fit songs from 3 EPs into these sets, and we all know the last thing Trent will do is cut out Hand That Feeds.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    When I bought Amsterdam ticket, it was the 2nd show of the tour, now it's 6th and I have to avoid setlist spoilers for 2 weeks instead of just two days. D'oh.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It’s Nine Inch Nails though. They always mix it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know why everyone is freaking out about NIN not having U.S. dates in fall/winter.

Did everyone forget that the Tension 2013 fall/winter dates weren't announced until the first week of June?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This will be my first time seeing the first shows of a tour and I’m so excited about it. Finally seeing them indoors again at solo headlining shows is going to be very refreshing; of 5 shows, only one wasn’t outside. Since the 3rd EP will be out I’ll be seeing songs I don’t even know the names of yet.

This is the first time period where I’ve been able to travel and get into the tours the way so many other people have and it’s something else entirely from getting one show every few years. I’m totally fine if the setlists are close to last year’s but with a couple new songs swapped in and hopefully a few surprises — it’s bene long enough from last year that I think a little variety isn’t crazy to hope for. I won’t be surprised if the Bowie cover is dropped since they’ll be trying to fit songs from 3 EPs into these sets, and we all know the last thing Trent will do is cut out Hand That Feeds.
    The first two shows of NINJA were definitely two of my more memorable shows - Not only because of the set list surprises in the first show, but completely changing things up and even more setlist surprises during the second show made it extra special. Hopefully it will be a similar experience for you.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikranax View Post
    I don't know why everyone is freaking out about NIN not having U.S. dates in fall/winter.

Did everyone forget that the Tension 2013 fall/winter dates weren't announced until the first week of June?
    Yes, however tours seem to be announced a lot earlier nowadays than even just five years ago. Arena tours anyways.

There's definitley still hope for some tour whether it's clubs or arenas.