Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    This worries me a bit that it's just going to be more festivals and that's it. What does everyone else think?
    The festival shows subsidize the massive costs for traveling over there, and allow them to do the headlining shows in-between.

why release them one at a time like this, just drop a load of dates on us at once! lol.
    Festivals want to announce their lineups in a controlled manner on their timeline. If NIN publishes their whole schedule of headlining shows, people might be able to fill in the blanks in the schedule to determine what festivals NIN will be attending, before those festivals are able to make their announcement. Once more of the festival dates start to fill in, we should see the headlining shows start to be announced, once their announcements would give less away about potential festival appearances that aren't yet announced.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping there's assigned seating for some of these headline shows in 2018. Trying to get a good spot in a pit situation is exhausting.
    Last edited by streetman; 12-17-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The festival shows subsidize the massive costs for traveling over there, and allow them to do the headlining shows in-between.

Festivals want to announce their lineups in a controlled manner on their timeline. If NIN publishes their whole schedule of headlining shows, people might be able to fill in the blanks in the schedule to determine what festivals NIN will be attending, before those festivals are able to make their announcement. Once more of the festival dates start to fill in, we should see the headlining shows start to be announced, once their announcements would give less away about potential festival appearances that aren't yet announced.
    What's your guess as to when the US shows will be announced?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    What's your guess as to when the US shows will be announced?
    Hard to say. The Europe tour will probably be 1-1.5 months. There's enough time before or after that to do amphitheatre venues either in the late spring or late summer, but that'd be a lot of continuous touring, which I think he's trying to avoid. Otherwise, they could do arenas even earlier in the spring (though there's not much time left for ticket sales for that) or later in the fall. If I had to guess, I'd probably put money on a fall arena tour. There's also an outside chance they could do a club tour, but I doubt it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Hard to say. The Europe tour will probably be 1-1.5 months. There's enough time before or after that to do amphitheatre venues either in the late spring or late summer, but that'd be a lot of continuous touring, which I think he's trying to avoid. Otherwise, they could do arenas even earlier in the spring (though there's not much time left for ticket sales for that) or later in the fall. If I had to guess, I'd probably put money on a fall arena tour. There's also an outside chance they could do a club tour, but I doubt it.
    Spring club tour please. Honestly, I think we’ll have a better idea once Coachella is announced. If they are on the lineup they probably are doing at least a short spring US tour. If they aren’t on the lineup I think the fall is more likely.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping there's assigned seating for some of these headline shows in 2018. Trying to get a good spot in a pit situation is exhausting.
    They did that for NIN/SG and literally everyone I heard talking about it HATED IT. Probably most because we didn't get to pick the seats, we bought what was listed as "GA PIT" and showed up the day of to get tickets with individual seat numbers listed and a "pit" full of anchored down chairs.
    If you don't want to deal with the pit, get seats, but don't ruin the pit for those who want to be able to move more than half an inch when MOTP starts up.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    They did that for NIN/SG and literally everyone I heard talking about it HATED IT. Probably most because we didn't get to pick the seats, we bought what was listed as "GA PIT" and showed up the day of to get tickets with individual seat numbers listed and a "pit" full of anchored down chairs.
    If you don't want to deal with the pit, get seats, but don't ruin the pit for those who want to be able to move more than half an inch when MOTP starts up.
    Heard the exact opposite from people who went to the 2014 show. They said they had seats and had their own space to move around without others getting in their way and it was great.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow, some venues were sold as GA Pit and then did that? The Detroit show was definitely pulling up seats from the get go. I remember getting BBB to pull up, thinking it was second row and was very pleased to find out there wasn't even an AAA. That's false advertising to lead people into thinking it's GA.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Heard the exact opposite from people who went to the 2014 show. They said they had seats and had their own space to move around without others getting in their way and it was great.
    Probably because I am still one of those guys who gets there super early, hangs with "pit people" all day in line, then enjoy walking in and being able to go anywhere I want depending on the stage setup and how the crowd's feeling that show. I didn't hear one person happy about the pit being seats (and assigned seats, at that), of the few shows I went to that tour, everyone was pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Wow, some venues were sold as GA Pit and then did that? The Detroit show was definitely pulling up seats from the get go. I remember getting BBB to pull up, thinking it was second row and was very pleased to find out there wasn't even an AAA. That's false advertising to lead people into thinking it's GA.
    Yeah, the NJ show was actually sold as PIT GA and we were handed tickets with randomly assigned seats (most groups of tickets that were bought together were sat together, some were not). We were excited about potentially getting the only actual pit show of the entire tour, just to find out they were randomly assigned seats. That's the furthest back in the pit I have ever been, and it wasn't worth the cost difference between there and the regular seating that started one row back (actually, because of the shape of the seated area vs pit, I would have had a better view because they're raised above the pit). It was an amazing show, don't get me wrong, we got the ASSAULT playlist (the first one of the tour, I think) but the seated pit was terrible and all I could think of was that bootleg where Trent tells the pit to pick up their chairs and pass them to the security so they could have a safe open area to enjoy the show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    REALLY hoping for a Barcelona date around July 9!

But running out of time to book our flights (traveling with non-NIN people).

Anybody hearing any rumored dates?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    REALLY hoping for a Barcelona date around July 9!

But running out of time to book our flights (traveling with non-NIN people).

Anybody hearing any rumored dates?
    They do already Madrid July 14. July 2 Berlin, July 6 Belfort. I predict July 7-8 Werchter. I assume they will do a few north Europe gigs till they go down to Spain.
    So July 9 Barcelona, mmm.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    news for Aerodrome fest. - one day tickets available, NIN plays 30.6.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Selling GA and giving out assigned seats instead is a monumentally dick move. You must have been fuming, especially if you didn't realise until you got inside and queued for the show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, they seem to be following a similar route to Pearl Jam and I will be in Barcelona for them on July 10. Any date within a couple days would be a huge gift!

Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    They do already Madrid July 14. July 2 Berlin, July 6 Belfort. I predict July 7-8 Werchter. I assume they will do a few north Europe gigs till they go down to Spain.
    So July 9 Barcelona, mmm.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not playing Coachella, so now its a matter of when they tour the u.s in the spring.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Are we sure they are even going to tour the US for 2018? Are we just hoping/speculating they do?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Are we sure they are even going to tour the US for 2018? Are we just hoping/speculating they do?
    Trent said so himself in New York, and I’m pretty sure he mentioned it at other dates as well.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Not playing Coachella, so now its a matter of when they tour the u.s in the spring.
    Wait, are you saying they are touring the US in the spring?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Wait, are you saying they are touring the US in the spring?
    Tour in the Spring? I thought NIN starts the tour after the festivals. Have they ever done a US tour then done festivals in Europe after?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, he said a few times that the plan was 2018 for a proper tour. I believe it was in one of the Lowe interviews where he says Summer 2018 specifically which is why I'm confused about a possible Spring tour.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah, unless it's some kind of club tour, we'd probably already have dates by now (unless they were waiting on Coachella announcement which seems unlikely now). I think a late summer/ Fall arena tour is much more likely.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Club tour, arena tour, spring, summer, fall, as long as NIN headlines shows within a few hours drive I will be happy.
    Please no heat of the summer outdoor amphitheater shows, though. I hate playing the "drink enough to not die but not so much that you have to pee all day, also sunblock every 15 minutes" game.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    FYI, Alessandro does some gigs in Europe in February. Says something about NIN tour plans early 2018.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I still have a hope that on 4 of july they will play in Poland at Opene'r Festival :P It is so close to where I live

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Come onnn. Where are the rest of the datesssss. Tront!!!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've been looking at European festival dates and a map of the continent, trying to work out what route they might take

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Am I alone in thinking that they will play Voodoo Fest this year? They played in 2008 and 2013 and this is the 20th anniversary of the festival and Trent does love New Orleans and Voodoo Fest. I have been a fan for many years and have never had the chance to see them live...so the possibility of them playing is a big part of why I wanna go to the festival This year.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I've been looking at European festival dates and a map of the continent, trying to work out what route they might take
    I’m curious. Any conclusions/predictions?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's a Finnish festival that APC are playing in mid-June. There could be a potential route of Scandinavia-Eastern Europe-Prague Festival-Berlin-Benelux-Belfort-Milan/Barcelona-Madrid. But this is my wishful thinking at play too, it could all be nonsense! It's also quite hard to find a comprehensive list of all summer festivals in Europe. The timing of any UK shows bothers me less because I'm already here. I'd like something to force me to visit as many new European countries as possible before The Event.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    It's also quite hard to find a comprehensive list of all summer festivals in Europe.
    It was super easy and useful on the old version of last.fm website! Shame that they still haven't reintroduced that feature after the rehash.