Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bangkok announced too. 3 announcements in 2 days.

Still no Barcelona on July 11???

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tour dates are coming thick and fast now, just like me...wait

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So the new mailing list tour schedule mentions opening acts but has none listed for Vegas. Any chance there won’t be an opener, or if there is that it’ll be something a little more special than usual?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So the new mailing list tour schedule mentions opening acts but has none listed for Vegas. Any chance there won’t be an opener, or if there is that it’ll be something a little more special than usual?
    I'm guessing it's a "we'll pull someone off the street" type deal they did with Wave Goodbye Club shows and Bakersfield.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I'm guessing it's a "we'll pull someone off the street" type deal they did with Wave Goodbye Club shows and Bakersfield.
    Bakersfield? Bakersfield was Tobacco, not "someone off the street."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So they play June 16th in Vegas and June 22nd in London. They probably have to fly into NY before their flight overseas, so maybe a NYC show in between?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Not a chance. Vegas is billed as the only North American shows of the summer. They're not going to make a lie out of that, but they'll probably play again in the fall/winter.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Totally forgot about that. With my luck, they'll play New York over Labor Day, which is when I'll be in Boston to see Pearl Jam at Fenway.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    but I'm not sure if all the gigs are streamed. But if the gig is filmed, there's an archive in Switzerland just for this festival.
    Yeah, I dunno what the streaming situation will be. I just meant to convey that they are meticulous about filming EVERYTHING. A lot of which never gets released and just goes into the archive. But sometimes there are Blu-ray releases and streaming and YouTube posts and such.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Montreux 2002 was the show where David Bowie played Low in full (ok, one song was missing).
    And the proshot of it is circulating.

Just sayin'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Montreux 2002 was the show where David Bowie played Low in full (ok, one song was missing).
    And the proshot of it is circulating.

Just sayin'.
    Would kill for the NIN and/or QOTSA shows to be released from this year. If it had been announced earlier, would've tried to make it--Stravinski Hall looks amazing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here is the set list from the 8-20-17 show at The Joint in Las Vegas. If you were to guess which songs will stay for this upcoming tour, which songs will go, and which songs they will be replaced with, what would you guess? (Not which songs you would like to hear but what songs you think you will hear) Obviously there will be at least one or two off the new EP. Mad props to anyone that can guess those songs right.

1 Branches/Bones
    2 Wish
    3 Terrible Lie
    4 March Of The Pigs
    5 Piggy
    6 The Frail
    7 The Wretched
    8 Closer
    9 Copy Of A
    10 Less Than
    11 Gave Up
    12 I Can't Give Everything Away (David Bowe Cover)
    13 The Background World
    14 The Great Destroyer
    15 Burning Bright (Field On Fire)
    16 The Hand The Feeds
    17 Head Like A Hole
    18 Survivalism
    19 The Day The World Went Away
    20 Hurt
    Last edited by Jordan; 04-18-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Here is the set list from the 8-20-17
    Quite frankly I'm expecting to see basically the same set in London, and any new tracks or significant variations will be a bonus. I'll never criticise the lack of variation in a Nine Inch Nails set because the show is always supremely good regardless. Playing three shows in a row at LV though... you're bound to see them mixing things up a little bit. Lucky the bastards who get to see 'em all.

For fun speculation though... Nine Inch Nails will be busy at Royal Albert Hall on the 24th while Robert Smith is doing his big final show of Meltdown. So! What are the chances of seeing Bob on stage on the 22nd? And if so, what song might they do? I'm not sure what to suggest, but I will give it some thought.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post

For fun speculation though... Nine Inch Nails will be busy at Royal Albert Hall on the 24th while Robert Smith is doing his big final show of Meltdown. So! What are the chances of seeing Bob on stage on the 22nd? And if so, what song might they do? I'm not sure what to suggest, but I will give it some thought.
    Everything

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Everything
    I actually had this same thought. I don't think Everything will make any set lists, but if it were to be played live I'd guess it would be on this tour.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    How about The Idea of You or Not Anymore?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That Riverfest Rockfest ... whatever the hell its called... lineup is being announced on April 30.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I feel like this year's shows are going to have a higher production value, somehow, than last year's "strip everything, let's start from scratch" feeling of I Can't Seem to Wake Up 2017.

It would actually be nice to get six or ten solid presentations of the same or similar-sized show in all these different venues, but that's probably not realistic. It'll likely be stripped down in some spaces, bigger-concept stuff in others.

They keep using promo images from the test shoot/filmed dress rehearsal or whatever it was prior to Bakersfield last year, with the moving video projector thingys, which still we haven't seen complete footage of in real action yet. There was a little bit of them at the Bakersfield show but they decided not to use it for any subsequent ones, I guess; given that the time to perfect it was too limited perhaps...

Maybe this is what they'll pull out at the Royal Albert Hall?
    Last edited by botley; 04-19-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure most of the photos they've been using to advertise the newly announced shows were taken at RiotFest.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Not this one:

Or this one:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Where did those come from?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    //edit

n/m, already covered, I should read first.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    That Riverfest Rockfest ... whatever the hell its called... lineup is being announced on April 30.
    Went to that festival a few years ago for Volbeat and Linkin Park (they were fucking awesome) and they ran out of water at like 5pm. It was miserable. That being said, if NIN or System of a Down is there, so will I. I think NIN will be playing ACL though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Not this one:
    Or this one:
    I was referring to all the ones like this:

and this:

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I was referring to all the ones like this:

and this:
    I guess our links died. Here are the ones with projector images again, from the last few nin.com mailing list e-blasts.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was talking about the ones that have been posted on the nin.com front page and facebook with the NIN logo, city, venue, & date added to the image.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not this one:

Or this one:
    This has to be from the rehearsals which were filmed. You can see some video of it in the rehearsal video of THE LOVERS.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Predicting “we’re just INCHES away from announcing the lineup.” and “Waiting is like NAILS on a chalkboard” tweets.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 04-21-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Went to that festival a few years ago for Volbeat and Linkin Park (they were fucking awesome) and they ran out of water at like 5pm. It was miserable. That being said, if NIN or System of a Down is there, so will I. I think NIN will be playing ACL though.
    As far as festivals, I’m thinking it’s river city rockfest and voodoo. Hopefully a club/theater tour is being planned between those 2 festival dates (9/22-10/28).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I feel like this year's shows are going to have a higher production value, somehow, than last year's "strip everything, let's start from scratch" feeling of I Can't Seem to Wake Up 2017.

It would actually be nice to get six or ten solid presentations of the same or similar-sized show in all these different venues, but that's probably not realistic. It'll likely be stripped down in some spaces, bigger-concept stuff in others.

They keep using promo images from the test shoot/filmed dress rehearsal or whatever it was prior to Bakersfield last year, with the moving video projector thingys, which still we haven't seen complete footage of in real action yet. There was a little bit of them at the Bakersfield show but they decided not to use it for any subsequent ones, I guess; given that the time to perfect it was too limited perhaps...

Maybe this is what they'll pull out at the Royal Albert Hall?
    The stuff from the Bakersfield got canned because it annoyed Trent. I read this in an interview a few months ago. I have to assume the projectors just didn't work out well logistically and only really worked for Twin Peaks.