Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
Results 1,411 to 1,416 of 1416

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrudolph View Post
    If it wasn't someone I had interacted with before from this board living in the same city, and that I had been following on social media and felt like I somewhat knew by association, then I wouldn't have had any reason to do it. Just my two cents.
    Don't sell yourself short, you did a good thing.

I brought up people getting tickets for others because I actually feel/felt guilty asking someone (because of the nature of the event), not because those people are "bad" or "wrong".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't dig the in-person event. I'm lucky that my wait wasn't super long, but still it sucked. And I tried to get out my comfort zone and strike up convos, but it never got far. I think the people I was around wanted to stick with their friend group, which is understandable. Still, at this point I'm glad I did it just to get my tickets. For comparison, I tried to get tickets via TM and after refreshing 5 times a pair came up. The total would've been 239 for two vs 209. Can't really beat that. But as I mentioned earlier, I would not want to do an in-person event again and I hope they find a better way to combat scalpers next time they tour.
    Agreed - still hashing out my feelings on it. If we hadn't gotten there at 740AM we may not even have tickets, spent 6 hours in line and would've missed a wedding we needed to get to if it went any longer. I didn't mind doing it and there were definitely some neat aspects, but if it were to become a regular thing I think my feelings would change. I've been doing the online presales since the With Teeth 2005 tour and never had an issue, but I understand and appreciate the attempts to fight scalping nonetheless.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Don't sell yourself short, you did a good thing.

I brought up people getting tickets for others because I actually feel/felt guilty asking someone (because of the nature of the event), not because those people are "bad" or "wrong".
    Gotcha - I would say I considered the ethics of such a thing with regard to the "physical world" presale idea in the days since, and I do find it interesting. That's not to say I wouldn't do it again, I just think it raises some interesting questions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Gotcha - I would say I considered the ethics of such a thing with regard to the "physical world" presale idea in the days since, and I do find it interesting. That's not to say I wouldn't do it again, I just think it raises some interesting questions.
    Plus I'm excited to hang out with @sweeterthan and her husband and make new ets friends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed - still hashing out my feelings on it. If we hadn't gotten there at 740AM we may not even have tickets, spent 6 hours in line and would've missed a wedding we needed to get to if it went any longer. I didn't mind doing it and there were definitely some neat aspects, but if it were to become a regular thing I think my feelings would change. I've been doing the online presales since the With Teeth 2005 tour and never had an issue, but I understand and appreciate the attempts to fight scalping nonetheless.

Yeah, exactly. I don't mind it now and I'm lucky I got there at 7. I honestly probably would've given up if I got there later and was way far back in line. But it's gonna be a pain if it's a regular thing. I'm so used to just dealing with online pre-sales and TM fees at this point. It sucks, but I can't always drop everything to go to a box office to get tickets. I can't imagine what would've happened if I actually worked on Saturday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try again!

I tried to buy tickets at 10:00 am and was unable to. I get a text from Ticketmaster at 11:00 saying tickets are available. Managed to go back to ticketmaster website and buy two tickets.

Just a weird experience overall. Went from frustrated to elated.

And yes, Youth is King. I don't think Trent is catering to the age bracket that has been supporting his work since the late 80's.
    Last edited by trezdustrial; Today at 10:58 AM.