Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I really wonder what he means by this.
    Hopefully in NY and anywhere else storms are predicted means ... free umbrellas. Everywhere else, professional Trent impersonators! (Seriously though, some kind of swag or pop up shop at or near the box office would be neat.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I know its a few days early, but could any of you going to the Boston 'Presale' do me a favor and ask all their friends who are going to this thing to bathe the night before and wear deodorant that morning? I promise I will do the same. The minute I saw 'In Person Presale' I had flashbacks to the Fragility Tour where I stood in line next to some dude in a Static-X T-Shirt stained with spaghetti sauce and he smelled like a 4 day old burrito... with cheese... I don't miss those lines in my local Macy's. Not. One. Bit.

I wonder how they are going to prevent people from lining up before 8 AM?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    "We're gonna do some things we think will make that experience pretty good that we haven't spelled out yet so that you might be pleasantly surprised." - Trent talking about the pre-sale on the Zane Lowe interview

https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/sa....9-8a5db8dbb4ce
    Gonna be some NIN fans meeting Trent this weekend.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, now that the site has been updated with openers... can we assume the Vegas shows are JUST NIN? You'd think if they were going to have anyone else, something would have been mentioned by now.

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Gonna be some NIN fans meeting Trent this weekend.
    Considering all of the locations but Colorado are having their sales at the same time, probably not. I'm guessing pop-up store like what's already been mentioned for Chicago, maybe the "DJ playing music" will be playing new music, at most some AIR meeting style "here is some special swag" stuff. Anyhow, I am jealous of the people who are able to make it to a ticket line this weekend.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 05-17-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    I know its a few days early, but could any of you going to the Boston 'Presale' do me a favor and ask all their friends who are going to this thing to bathe the night before and wear deodorant that morning? I promise I will do the same. The minute I saw 'In Person Presale' I had flashbacks to the Fragility Tour where I stood in line next to some dude in a Static-X T-Shirt stained with spaghetti sauce and he smelled like a 4 day old burrito... with cheese... I don't miss those lines in my local Macy's. Not. One. Bit.I wonder how they are going to prevent people from lining up before 8 AM?
    Should we bring Axe body spray? Ha! What time you planning to get there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I am pretty much in the same boat as you. Thankfully I have a good guy on ETS here helping me out with getting me some tickets for the Nashville show. Originally, I wanted to do Memphis because it's an indoor venue as Nashville is an outdoor amphitheater ... and the possibility of terrible weather always makes me anxious. However, my new job of one year now has less than stellar PTO benefits to what I was originally used to so I have to be super careful with what I'm using it for ... and my girlfriend and I already invested a week's worth of PTO to go drive form St. Louis to New Jersey to go visit some of her family. With the Memphis show I'd have to take two more days off since it's on a Monday and there's no way I want to drive back home nearly four hours after that. Like you, I would've had to get a hotel tomorrow just to make sure I wait in line correctly to get the tickets ... to then do it all over again a few months from now. Another obnoxious thing is that Memphis is confused on the lineup time ... they list it as 6 a.m. while NIN.com and most other cities have it listed as 8 a.m. Just sounds like a total clusterfuck possibly in Memphis.

Thankfully there's at least lawn seats for the Nashville show and I can just bite the bullet this time and if NIN decides to play St. Louis, just do the whole wait in line thing within my own city. Again, thank you for being an awesome dude @Kid A!
    Having a good job with a lot of PTO helps. I feel bad for fans who work at Wal-Mart and in the food service business who won't be able to go because they can't get off work on short notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the thing I wonder about too. Will there be a line for the line? I don't have any faith in people to queue up correctly or act civilized.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen any statements from any venue in regards to them actually keeping people away until 8am on Saturday? That discretion has to be their own, and it would be sad if it did devolve into a hot mess very early on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    This is the thing I wonder about too. Will there be a line for the line? I don't have any faith in people to queue up correctly or act civilized.
    I assume there will be a line for the line. While some people can be dicks, on the whole the majority of NIN fans should be good. Once a pre-line has started to form, everyone will likely fall into it as they arrive.The only argument some might have is that it explicitly says no line until 8am. So someone coming at 7:50 does have a right to say "I don't care that you got here last night, it says the line doesn't start until 8am". I guess we'll see how that goes. Do you think lot of people will be getting there much before 8am?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Has anyone seen any statements from any venue in regards to them actually keeping people away until 8am on Saturday? That discretion has to be their own, and it would be sad if it did devolve into a hot mess very early on.
    Most venues just say "no lineups permitted before 8am." We'll see how it goes! I'm not going to get there until 8-- it's Saturday morning and that is still too early for me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    From Aragon:

Doesn't give me any comfort.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been discussed already. For Red Rocks, it notes the first 7 rows are non-transferable. A friend is buying tickets for me and a couple friends, but she won't be going to the show (she lives in Denver, I live in Seattle). If she is early enough to get row 1 through 7, do we know whether she would be able to designate who the tickets are for? Or does it mean that whoever is in line and buys the tickets has to use the tickets?
    Thought I'd ask here before bothering the box office.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I know its a few days early, but could any of you going to the Boston 'Presale' do me a favor and ask all their friends who are going to this thing to bathe the night before and wear deodorant that morning? I promise I will do the same. The minute I saw 'In Person Presale' I had flashbacks to the Fragility Tour where I stood in line next to some dude in a Static-X T-Shirt stained with spaghetti sauce and he smelled like a 4 day old burrito... with cheese... I don't miss those lines in my local Macy's. Not. One. Bit.

Well, I hope these "people" bathe regularly to begin with lol. Also, the simple answer is no one can stop a line from from forming early. Like someone mentioned here, with these things in the past the line usually builds before said time.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Interesting. I don't think that verbiage has been used for other venues with reserved seating. It's probably an effort to deter Ticket Brokers, but it depends on venue's implementation.

If those tickets are "credit card entry" where you have to scan the card used during the original purchase, then she could use a pre-paid debit card. Otherwise, she would need to give you her normal credit card for the show. It's unlikely the venue would ask for ID with this method, but it's possible.

They could associate the tickets with an electronic barcode or app, in which case you would need her credentials. I'd think this method would have a higher probability of requiring her ID.

If they're printing her name on the tickets, then she probably has to show up.

Regardless, you should check with the Box Office and confirm.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I called Nashville to verify some things and it sounds like they're just doing normal tickets ... either physical or will call with no option of name printing. Since I'll be driving from St. Louis, I was concerned it was going to be something along the lines of how the old nin.com presales worked ... but it seems like he's not going about it this way time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just my two cents, and probably the only post I'll make about this, albeit late.

I'm not doing this. I'm mad and sad and disappointed beyond words. It's too much to ask of me. I'm not gonna take a big, expensive trip and do the line-up dance for the privilege of buying a ticket. I've played along with all the games since 2005. Haven't missed a US tour. Racked up 43 shows, joined the Spiral, made resistance art, did remixes, made ghost videos, played the ARG, bought all the music. I've purchase tickets all kinds of ways for all kinds of venues. Stood in all kinds of lines through all kinds of cluster fucks. Slept in the street. And in return, I've only ever hoped for 2 things. The opportunity to to buy a good ticket at a fair price, and respect. It's disrespectful to make me jump through these kinds of hoops for the privilege of handing over money for good seats. I'm not a kid. This isn't fun or exciting. Drive 6 hours or more. Pay for a hotel. Jockey for line position. Sweat it out in line with scalpers hoping for a good seat. Drive 6 hours home. I'll be 60 this year. Maybe it's pathetic, but my bliss is still standing at the front of the pit at a Nine Inch Nails show. Last summer's show at Webster Hall was unbelievably fun. Nothing about this is that.

So, unless good seats are offered online, not by scalpers, I'm going to be missing my first tour since becoming a fan. After 43 shows, leftover seats in the back just won't do. I'm sure many of you are thinking, "move over, old fart, more for me." And Trent already insulted me for "bitching about it." Well, I hope you all get good seats without any line drama.* And I hope Trent enjoys watching his ticket game play out from his ivory tower.** I'm going to try really hard tomorrow not to think about it and to get over it. Good luck, everybody!

* Really do.
    ** Not so much. I hope he learns how to respect his fans better.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    From Aragon:

Doesn't give me any comfort.
    its a start and at least some acknowledgement that theyre trying to adhere to the rules. I think if they stated something about people lining up somewhere else and then lining up officially would help. Cause Aragon or anywhere else can say they do not recognize anything of the sort. L.A has at least one leg up in that they have a show tomorrow night. So nobody could even try to line up until say 2am if even that early?

As for the Red Rocks thing. They could take down all your info, have you show id, make it will cal only for those first 7 rows. Or they can print the name on the ticket also and have to check that against id show day. Sonce AEG controls that venue, ticketing is normally through AXS, and even if you buy online uour names on a printed ticket if thats what you chose as an option. So the red rocks box office can go theough that same lrocess and put the name on the ticket and enforce id check for it if its in the first 7 rows.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Opening band? I assumed JAMC was opening. I figured it was just the two of them playing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    Opening band? I assumed JAMC was opening. I figured it was just the two of them playing.
    I tought the same, as well, but, Trent posted links for the various bands that will be opening before JAMC/NIN: From Tobacco to Death in Vegas:
    http://www.nin.com/LIVE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Getting our moneys worth at least. JAMC prob wouldve played an hour regardless.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Interesting that JAMC and NIN are sharing a bill. I believe JAMC was the first band NIN toured with (I know Peter Murphy was mixed in there, somewhere). I have one of the original flyers in one of my memorabilia boxes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This fucking sucks for me. Firstly there's a bunch of asshole public transportation issues to get from where I live in the suburbs to the Aragon, and that would be a huge thing on its own just trying to get there with my disability. But, the Aragon is GA only, and because of a shitload of extremely invasive leg surgeries I've had the past few years on both legs (external fixators going through bone and all to fix a birth defect), I'm still trying to learn how to walk. There's absolutely no way I could stand for a whole show.

I called Aragon and they said that since it's GA only, they don't have ADA "seats" but that once I arrive I've just have to request for assistance to show me where to go... which is apparently on the second floor???? I mean I hope there are elevators or something because I don't see how else this is happening lol. I think I could manage with a walker too with a fold down seat on it, but at this point I don't fucking know. My mobility is just so limited and I'm never sure day to day how it's going to be. It's hard to explain to anyone who has never had to learn how to re-walk, completely differently, on your whole foot instead of just your tiptoes for 27 years.

And back to Aragon, since I can't get to the box office, I just have to sit here and hope and pray with all my black heart and soul that the NIN gods will smile down upon me for me to be able to score a ticket to even have a possibility to get into this venue to see this show. God damn. I don't think NIN could have made this any more stressful for me than it is right now.

Anyways, I just want to say good luck to all those going to the IRL presales, I hope you get the tickets you want! (except for in Chicago please leave me some for one of the shows okay please thanks

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Hey @ihatecrayons , ADA seats should at least be one thing available at the later onsale time per the last question on http://www.nin.com/tickets2018. And Aragon does state on their website they have ADA seating.

https://www.livenation.com/venues/15622/aragon-ballroom
    -> Guests with Disabilities

Oh even better I found this:
    http://itvaccessible.com/aragon-ballroom/

They use the freight elevator to bring you to the third floor. Hopefully it has a great view! :-)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Smile Thank you!!!!

@m0reta Thank you thank you thank you so much!! I was getting so confused by things that seemed to conflict with each other but this makes me feel a lot better, oh I can't thank you enough <3 <3 <3 I shouldn't have any problems with my wheelchair then, that takes tons of weight off my shoulders. Seriously thank you I can't stop gushing <3 <3

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm going to give it a try. I'm pretty far upstate from NY but I have a daughter in Brooklyn that I can stay with so I'm going with the idea that if it works out and I get tickets, fine; if not, I still see my kid and try again online whenever that shows up. The thought of seeing NIN at Radio City is too inviting to not at least try. NIN's probably the only band that will make me get up out of bed as early as I'm planning to, to get over to Manhattan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snneligon View Post
    I hate scalpers and never buy from them, but this presale method makes me think I will actually buy from scalpers this time.

Figure it takes me 4 hours to drive to and from boston. 2 hours to wait to line up. Then probably 4 hours in line to buy tix. Thats 10 hours of my time. If I value free time at $25/ hour, I will pay a scalper $250 above face value for a ticket. Add in gas and parking, and maybe its closer to $300 I would be willing to pay.

What was wrong with the 2013 presale for the tension tour? Show your ID at the show to pick up your tix, and then you have to immediately enter the venue. Seemed to work fine for the 3 shows I attended that tour.
    This is something that has not been brought up nearly as much as it should be. If you're going to spend $100 or more (travel expenses, time, etc.) to get in line for tickets on Saturday morning you really should just save the time and buy them later on stubhub.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m skipping this as well. Getting up early on Saturday, driving into San Francisco, and then standing in a line for hours is super unappealing to me. Hope everything goes smoothly for all the fans who do make the effort.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Since my Magic 8 Ball refuses to tell me whether I'll be healthy enough for any of the December L.A. shows, I'm going to have to skip the wait-in-line-c'mon-it's-fun-gettin'-baked-in-the-sun Saturday hijinks and hope for the best if and when online tickets become available. I'm assuming the Palladium is GA only, and being on the short side, it's not going to matter much what my view is since I just don't have the energy to fight to the front like I did 20-odd years ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Taking the 30 minute drive from my house to the Fox in Atlanta at 4 am tomorrow to wait.

I'v'e heard local record stores are doing pop ups at the Presales? Would be cool to get some limited edition vinyl maybe

Anyone want to meet up maybe?
    Last edited by Ribbitman; 05-18-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    Taking the 30 minute drive from my house to the Fox in Atlanta at 4 am tomorrow to wait.

I'v'e heard local record stores are doing pop ups at the Presales? Would be cool to get some limited edition vinyl maybe

Anyone want to meet up maybe?
    I'll be there. Not planning on getting there that early. I was thinking 6AM-ish, maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot. Who knows... then again I'm not gonna be trying to get "front row" seats.

One thing I was wondering... is there a "pit" for the ATL shows? (not that I'd want those tix either... too old for that shit)

I think this whole thing is going to be a clusterfuck...