Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJWilde View Post
    I will be lining up for the Phoenix leg of the tour. Despite the money I paid out to see them in Vegas this year, I'm pretty excited that the tour starts in my backyard.
    Well, at least I know there will be another ETSer there somewhere.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So, most my Saturdays are usually free and I'm not doing much. But, OFC, the day when NIN tix go on sale, I have to be at a meeting. I'm just curious to see if they manage to sell out in one day, since not everyone can get to a given venue and stand in line. My meeting is over 2 hours after the sale starts and I'd have another 2 hour drive just to get to the venue. IDK, I guess we'll see if I'm feeling lucky and go, or not. Just random bad luck, this time around. There's an outside shot my friend will be able to get in line for the initial sale, but, it's far from a sure thing due to his commitments as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For me as a NIN fan from Germany, this new "physical world" ticket sale is extremely disappointing, frustrating and discriminating. In the past I travelled to the USA 3 times to attend a total of 9 NIN concerts (Tampa/West Palm Beach/4x NYC/LA and 2x Las Vegas). I would have loved to visit the USA also for the concerts in autumn 2018, and to me it is incomprehensible that the ticket sale for NIN members is no longer possible via internet. Instead of the true NIN fans, many scalpers will now be awarded tickets. What kind of idea is it to sell 4 tickets per person for each concert? Just unbelievable. I am sure that there will be no single ticket in free sale on the internet. Welcome in the stone age - it's a nice idea of Mr. Reznor to turn back time (also with his vinyls), but why then not also with regard to ticket prices which have now reached an astronomic level for his fans? Remember his beautiful cover version of the unforgettable David Bowie: I'M AFRAID OF AMERICANS? Now, in a way, I'm afraid of Trent Reznor, too...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone know about pricing for the upcoming tour? Specifically the Boston shows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klang View Post
    Looks like I'll be heading out to Boston way too early in the morning (4am. fucking awesome) to check out the line and see if it's worth those odds of sitting around for tickets. Worst case scenario, my bf and I are going to be tourists for a day and visit museums or something- just trying to frame THAT as the high point in my head instead of this mess.

And hey @sick among the pure right? If there was a Buffalo show on there I'd be giddy as can be even though that's further from me than Boston. Easier drive, cooler city, friends to crash with. Oh well.
    What time do you plan to get on line? I'm trying to figure when I should head there?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This really should be one ticket per person. That would go much further to ensuring the real fans got the tickets. I know it might suck having to go in person and wait in line, but it really does eliminate bots. If scalpers could only buy one ticket each, the chances of them coming out in drones will be less. And if they do come out in drones, one ticket per would reduce the number they got. Besides the four tickets per person rule, my other concern is the 8am line up. What happens when 100 people get there at 6am? I've read some suggest a line to get on the line, but isn't that just "the line". And if they say no line until 8am, why does someone that got there at 6am have any more right to be first than someone that got there at 7:50? Can't wait!!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malamoney View Post
    Anyone know about pricing for the upcoming tour? Specifically the Boston shows.
    Check out the Boston thread in the upcoming shows section. Info is there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I found the ETS for ticket brokers:

that makes my blood boil, making out like they had some great noble job, if they cared about ‘customers’ they’d have refrained from buying the tickets in the first place! Absolute fucking leeches

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This really should be one ticket per person. That would go much further to ensuring the real fans got the tickets. I know it might suck having to go in person and wait in line, but it really does eliminate bots. If scalpers could only buy one ticket each, the chances of them coming out in drones will be less. And if they do come out in drones, one ticket per would reduce the number they got. Besides the four tickets per person rule, my other concern is the 8am line up. What happens when 100 people get there at 6am? I've read some suggest a line to get on the line, but isn't that just "the line". And if they say no line until 8am, why does someone that got there at 6am have any more right to be first than someone that got there at 7:50? Can't wait!!!
    One ticket each is stupid. How would you be able to buy for friends and family????????? Think before you post lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    One ticket each is stupid. How would you be able to buy for friends and family????????? Think before you post lol
    You don't. If friends or family want to go, then they wait on line too. At least for the presale. Then whatever is left over can be purchased online. But the real fans that are willing to wait in line get the best seats. Think about that...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Two per person would be reasonable. Any more than that, make your friends/family get in line or wait for the leftovers. Making tickets non-transferable would help too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd also be a fan of the two ticket limit. Four seems to presume somehow that scalpers will totally sit these shows out and that they're all bot based now. (It is I'd guess a huge effort for scalpers to suddenly become meatspace focused again.) It allows people to buy for one other friend or significant other but would also make scalping a lot more difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be in for Phoenix line too...good times!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    This sounds like its going to be a total shitshow, like waiting in line at the DMV...These lines could take hours on end. Plus all the people there early will get the best seats? So the poor bastards in the middle and back of the line will get shittier seats? And then if they sell out the venue, and there are still people on line, I guess they get sent home with a free sticker and 'better luck next time'...This is going to be a total mess...Then again, I usually get VIP for NIN shows and it takes me all of 30 seconds to text my friend who gets them for me, so what do I care.....Have fun in line for 8 hours, make sure you bring something to read

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    the chances of them coming out in drones
    ???

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I wonder if Trent would be cool with this if he were a fan of a band that did this same lineup BS. What do you think? Did he take a second to put himself in the fans' shoes before doing this? I don't mind it but it does seem kind of inconvenient and a little bit too stressful just to get tickets to see a music act.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    ???

Scalper at 12 o'clock! https://dacs.org/dacs/wp-content/upl...05/drone-1.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I will be there Saturday morning for the NOLA tickets. The venue's website is saying the line starts at 6 AM! I guess I'm gonna get there around 4 AM. Its a 2 hour drive for me. I have anxiety thinking about the amount of people that might already be there at 4 AM. As long as we're one of the first 650 people, we will be fine. New Orleans is not that big of a city, so I think we may be good. Price range is $85 to $175 plus fees.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm not sure when NIN.com updated the tour page, but seeing all the dates makes me wonder if there's any room for additional surprises.

Three nights in Las Vegas should be a solid warm-up for the Summer Festivals (hopefully, they take a few days before Meltdown to rehearse something special).

There's a month break after the last festival show in Portugal before they make their August live debut in Thailand. It seems like they're just taking a week in August to hit Bangkok, Tokyo, and Osaka. Are there any Aussie festivals happening near that timeframe?

If they don't add anything in Australia, then it's roughly a 4 week break before CBI starts up in Phoenix.

The rumor mill thinks 9/30 will be a festival date in Louisville, KY, but there hasn't been an official announcement (which may explain why the first week in October is open). After the announcement, perhaps they'll add a few dates outside of that festival's radius.

There are sizable gaps between the DC & NYC shows, as well as, NYC & Boston. Maybe we'll get lucky and additional shows will be added. At the very least, it seems like we might get a TV appearance or some other publicity appearances.

After that, it's a normal stretch for Boston->Detroit->Chicago, but after Chicago it's another huge break until Thanksgiving. I can't recall a previous tour scheduling a 4 week break, so I'm guessing additional shows will be added here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I guess NIN people are the most anti-social out there so this whole physical ticket thing is going to be so fucking awkward lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What time do you plan to get on line? I'm trying to figure when I should head there?
    I'm hoping to be there at around 7:45 or so, but giving myself some wiggle room just in case I need more breaks from driving or have problems with parking and all. I don't want to push that "line starts at 8am" thing and camp out at some ridiculous hour just to make things a headache for others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sooo... I did the math and there is no way I'll be able to stand in line for tickets. My work schedule and funds don't line up at the time. I guess I'll be waiting for the online ticket sales again. Good luck and Godspeed to those braving the outdoors for a ticket in your cities. I wish you all of the best luck!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Has anyone thought of the fact that the physical sale lineup thing might be some kind of ARG? Like, maybe it's just more than buying tickets on that day? I wonder...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Has anyone thought of the fact that the physical sale lineup thing might be some kind of ARG? Like, maybe it's just more than buying tickets on that day? I wonder...
    People here just love to be set up for disappointment lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    People here just love to be set up for disappointment lol
    I'm not expecting anything lol I'm just saying it's a thought.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm not expecting anything lol I'm just saying it's a thought.
    That might be true for you but that's how these things get started lol

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So how long do yall think their set is going to be each night? I'm thinking 23-25 songs so about the same length as the Tension shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJWilde View Post
    Sooo... I did the math and there is no way I'll be able to stand in line for tickets. My work schedule and funds don't line up at the time. I guess I'll be waiting for the online ticket sales again. Good luck and Godspeed to those braving the outdoors for a ticket in your cities. I wish you all of the best luck!
    Sorry, you're not elite enough. You need to be rich enough to be able to drop everything at a moments notice and travel possibly hundreds of miles. Then you have to be able to travel back to the show. Only "real fans" can do this.
    Last edited by anduril; 05-15-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did he take a second to put himself in the fans' shoes before doing this?
    Possibly. Maybe he thinks that us interacting with a physical human being will do us good. Just let him think for you, it's the only way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The saddest part of the 2018 ticketing scheme is that until now, at least the way I see it, NIN had absolutely perfected the fan pre-sale. Going all the way back to LITS, and then even better with NIN/JA and WG. Heck, Tension was a snap. There was never any bullshit or upcharges...all you needed was a NIN.com login and a decent internet connection. Then, for your trouble, you got personalized ticket stock with custom artwork and in many cases, early access to the show. I happened to like the quantity restrictions and ID check at the door...kept tix in the hands of fans.

For TR to abandon what has worked for the past 10 years is just crazy.