Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So I’ve never been able to get in the pit at a NIN show. I know that back in the day it would be pretty rough, but how about now? I know a lot of us are “old” now, so I’m hoping it has tamed some so I can get a chance to work my way up front, at least for a song or two...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

So, there are tons of dates on the docket this year. TR’s previous interviews discussed only playing a limited amount of shows every year for the next few years. Then the latest interview he already sounds like he’s going to be ready to give it an extended break after this year. It’s almost as if he fell into the same previous trap of booking more shows than what he really wanted to do and now we’re going to be left wondering when nin will be back around again, if ever. Just an observation that I don’t really think he knows what he wants to do about touring.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, after the Friday and Saturday tickets sold out, I got four for each of the two remaining days.
    I'm not sure if I'll be going to both, but I had some friends ask if I could get them some if possible. If they don't take them, I'll offer them up for face value on here.

Also, I stood in line for nearly nine hours. NINE hours.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Where do you see six LA shows? Not doubting, just not seeing it anywhere either...

I know people. Just like when I hinted at this whole thing the day before it was announced.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    So, there are tons of dates on the docket this year. TR’s previous interviews discussed only playing a limited amount of shows every year for the next few years. Then the latest interview he already sounds like he’s going to be ready to give it an extended break after this year. It’s almost as if he fell into the same previous trap of booking more shows than what he really wanted to do and now we’re going to be left wondering when nin will be back around again, if ever. Just an observation that I don’t really think he knows what he wants to do about touring.
    Yeah, he sounded kind of pissy in that interview. Probably due to all the festivals all over different countries and continents. But hey, gotta show up to work to bring home the paycheck too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    well, after the Friday and Saturday tickets sold out, I got four for each of the two remaining days.
    I'm not sure if I'll be going to both, but I had some friends ask if I could get them some if possible. If they don't take them, I'll offer them up for face value on here.

Also, I stood in line for nearly nine hours. NINE hours.
    Yeah, but you got to interact with like actual human beings man. #priceless

heh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I know people. Just like when I hinted at this whole thing the day before it was announced.
    What people do you know?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    What people do you know?
    Seriously, don't feed him.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    to be fair, I did get along with the people around me in the crowd... but by the time we were eight hours deep, everyone was pretty spent. The food truck sold out of water, and I was so fucking dehydrated I started getting a Charlie horse in my side... and I'm pretty sure I'm sunburnt as hell.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This was the coolest thing I’ve done for a band in a while. Had a great time, met great people.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I Spent too much because I truly believe this might be the last “major” NIN tour. Not sure Trent will be able to do this much longer. Remember how bad his voice was shot for LITS? Wonder how what the performance on the end of the leg will be like.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    What people do you know?
    The ones who get show info before you do publicly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Where do you see six LA shows? Not doubting, just not seeing it anywhere either...

Yeah if if this pans out I'm definitely done. I already invested a full day and got 4 dates.

Also: ow, my balls

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    seeing photos of the ticket queues I spotted a Slip T shirt (the one with the red line across the breast) and I remembered I really liked but could never find one in L. Never mind!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The ones who get show info before you do publicly.
    Like this info?

Not playing Coachella, so now its a matter of when they tour the u.s in the spring.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    DING DING DING. This week, multiple people at work asked me about this without me even saying anything. They knew about standing in line and everything. Like people who don't even know about or follow NIN know about this pre-sale.

It worked.
    When I saw that the bullshit we were subjected to today was trending on twitter, that's when I realized what you said. The unspoken reason he did this was to hopefully generate publicity/buzz ON THE BACKS of us diehards. But not for our benefit, but rather for the masses he has trouble reaching now. So yeah it def. worked, but it's not right that we had to be experimented on (and suffer insane wait times) to get that result.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It would have been nice to know they were adding a weekend (Saturday) show. You know, for those with families and schedules.
    You know what makes that even more insulting? These decisions are never made all herky jerky the day of a ticket on-sale. That goes for any group. These added shows are always known to be part of the plan (or at least potential plan) much earlier in the process by both band mgmt & the promoter, but they hold the info back from us so the announced show(s) sell out first.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Same here. They could do a nice little Canadian leg during that gap. I'll check with my contact at Evenko see if I can get them to spill the beans.
    They could easily run up to Toronto or Montreal after NYC and before Boston.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Evidently they were selling tix in LA up until 6p. People on Reddit stating they got in line at 830 and left at 530/6

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    But NYC was ... actually kinda fun, even with the rain.
    What exactly was fun for you? Taking over 4 hours from the 10am start to get tickets is just plain unacceptable. That's what I went through, and there were people who had it far, far worse behind me.

Hopefully this experiment dies after this weekend, but if Trent does do it again, they need to have an agreement with the promoter for many, many more people working the box office, and they need to try and move the early people along in their purchases quicker for the non-GA shows. The people earlier in the day at Radio City had a myriad of great seat options, and as such I think alot of them took their time (which is understandable considering how long they waited overnight). But that time started snowballing down the line, and grinded forward line movement to a halt. Really a garbage way to do an on-sale, and all to just get people talking about NIN on social media imo.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Based on the 9999999 comments on fb about this, it sounds like this is turning into a total shitshow. Tons of people commenting the NIN thread ranting and raving at how horrible this is, waiting in line for 10 hours, driving 400 miles, only to not end up getting tickets etc....Dont think this is going to work at all

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Based on the 9999999 comments on fb about this, it sounds like this is turning into a total shitshow. Tons of people commenting the NIN thread ranting and raving at how horrible this is, waiting in line for 10 hours, driving 400 miles, only to not end up getting tickets etc....Dont think this is going to work at all
    Y'know, it was definitely an ordeal, and there was a lot of commiserating griping amongst strangers... and the lack of water was an issue... also, I think most people didn't quite realize what they were signing up for (I sure as fuck didn't).

That said, it was a unique experience. It was a glimpse of a bygone era from when we didn't have everything at our fingertips, and fuck it, I made it. Sure, at the time, I was thinking to myself "Jesus Christ, I shoulda just bought a scalped ticket." But now, these things are gold, and I feel like I earned them.

As a scalper deterrent, it isn't set up quite right unfortunately... the crew in front of me was already plotting on how to have the tickets they were buying "pay for themselves and then some." I kept my opinion to myself on that. There were a lot of good ideas going on there, but sure, it coulda been pulled off a bit more successfully... I guess it's to be expected that you'll have some hiccups when you're trying to resurrect inconvenience for nostalgia that only a portion of the crowd appreciates.

Really though, this coulda worked with a bit more immediate payoff included, and at least twice the number of ticket vendors. There were some kiosks with headphones, food trucks, the photo op was cute... but really, let's look at efficiency. I sat there for nine hours, and even then, by that point only two of the four dates had sold out (and the Friday gig sold out RIGHT BEFORE I got to the vendor). The venue is 3700 capacity. You should be prepared to sell more than 14800 tickets within 9 hours.

Maybe even do something like the way In N Out Burger handles long lines... have some guy walk up to the people parked in line and take their order, swipe their card, and then hand them a ticket for them to pick up their order. We still would have been there for a LONG time, we'd have gotten the experience. Ironically, I think a lot of the amenities and flair was overlooked because people were so focused on just maintaining their position in line. It felt like a cross between a dash of hardcore nostalgia and the worst day at the DMV ever.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-20-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I just went to the Aragon Ballroom Chicago website and clicked for tickets. See what happened

You can buy? $219? What’s this?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    probably second-hand scalper routing

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    I just went to the Aragon Ballroom Chicago website and clicked for tickets. See what happened
    aragonballroom.com (and aragonballroom.org) is not an official site, so you're looking at a third-party marketplace.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Thnx: good info for others in this case.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In Chicago, a guy walked up to me and offered me $100 to join me in line. I said no, I can't do that to all the fans in line behind me. A few minutes later, he was in line about 10 people behind me.

C.R.E.A.M.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    The people earlier in the day at Radio City had a myriad of great seat options, and as such I think alot of them took their time (which is understandable considering how long they waited overnight). But that time started snowballing down the line, and grinded forward line movement to a halt. Really a garbage way to do an on-sale, and all to just get people talking about NIN on social media imo.
    Nah, there were tons of computer problems at first. When the line split right before you entered the building, I just so happened to choose the right way, and I was the 5th person to the window, despite being the 40th in line. But their computer crashed, and I had to get back in line in another window. Then he was having computer troubles when he was trying to correct an error. This lady opened the door that is in the back of the booth, and all of my cash that was sitting on the counter flew up in the air. It looked like that game where you get in the little glass box and see how many dollars you can catch. I took cash because I thought that it would be faster as it wouldn't get flagged by a card for being a huge purchase. I was wrong! But anyway, yeah - lots of computer fuckery at the front of the line.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    C'mon guys. Back in the day people would camp out for tickets to a show.

ETA--like I said in the Boston thread, the staff at the Wang were super professional and the fans were really friendly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a good time, met some cool people around me. It helped with the 6 hours I waited. I was number 190 in line and chose to get get seats for both shows, second row so it was worth it. By the time I got the the box office window I felt like I had already been a nin show in the pit so i talked myself out of that. Otherwise I thought the Comerica Theater in Phoenix was very well organized. I would definitely like it this way again, especially if it takes place at a live nation or ticketmaster venue. I never used to have trouble getting the best seats in the past, but the past few years since their system changed it sucks and many times I don't get tix at all. Also, add that those websites hold tix back even if you're online at the sale time. Plus this way resellers had to stick it out in line with everyone else, so the resellers couldn't order tix for a bunch of shows from Kansas to places across the country just to sell. At least this way I knew that all seats would be available first come first serve. I feel bad for some of the fans that got screwed in NYC, LA, Chi because those are tougher markets and the Palladium messed up with that mobile line. Just my 2 cents.

I am most disappointed in a few of the fans within the first few hundred in line taking cash for people to cut or buying extra tickets than they need, so that they can sell them to make their money back. Oh well though.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I had a great time in line with my wife, and old friends, and made some new ones. My shoulders still hurt from carrying the chairs and blankets we brought with us. BUT, had some great conversations, met some new people, *and some scalpers) who literally could not have sat closer to me in line*thanks for that by the way if I ever see any of you again... lol But it waas largely a success, i appreciate the fact that they really did try and make it a full even, food, coffee, listening station, merch, ect...

2My one problem with the Chicago line ( ok 2) was this:

1.) they said no line before 8 am. Granted I was there way fucking before 8 am. But hey said they would not allow it, and turns out they were allowing ait and directing it and everything. So when people showed up at 8 am as instructed, they all had a look of semi dissapointment due to how many people were there. (I think when box office started, the livenation count was close to 5k people at 1 mile long. )

2.) WHEN THEY LET YOU IN, THEY SAID "YOU HAVE TO GO TO EACH STATION IN ORDER, YOU CAN NOT GOT BACK TO GET SOMETHING ONCE PASSED" So as we went for coffee at the first stand, 100 people passed us to get tickets. We were literally top 10 in line, thanks largely to friends of mine for camping the night before, so i coudl get there at 5 am, and as we went for coffee went stright to tickets and filled all the counter lines. then, they were like "you have to wait to go in" slightly upsetting while were standing there watching all the first tickets being sold. but in the end. we succeeded.

End semi rant.