Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    You called it. Thanks.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ...why do i get the feeling, the way these dates are lining up, that they might (after all the issues that happened last time) be doing Reading and Leeds festival?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Pre-Sale codes for Amsterdam are out via mail! Sucks that I have to pass on this. Guess Berlin has to be enough this time...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Looking forward to the remainder that haven't been announced so far...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...why do i get the feeling, the way these dates are lining up, that they might (after all the issues that happened last time) be doing Reading and Leeds festival?
    Doesn’t that mean going to Japan and then back to Europe again? I really don’t want to watch NIN with a bunch of annoying teenagers waiting for Arctic Monkeys or whichever overhyped band again

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Signs are pointing to mid-June or Mid-July.

I also see the gap between Berlin and Belfort, and Werchter and Lisbon where there could be another European date. And I'm still hoping they make an appearance in Scandinavia or Eastern Europe.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Doesn’t that mean going to Japan and then back to Europe again? I really don’t want to watch NIN with a bunch of annoying teenagers waiting for Arctic Monkeys or whichever overhyped band again
    It does, but i can't help feeling that with them doing a festival in pretty much every other place in Europe that doing one in the UK that covers both the north and south would be appealing...even if the last time was a complete cluster fuck for Trent...i dunno, i hope not, it just feels like the longer they're waiting to announce UK dates the more chance that's because they're part of the first wave of bands for R+L.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Come on BARCELONA!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Thinking this will be the London show: https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...tdown-festival

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    That would be great actually. I wouldn’t imagine it would stop them doing headlining shows either (fingers crossed)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    June 15 - 24 would fit conveniently just before Paris, I think that's definitely happening. Royal Festival Hall seems like a pretty tiny place for NIN though..

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    June 15 - 24 would fit conveniently just before Paris, I think that's definitely happening. Royal Festival Hall seems like a pretty tiny place for NIN though..
    This is what I've been banking on this whole time. I don't want to be booking plane rides/hotels etc yet until there is some sort of announcement for the UK.
    My plan is to take the final 2 weeks of June off and hit the UK first and then end in Paris for the second half of my trip. That's why seeing that Amsterdam date stings a bit because I want to make this trip worthwhile and hit up at LEAST 2 NIN shows while overseas, but Amsterdam is totally out of my way. I need to be back in Canada by the 28th. I'm really torn with what to do, especially with Amsterdam going on pre-sale tonight.

If there is nothing going to the UK before Paris (Which seems odd), then I will shift my trip a bit and attend Amsterdam, but if some UK dates do get yet announced, that makes much more sense for me. Urgh... I just hate playing the waiting game. Flights get more expensive by the day.

Guess I'll just gamble and wait and see what happens...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I don't know why but I have feeling Australia dates might happen either before or after the Japanese dates.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    This would be ideal for me!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It would be amazing if Nine Inch Nails did play Meltdown, but it does seem rather unlikely to me. RFH is a fantastic venue, but yes, a bit on the small side. Expect to see more 'niche' artists for that sort of thing, but I guess you never know.

Jealous of you guys planning trips around Europe. I live in the UK and a trip to London is costly enough. I'd probably rather see NIN in Amsterdam, Paris or Berlin than I would anywhere around here. Guessing continental ticket prices might be more reasonable though - is that right?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Jealous of you guys planning trips around Europe. I live in the UK and a trip to London is costly enough.
    I live in London and it costs me a fortune

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I live in London and I do this all the time. In 2007 I did 15 shows for £400.

Continental ticket prices are usually cheaper than the UK - certainly cheaper than an o2 ticket. They seem to be selling tickets for quite a lot this time around though (60-80 euros)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    It would be amazing if Nine Inch Nails did play Meltdown, but it does seem rather unlikely to me. RFH is a fantastic venue, but yes, a bit on the small side. Expect to see more 'niche' artists for that sort of thing, but I guess you never know.
    I'm glad someone else was the one to write this first, lol. I didn't want to look like a negative Nelly and say this myself, but to be honest, after looking at the previous years' lineups to this festival, I just couldn't help but think I highly doubt NIN will be there. As you said, stranger things have happened, so you never know. But to me, it looks like it's usually lesser known/niche artists that play. Also, they look like they are mainly acts from the UK. The biggest acts I saw were Radiohead and Iggy Pop. I don't think I saw too many American artists there. But, none the less... I'm sure the "goth king" Mr. Robert Smith, can lay down a badass lineup either way. I'm curious to see what he comes up with, Nails or no Nails.

But I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 02-07-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm sure the "goth king" Mr. Robert Smith, can lay down a badass lineup either way.
    Indeed! I'm kind of expecting people like Mogwai, and *fingers crossed* a return of Cranes. It would actually be an amazing venue to see The Cure in, if we assume they will play. Anyway - this should go to another thread I guess.

I do wonder if there's a reason why there's no UK date confirmed. I'd be super pleased if they did Brixton. They've done the 02 a couple of times now, so a change is due. I don't really follow the festivals so I don't know what's still due to be announced. Does Reading / Leeds seem likely? If they could be added to the Isle Of Wight line-up on the same day as Depeche Mode that could work out nicely. Surely Trent wouldn't be upset about being second on the bill to them?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    There is no doubt Trent and friends are going to hit up the UK, it's just a matter of when. They'd be crazy to book a European tour and not have at least a date in London.
    They must be waiting on some sort of announcement. Probably some festival that hasn't been released yet. They can't start announcing solo shows if they have a contract with a festival gig. Just is it going to be before Paris or in mid July is the question.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Giving how Reading and Leeds went for Trent last time i'd have said he wouldn't ever do them again, but they are the only big festival left in the UK to reveal their line up and Trent is dragging his heels with the UK dates for some reason...so i'm not so sure anymore.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Having a chuckle at the NIN Facebook page comments. There are lots of very long posts about how NIN are screwing over their fans by selling everything on presale to "the fanclub or whatever" and not leaving any for the "real fans". Real Fan should maybe spend 5 seconds signing up to mailing list?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Having a chuckle at the NIN Facebook page comments. There are lots of very long posts about how NIN are screwing over their fans by selling everything on presale to "the fanclub or whatever" and not leaving any for the "real fans". Real Fan should maybe spend 5 seconds signing up to mailing list?
    It's not like you have to buy anything either

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    reason #1000 to get off Facebook. Filled with neanderthals.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    “Real people” stay off of FB. I guess they can be good for a laugh here and there, and some good causes come out of it from time to time.

i hate social media, it’s stupid. And it helped kill off forums.

End rant, sorry to go OT.

EDIT: don’t take my “real people” comment seriously- it’s meant for asses that replied like that on FB, and not FB users in general.
    Last edited by Krazy; 02-08-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    “Real people” stay off of FB. I guess they can be good for a laugh here and there, and some good causes come out of it from time to time.

You've got nothing to apologize for. I don't have a Facebook nor a Twitter account. I just don't have a need for it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    reason #1000 to get off Facebook. Filled with neanderthals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

EDIT: don’t take my “real people” comment seriously- it’s meant for asses that replied like that on FB, and not FB users in general.
    i deactivated my account a few weeks ago and my stress levels have gone down significantly.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If you find it stressful rather than entertaining then not having one is definitely a positive choice ����

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I legitimately signed up for nearly every social media in the past 16 years or so simply to follow what NIN post. I signed up for MySpace to follow NIN, Facebook to follow NIN, YouTube to follow NIN, Instagram to follow NIN, Twitter to follow NIN, downloaded that now dead NIN app. You just have to follow the golden rule of the internet: DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS. Or fan accounts.