Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    That's about the last place I'd ever expect NIN to play. Interesting.
    They've been booking more traditional rock acts for a while now. I saw Brand New there last year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Dude on Reddit says the BOS venue is The Wang
    Boo. I would have preferred Agganis. I'm sure they won't be playing Providence again (not since 2000).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Or May 10? reddit link

Tix go on sale 5/19*. And apparently...according to the person that told me...

The tix WILL NOT be available online. You will have to go to the venue and stand in line for a ticket. Not sure of the validity of this.

*only what I have been told

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Tix go on sale 5/19*. And apparently...according to the person that told me...

The tix WILL NOT be available online. You will have to go to the venue and stand in line for a ticket. Not sure of the validity of this.

*only what I have been told
    Dear god...I'm heading over to the Aragon now.

Edit: This better not be true. Box office only sales are a feeding frenzy for scalpers. They're better off requiring the names of all attendees at the time of purchase like I have seen many bands do recently.
    Last edited by lowlight10; 05-01-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Let the anxiety begin. If true, I’m willing to make a generous offer to whoever can pick me up a ticket if I can’t make it to the box office.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I don’t believe this at all. Someone please show me the last time a band booked a tour with no online ticket sales.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I don’t believe this at all. Someone please show me the last time a band booked a tour with no online ticket sales.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    “Let’s exclude anyone who can’t take time off from work or who doesn’t have that day off and the ability to get to a specific venue super early from being able to see us for an entire tour unless if they want to go to a festival” just makes zero sense and I’ll be stunned if this happens

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    There was a Foo Fighters tour a couple of years where you had to visit the venue to purchase tickets. I remember because I did it and that stadium is a fucking nightmare to get to.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    There was a Foo Fighters tour a couple of years where you had to visit the venue to purchase tickets. I remember because I did it and that stadium is a fucking nightmare to get to.
    This is now my biggest fear, ever, in life

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Soooo... how do people that not live in the cities that these shows are going to be taking place buy tickets? What if you are traveling out of city/state/country to see a show... this better not be true.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    hope it's not true. that would be so fucked up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The only show like that I've ever gone to was Tool in 2001 at a pre-tour small venue Lateralus release party type show. Tickets were only available in-person at TM vendors and on the phone (both of which were futile). Ended up having to use eBay and meet some guy in a Target parking lot to exchange cash for substantially marked up tickets. Super not looking forward to going through all that again..

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I really don't understand why they would do this, it would punish any of us who don't live in a major city or a major city that they'll be playing in. I feel like out of all the information supposedly leaked so far that's the hardest to buy into.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, as someone who can only carpool/bus/fly out to NIN shows, "order at the venue" does not work for me. I think the closest venue I've seen NIN would be Erie, over 100 miles away.
    Please don't let that part be true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Let's hope it's miscommunication. It's possible the person meant that tickets will be "will call only."

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So, this is a theatre tour? Very interesting. And as far as I can tell, the Wang and Orpheum do not have removable Orchestra seats. So, all reserved seating?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i mean, isn't that how it used to be? before ticketmaster, if you wanted to get into a show, you had to go to the venue to buy tickets. how did people manage that when they were following the grateful dead around? because they did it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i mean, isn't that how it used to be? before ticketmaster, if you wanted to get into a show, you had to go to the venue to buy tickets. how did people manage that when they were following the grateful dead around? because they did it.
    I used to have to go camp at Macy's for tickets. They had a Ticketwhore box office. You could risk calling on the telephone and it crashing constantly. I can remember getting together with neighbors and using our cordless phones like it was yesterday. A battle kids today will never have to fight.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I used to have to go camp at Macy's for tickets. They had a Ticketwhore box office. You could risk calling on the telephone and it crashing constantly. I can remember getting together with neighbors and using our cordless phones like it was yesterday. A battle kids today will never have to fight.
    yeah, i used to have to go to Carson's to utilize their ticketmaster box office. but i'm talking before that. before there was any kind of centralized ticketing system. you had to be local, and you had to go to a venue to buy tickets from their box office.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    yeah, i used to have to go to Carson's to utilize their ticketmaster box office. but i'm talking before that. before there was any kind of centralized ticketing system. you had to be local, and you had to go to a venue to buy tickets from their box office.
    And it probably sucked so the minute alternatives were created they became adopted as the main way to do things because that old system is wildly limiting, stupid and terrible and no good, very bad in every way.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    ok this is getting drifty, but: i will never forget my brother and I waiting in the parking lot of some store -Target maybe? Anyway, this was in 98 and we waited all night in my dad's old pickup to get good seats for Page and Plant. Goofily, we were both on a few hits of acid.
    And the funny part was that we were listening to the Heart's Filthy Lesson cassette single over and over, in silence. At some point we just kept rewinding " Nothing to be Desired. " We listened to just that track, without speaking, for about 3 hours. All it says is "There's NOTHING to be desired" repeatedly and then " MIND changing. Change your MIND changing. Change your MIND changing " repeatedly. It was nuts.

Back in topic: I hate to say it, but having to get your tickets at the venue wouldn't surprise me one bit. It's not so different from Trent's vinyl statement and desire to return to a purer time. Maybe he WANTS local folk to be the ones at the shows.
    Personally I hope that either none of this is true, or if it is true, it's a warm up type thing that will be followed up with larger venues.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-02-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    It's "how it used to be" and isn't "how it is" for a reason.
    I mean, it used to be if you wanted to talk to someone in another country, you had to write them a letter. Then, technology happened, and the internet connected everyone, and I can video chat with my best friend from college who moved to the UK. Sure, she could make me write letters, but why?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

A post shared by on

That's from Atari. Not original.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    All I know is, he better not release the NA dates 1 at a time like he's been doing with the European shows...
    Just give the whole list at once!
    Yeah, this dripping of show dates is beyond annoying. Impossible to make plans this way.
    Last edited by streetman; 05-02-2018 at 02:14 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry, y'all. i was not, in any way, implying it was a better system to have to go to a venue to buy a ticket. i was just trying to discuss whether or not that's how it was in the old days. i didn't start going to concerts until after ticketmaster had existed for a bit and i was curious about how it worked before that.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    That's from Atari. Not original.
    Never said it was? I said that he posted an image with NIN lyrics as the caption.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Yeah, this dripping of show dates is beyond annoying. Impossible to make plans this way.

Ah you're getting the same treatment as the EU it seems!

I imagine the catchment area of people who can attend a venue to buy tickets vs the catchment area of people who would need to buy a ticket offline but can drive somewhere for a weekend to see their favourite band is very different. Especially in the US where there are sometimes vast expanses of fuck all between settlements.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Just curious, how cheap/expensive are domestic flights in US?
    Let's say you're in Detroit and want to catch a show 1,000 miles away (New Orleans, Dallas etc). This is roughly the trip I'm undertaking to catch the Amsterdam show. How much would it cost?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Just curious, how cheap/expensive are domestic flights in US?
    Let's say you're in Detroit and want to catch a show 1,000 miles away (New Orleans, Dallas etc). This is roughly the trip I'm undertaking to catch the Amsterdam show. How much would it cost?
    I’m looking at 300-500 for my Orlando to Vegas flight. It can get high especially depending on time of year.