Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^

The only thing anyone really needs at NIN show in Germany:

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I'm gonna be in London for the week of February 18. Hopefully, they book something in the area during that week.
    I think you might be our of luck, looks like they'll all be summer onward (to match any festivals)
    Still hope you enjoy your time here, it's raining right now...it's always raining.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Hahaha! I had just woken up when I posted. I read the date as February 7.

Fuck!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Time to brush up on my Deutsch.
    Not trying to be a kill-joy, but if you want to travel to a different country to see NIN you should definitely wait for other dates.

In 2014 the Zitadelle crowd was incredibly casual, people were talking throughout the whole show (some even turned their back to the stage) and the setting was mediocre at best. It starts pretty early and since it's open-air the whole show takes place in broad daylight and people don't really loosen up. It's kind of like a festival, but worse. I don't get why so many great artists go there (QOTSA played there, APC will play there too).

Again, I'm trying really hard not to complain too much, but IMO the Zitadelle sucks. A buddy of mine saw Massive Attack there and said the same thing. Just wanted to give you a heads-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where the artist presale is taking place? is there a special login on Nin.com?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Does anyone know where the artist presale is taking place? is there a special login on Nin.com?
    I believe that's not happening. They're just linking to ticketmaster.de.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Not trying to be a kill-joy, but if you want to travel to a different country to see NIN you should definitely wait for other dates.

In 2014 the Zitadelle crowd was incredibly casual, people were talking throughout the whole show (some even turned their back to the stage) and the setting was mediocre at best. It starts pretty early and since it's open-air the whole show takes place in broad daylight and people don't really loosen up. It's kind of like a festival, but worse. I don't get why so many great artists go there (QOTSA played there, APC will play there too).

Again, I'm trying really hard not to complain too much, but IMO the Zitadelle sucks. A buddy of mine saw Massive Attack there and said the same thing. Just wanted to give you a heads-up.
    Ah, it's gonna be a bit of a vacation. Trying to get a hold of one of my best friends to convince him to come along - he's a NIN fan, but not on OUR level - so it would be an extended weekend in my fave city with a bunch of my fave people. Too good to turn down.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^

The only thing anyone really needs at NIN show in Germany:

Its Cocklike ARG???

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I’m thinking Europe over the summer, North America in the fall. I’d love to be wrong and get some spring dates though — I’m dying for another show after how good Riot and Panorama were.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Riotfest was sick, hopefully i can meet some of you folks next show.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Do you think the days of nin.com presale are over?
    There'll only be NIN.com presales when they do special announcements/surprise gigs. My thought...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I think you might be our of luck, looks like they'll all be summer onward (to match any festivals)
    Still hope you enjoy your time here, it's raining right now...it's always raining.
    I know the feeling... It's always raining here too. But, hey... better than snow!

Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    I'm not a seasoned European traveler by any means (and by that, I mean I've never been there, lol), but if one was to consider going, what country's would you recommend killing 2 birds with one stone by checking out/seeing a NIN show at the same time.

I'm contemplating going over for something if the timing/price is right. That's kinda why I want them to just unload all the dates at once to see if this is feasible. Maybe I can make it worth it and hit up a few shows/country's together.

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I’m thinking Europe over the summer, North America in the fall. I’d love to be wrong and get some spring dates though — I’m dying for another show after how good Riot and Panorama were.
    I hear ya man, seeing NIN live is a terrible addiction. 1 show turns into 17 shows, and they're never enough.
    I hope they tour NA in 2018. I hope the festivals we got this year aren't all we're getting in terms of shows.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    This rules. My wife and another couple just bought our tix for these guys July 5th in Berlin at Waldbuhne:

So now we'll just make sure to start the trip a few days earlier and catch the NIN show too! Can't wait to be up at 4am for the tix this Saturday though uuugggghhhh

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    and as far as the crowd sucking at this venue, I would say that means we should all try and get as close as possible to the stage. The closer you are, the less likely you get the types of people referred to. Plus, then it's also loud enough that it won't matter for alot of the songs played.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Maybe it's not perfect for concerts. But it sure is a cool location: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanda...el?wprov=sfla1

It looks like I will be able to go there with my wife. 😎

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I just received an e-mail for a NIN.com pre-sale for the upcoming Berlin show. Check your inboxes if you're interested as it starts 10a local time on the 14th.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    No email. Can someone PM me a code? Thanks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The pre-sale code hint: It the rehearsal video's title, no spaces.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    So, what does one need to do to start receiving the presale codes and surprise show announcements like some of ya'll? Register at the nin store?
    Last edited by fillow; 12-14-2017 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    So, what does one need to do to start receiving the presale codes and surprise show announcements like some of ya'll? Register at the nin store?
    I got two emails so I think so yeah.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Oh, nice. Where can I buy those pre-sale tix? Is there a special link?

Edit: Nevermind. Using the code you can buy them through ticketmaster.
    Last edited by niggo; 12-14-2017 at 03:16 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    and as far as the crowd sucking at this venue, I would say that means we should all try and get as close as possible to the stage. The closer you are, the less likely you get the types of people referred to. Plus, then it's also loud enough that it won't matter for alot of the songs played.
    Yeah, you're right actually. Let's do that!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm not a seasoned European traveler by any means (and by that, I mean I've never been there, lol), but if one was to consider going, what country's would you recommend killing 2 birds with one stone by checking out/seeing a NIN show at the same time.
    Well, since NIN only targets capital cities I'd say every place they're playing is interesting in some way. Berlin is a great city, too! I'd go for a place where the next city they're playing in isn't too far away so you're able to catch them two or three times. But it's really hard to tell without all of the dates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zitadelle 2014 was fun. It's a cool outside venue with decent sound. I managed to get to the front row so missed out on any of the casual fans and talking others have mentioned

Just snagged two tickets for the July show. It's a pisstake that Ticketmaster charged me €34 for delivery to the UK though. Wankers.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah I got an email re Berlin pre-sale too.

If you're going to take a trip to Europe and wanting to catch NIN at the same time I'd definitely suggest Berlin. I don't know anything about crowds for large shows there, but it's a great city to spend time in over the summer. Of course it remains to be seen how many cities will see a proper headline show. I'm hoping for London... just because UK festivals largely suck, in my opinion. Maybe Paris - but then I see there's a Lollapalooza there in July which I guess might suit NIN.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    got two tix for the Berlin show just now. Might end up needing 6, but my friends can't commit atm. Sucks. Venue apparently only holds 3500? Psyched about that. For those of you interested in going, two tix ran 115 euros, plus 2.62 for using a credit card, and then your delivery charges will vary depending where the tix go (up to 35 euros if you delivery outside mainland Europe!!).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Same, got two tix!

By the way, the German ticketmaster newsletter says that it's "an exclusive German show in the Berlin Zitadelle". So, maybe they won't even play a festival in Germany and that's why they play a solo show in a "kind of festival environment".

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They played the same venue in 2014 in the middle of an EU arena tour. Which was a bit arse backwards.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Bought ticket.
    Fuck them: Always the same story. Ticketmaster.de does not know the option E-ticket.
    €17.50 shipping

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    got two tix for the Berlin show just now. Might end up needing 6, but my friends can't commit atm. Sucks. Venue apparently only holds 3500? Psyched about that. For those of you interested in going, two tix ran 115 euros, plus 2.62 for using a credit card, and then your delivery charges will vary depending where the tix go (up to 35 euros if you delivery outside mainland Europe!!).
    €115?
    Where do you live?
    And where did you find the capacity of the venue? I saw some pics and indeed it didn’t look big. I think it’s possitive. Watching them only at festivals will be more crowded.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very tempted to buy tickets to the Berlin show but I've got a GN'R show 2 days later and Rock Werchter the weekend after. My hopes are good they'll be announced soon for Rock Werchter.