Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

  1. #1591
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,965
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    Well, Louder than Life is 90 minutes away and I have money and personal time, so I'm going. That will be 3 NIN shows for me. It's a testament to how far I've come as well as just a lot to look forward to in a few months. I have squeezed in 2 shows in one year only a couple times in my life. Plus, I'm going to do 2 different cities right in a row. Hope I don't fall down the day after.
    Sounds like a blast! This will be the first tour since the final Wave Goodbye tour that I've been able to see multiple shows - I have tickets to the two at Red Rocks, and I'm gonna try to get one to each night of Chicago if I can. I'm gonna be seeing FIVE freaking shows on this tour, and in the month in between Red Rocks and the Chicago shows, I'm hoping to see Gorillaz (either in Chicago, LA for Demon Dayz, or Montreal). Fall is gonna be absolutely packed with shows this year, and I'm finally at a point in my life where I can (barely) afford to do most of it. Worth every penny!

    I'm so stoked for this tour. It seems like gonna be a special one. All the emphasis on giving people a real and personal and human experience has me curious about a lot - Listening stations? Exclusive merch? Production? Cell phone/camera policies? Band members?? (I actually hope the band lineup stays a surprise until the Las Vegas shows. I'd love watching this forum blow up in real time. Just like old times! )
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-10-2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Typo - LA and Las Vegas are definitely not the same place.

  2. #1592
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    284
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Sounds like a blast! This will be the first tour since the final Wave Goodbye tour that I've been able to see multiple shows - I have tickets to the two at Red Rocks, and I'm gonna try to get one to each night of Chicago if I can. I'm gonna be seeing FIVE freaking shows on this tour, and in the month in between Red Rocks and the Chicago shows, I'm hoping to see Gorillaz (either in Chicago, LA for Demon Dayz, or Montreal). Fall is gonna be absolutely packed with shows this year, and I'm finally at a point in my life where I can (barely) afford to do most of it. Worth every penny!

    I'm so stoked for this tour. It seems like gonna be a special one. All the emphasis on giving people a real and personal and human experience has me curious about a lot - Listening stations? Exclusive merch? Production? Cell phone/camera policies? Band members?? (I actually hope the band lineup stays a surprise until the LA shows. I'd love watching this forum blow up in real time. Just like old times! )
    I kept myself away from setlists and even stayed off this board in 2009 to be totally surprised by everything. It worked. And it was my dream setlist, down to order, at the time. I don't know if I'll be able to stay away - especially since I really wish I were going to Meltdown, and it will be just about impossible to keep away from the curiosity.

    VNV says they're coming back too. I don't know when yet. I'm going to hit multiple times, if they are viable. I also saw another favorite (Marillion) at the start of the year. This will be a good year of shows for me, too.

  3. #1593
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,174
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I actually hope the band lineup stays a surprise until the LA shows.
    That would be quite a trick.

    Like, for all the other shows, everyone has to wear a blindfold the whole time.

  4. #1594
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,965
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    That would be quite a trick.

    Like, for all the other shows, everyone has to wear a blindfold the whole time.
    Whoops! Definitely meant Las Vegas, not LA. That's what happens when I get sidetracked while I'm typing, heh.

  5. #1595
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,198
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    I’d be very surprised if the lineup isn’t identical to last year. Trent even said at the Reckless Q&A that that lineup is the band as long as they’ll put up with him.

  6. #1596
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    2,143
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Yeah, unless told otherwise, NIN live is the same people now.

  7. #1597
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I've got a week and a half till the Meltdown / Royal Albert Hall weekend, do i look at spoilers or not ? At least I've got the Rolling Stones on Friday to keep me occupied

  8. #1598
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    More dates announced for SF, LA, NO, and Brooklyn.

  9. #1599
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,174
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

  10. #1600
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    322
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got excited when I got the notification this morning in hopes for a FL stop and then disappointment set in.

  11. #1601
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Another opener added to the mix. The Soft Moon opening the final 2 dates in Los Angeles.

  12. #1602
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,702
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm missing Boston by one day.

    Sees announcement of shows added. Gets excited. Sees dates first. Gets more excited. Sees cities...


    ....goddamnit, Trent.

  13. #1603
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Another opener added to the mix. The Soft Moon opening the final 2 dates in Los Angeles.
    Awesome band. Iím very tempted to hit one or both if those LA shows (particularly Saturday).

  14. #1604
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Physical World Presale again???

  15. #1605
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    Physical World Presale again???
    Doesn't look like it

  16. #1606
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    1,712
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Any presale at all?

  17. #1607
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,968
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Nice to see Los Angeles getting some much deserved dates. They never get nin tours.

  18. #1608
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Guys, this is fucking bonkers.

    I gave absolutely zero thought to the theory that this would be another farewell tour, and I still don't really think it's the case, but six shows in the same city? I mean, why?

    Also, how fun to be a ticket holder to the last show of the tour only to find out I'm not anymore.

  19. #1609
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Guys, this is fucking bonkers.

    I gave absolutely zero thought to the theory that this would be another farewell tour, and I still don't really think it's the case, but six shows in the same city? I mean, why?

    Also, how fun to be a ticket holder to the last show of the tour only to find out I'm not anymore.
    I'm honestly kind of worried it could be a final tour. It might just be the final tour of NIN as a rock band for all we know. He has always talked about stripping things down, but never really does. I'm considering buying a ticket to the last LA show and making the trip just in case.

  20. #1610
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Guys, this is fucking bonkers.

    I gave absolutely zero thought to the theory that this would be another farewell tour, and I still don't really think it's the case, but six shows in the same city? I mean, why?
    .
    I does give off a sort of farewell feel doesnít it? Oh well, to look at it positively - it seems like they will have to be changing up the set lists somewhat drastically from night to night.

  21. #1611
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    ^^^ On the other hand, Trent said they were inspired to do this tour by LCD Soundsystem, and they did the same kind of thing last year. I just looked it up, and LCD did TEN shows in Brooklyn and five in LA last year, so maybe nothing to worry about.

  22. #1612
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Guys, this is fucking bonkers.

    I gave absolutely zero thought to the theory that this would be another farewell tour, and I still don't really think it's the case, but six shows in the same city? I mean, why?
    Money? Seems way easier to stay in one place than to travel each night. I would do it.

  23. #1613
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmmmm... Kings Theatre is pretty cool, I was just there last month to see Joe Rogan. Beautiful place.

  24. #1614
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I expect to buy tickets for the last la show, then Trent announce some South America/Australia shows in january. That's probably what is going to happen. Fuck it. Still going to try to talk the wife into going to LA

  25. #1615
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's probably a hallmark of addiction that my reaction to more shows is simultaneously "YES!" and "UGH, how do I rearrange my life to make this work??"

  26. #1616
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    It's probably a hallmark of addiction that my reaction to more shows is simultaneously "YES!" and "UGH, how do I rearrange my life to make this work??"
    Oh yeah. It's tough because my wife does not like NIN. I mentioned the shows earlier, and she said I was already seeing them enough. So perhaps I can convince her to take this trip and we can go do other things and make it a fun trip for both of us.

  27. #1617
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Every once in a while comes a time when I have to ban myself from ETS as to avoid setlist spoilers. Thank God there's a World Cup starting tomorrow, which I'm gonna fully commit myself to for a time being.
    Last edited by fillow; 06-13-2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling

  28. #1618
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    383
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Every once in a while comes I time when I have to ban myself from ETS as to avoid setlist spoilers. Thank God there's a World Cup starting tomorrow, which I'm gonna fully commit myself to for a time being.
    yup, it's that time again.
    I'm using this chrome extension to block specific pages (for instance, the NIN subreddit or specific sections here on ETS without blocking the whole site)

  29. #1619
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    yup, it's that time again.
    I'm using this chrome extension to block specific pages (for instance, the NIN subreddit or specific sections here on ETS without blocking the whole site)
    Ooooh thanks for that! I'm definitely gonna use this. I also like being surprised by the setlist. The only thing I'll look up is how many songs the bands are playing to get an idea, but otherwise, I want that feeling of recognizing a riff and shouting "OH SHIT!" when a song comes on.

  30. #1620
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Every once in a while comes I time when I have to ban myself from ETS as to avoid setlist spoilers. Thank God there's a World Cup starting tomorrow, which I'm gonna fully commit myself to for a time being.
    I have no idea how I'm going to suppress the urge to check until October. Already resigning myself to failure...hahaha

Posting Permissions