Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    sorry if i missed this, but has anyone said how many presale tickets will be available at each presale event?
    Until the tickets run out or the sale "cut-off time" ends, whatever comes first. So basically, all tickets are up for grabs during the hours the "pre-sale" runs (for example 10am-3pm) and if there are any left over at the end, those ones will go up online at a later date.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-15-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    sorry if i missed this, but has anyone said how many presale tickets will be available at each presale event?

The wording from nin.com makes it sound like all tickets will be available at the box office, and any leftovers will be sold online. But then at the bottom there is "LIMITED QUANTITIES" that will be made available "AT A LATER DATE (TO BE ANNOUNCED)".

So, we don't really know if it's possible for any venues to sell out at the box office sales, though someone mentioned having contacted one of the venues and they were told that there was an allotment of tickets being held back, so... literally nobody knows anything until the 19th.

Something something Anxiety...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    How pissed off would you be though to have made the effort to queue up at the box office, not get a ticket and then have some go on sale online?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    How pissed off would you be though to have made the effort to queue up at the box office, not get a ticket and then have some go on sale online?
    How pissed off would you be if you drove 5 hours each way to stand in line to get a ticket just to have a better seat's ticket go for sale online?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Until the tickets run out or the sale "cut-off time" ends, whatever comes first. So basically, all tickets are up for grabs during the hours the "pre-sale" runs (for example 10am-3pm) and if there are any left over at the end, those ones will go up online at a later date.
    The cut off time is for anyone in line. If youre in line before 3pm, they can sell to you. If you come after 3pm, youre outta luck. Sales will continue til they sold everything they have or run out of people.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I can’t lie...I’m not too excited about standing in line this Saturday at 8am in Irving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    I can’t lie...I’m not too excited about standing in line this Saturday at 8am in Irving.
    I'm not excited about standing in line period. Lines suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone know if there are any pop up shop record stores going to be there for the nyc one?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryan695 View Post
    Anyone know if there are any pop up shop record stores going to be there for the nyc one?
    Seems like something Rough Trade might do but nothing mentioned so far.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I wonder if this "box office only" pre-sale was the compromise Trent had to make for the promoters agree to not hold any seats back initially. As in, Trent wanted a way to guarantee getting the absolute best seats into the hands of the most diehard fans, and this was the only way the promoters (Live Nation, AEG, MSG Co, etc) would agree that all seats would be available to the unwashed masses right away. That would explain why the tickets aren't non-transferable...I imagine that wasn't allowed by the promoters as part of the overall compromise. Potentially, the 4 ticket limit (as opposed to two) was set by them as well.

And I imagine they only agreed to it b/c it was presented as an experiment that all parties involved should let play out to see if there's any value to going back to it in the future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So obviously nobody knows for sure, but any veteran NIN-seers have insight into what we might expect for this presale event? I've got a friend driving two hours to Phoenix to get tickets and I'm real nervous she'll get to the front of the line and the pit tickets will all be gone--especially with all the guys who'll likely be buying four tickets to help fans from online, not to mention scalpers.

But she's also doing me a pretty substantial favor so I don't wanna be all "get there three hours early" either. I really wish they could've picked a GA venue.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    What the hell is this?

500 for a ticket?
    https://www.boston-theater.com/theat...h=10&year=2018

How is that even legal?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ive seen similar sites doing this over the last few days for the chicago date. makes me furious!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I wonder if this "box office only" pre-sale was the compromise Trent had to make for the promoters agree to not hold any seats back initially. As in, Trent wanted a way to guarantee getting the absolute best seats into the hands of the most diehard fans, and this was the only way the promoters (Live Nation, AEG, MSG Co, etc) would agree that all seats would be available to the unwashed masses right away. That would explain why the tickets aren't non-transferable...I imagine that wasn't allowed by the promoters as part of the overall compromise. Potentially, the 4 ticket limit (as opposed to two) was set by them as well.

And I imagine they only agreed to it b/c it was presented as an experiment that all parties involved should let play out to see if there's any value to going back to it in the future.

Where are you seeing the tickets are non-transferrable. I really hope they are, but I don't think that's the case...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    What the hell is this?

500 for a ticket?
    https://www.boston-theater.com/theat...h=10&year=2018

How is that even legal?
    Better question is how are they selling tickets that haven't been released?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    They'll deliver it to you after Friday, after they've bought them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They went to the future and bought them already. These damn scalpers and their time jumping technology!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I wrote "aren't non-transferable". Sorry for the confusing double negative.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by isolatedshaedow View Post
    I'll be in for Phoenix line too...good times!
    Hey, I'll be in line for PHX too. If you want, send a PM. Always willing to meet up/make friends/ look out for each other.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Oh boy! http://www.nin.com/live now includes opening acts.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    looks like there are opening acts in addition to JAMC that vary by date/location.

09/13 Phoenix, AZ Comerica Theatre TOBACCO
    09/14 Phoenix, AZ Comerica Theatre TOBACCO
    09/18 Morrison, CO Red Rocks TOBACCO
    09/19 Morrison, CO Red Rocks TOBACCO
    09/24 Memphis, TN Orpheum Theater TOBACCO
    09/26 Atlanta, GA Fox Theatre TOBACCO
    09/27 Atlanta, GA Fox Theatre TOBACCO
    09/29 Nashville, TN Ascend Amphitheater TOBACCO
    10/09 Washington, DC The Anthem Kite Base
    10/13 New York, NY Radio City Music Hall Kite Base
    10/14 New York, NY Radio City Music Hall Daniel Avery
    10/19 Boston, MA Boch Center Daniel Avery
    10/20 Boston, MA Boch Center Daniel Avery
    10/22 Detroit, MI Fox Theater Gabe Gurnsey (Factory Floor)
    10/23 Detroit, MI Fox Theater Gabe Gurnsey (Factory Floor)
    10/25 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom Gabe Gurnsey (Factory Floor)
    10/26 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom Death in Vegas
    11/23 New Orleans, LA Saenger Theatre Kite Base
    11/24 New Orleans, LA Saenger Theatre Kite Base
    11/27 Irving, TX The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory Daniel Avery
    11/28 Irving, TX The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory Daniel Avery
    12/03 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic Auditorium HMLTD
    12/07 Los Angeles, CA Palladium Death in Vegas
    12/08 Los Angeles, CA Palladium Death in Vegas
    12/11 Los Angeles, CA Palladium HMLTD
    12/12 Los Angeles, CA Palladium HMLTD
    really mad i don't get to see Kite Base, who did of "something i can never have"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "We're gonna do some things we think will make that experience pretty good that we haven't spelled out yet so that you might be pleasantly surprised." - Trent talking about the pre-sale on the Zane Lowe interview

https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/sa....9-8a5db8dbb4ce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate scalpers and never buy from them, but this presale method makes me think I will actually buy from scalpers this time.

Figure it takes me 4 hours to drive to and from boston. 2 hours to wait to line up. Then probably 4 hours in line to buy tix. Thats 10 hours of my time. If I value free time at $25/ hour, I will pay a scalper $250 above face value for a ticket. Add in gas and parking, and maybe its closer to $300 I would be willing to pay.

What was wrong with the 2013 presale for the tension tour? Show your ID at the show to pick up your tix, and then you have to immediately enter the venue. Seemed to work fine for the 3 shows I attended that tour.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Really excited to finally see Tobacco live as opposed to it being a BMSR show.

Big fan of his solo stuff and his Black Moth Super Rainbow material, though I found their new album to be their weakest yet, but I know from experience that BMSR puts on an amazing show. Tobacco's 2010 record Maniac Meat is fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snneligon View Post
    I hate scalpers and never buy from them, but this presale method makes me think I will actually buy from scalpers this time.

Figure it takes me 4 hours to drive to and from boston. 2 hours to wait to line up. Then probably 4 hours in line to buy tix. Thats 10 hours of my time. If I value free time at $25/ hour, I will pay a scalper $250 above face value for a ticket. Add in gas and parking, and maybe its closer to $300 I would be willing to pay.

What was wrong with the 2013 presale for the tension tour? Show your ID at the show to pick up your tix, and then you have to immediately enter the venue. Seemed to work fine for the 3 shows I attended that tour.
    I'm in the same boat. I have a little over four hours to drive to Nashville. If we didn't get a hotel, we'd have to leave here around 3-4 AM. So we're getting a hotel, which is an added cost. We didn't HAVE to get a hotel but I'd rather get there the night before in case something were to happen on the drive there to make us late. So God only knows what the total cost of the tickets will end up being. Plus, we have to make that drive and get a hotel AGAIN in September.

Like you, my time is valuable. It would be a lot cheaper and convenient to buy online. No one is making us do all this but like everyone else, we want good seats for our money. It seems to me like all the people who don't have a problem with this setup are close (2 hours and under) to a venue. You're lucky that your total travel time round trip is the same as one way for me. Plus I have to cross a time zone.

From what I've heard from my fiance the presale for the Tension tour was stressful. But stressful online and stressful in person are two totally different animals.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ticket arbitrage. they assume they'll be able to sell you the ticket for more than they will be able to purchase one for.

works best for venues with GA admission.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I have a little over four hours to drive to Nashville. If we didn't get a hotel, we'd have to leave here around 3-4 AM. So we're getting a hotel, which is an added cost. We didn't HAVE to get a hotel but I'd rather get there the night before in case something were to happen on the drive there to make us late. So God only knows what the total cost of the tickets will end up being. Plus, we have to make that drive and get a hotel AGAIN in September.

Like you, my time is valuable. It would be a lot cheaper and convenient to buy online. No one is making us do all this but like everyone else, we want good seats for our money. It seems to me like all the people who don't have a problem with this setup are close (2 hours and under) to a venue. You're lucky that your total travel time round trip is the same as one way for me. Plus I have to cross a time zone.

From what I've heard from my fiance the presale for the Tension tour was stressful. But stressful online and stressful in person are two totally different animals.
    I am pretty much in the same boat as you. Thankfully I have a good guy on ETS here helping me out with getting me some tickets for the Nashville show. Originally, I wanted to do Memphis because it's an indoor venue as Nashville is an outdoor amphitheater ... and the possibility of terrible weather always makes me anxious. However, my new job of one year now has less than stellar PTO benefits to what I was originally used to so I have to be super careful with what I'm using it for ... and my girlfriend and I already invested a week's worth of PTO to go drive form St. Louis to New Jersey to go visit some of her family. With the Memphis show I'd have to take two more days off since it's on a Monday and there's no way I want to drive back home nearly four hours after that. Like you, I would've had to get a hotel tomorrow just to make sure I wait in line correctly to get the tickets ... to then do it all over again a few months from now. Another obnoxious thing is that Memphis is confused on the lineup time ... they list it as 6 a.m. while NIN.com and most other cities have it listed as 8 a.m. Just sounds like a total clusterfuck possibly in Memphis.

Thankfully there's at least lawn seats for the Nashville show and I can just bite the bullet this time and if NIN decides to play St. Louis, just do the whole wait in line thing within my own city. Again, thank you for being an awesome dude @Kid A!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    "We're gonna do some things we think will make that experience pretty good that we haven't spelled out yet so that you might be pleasantly surprised." - Trent talking about the pre-sale on the Zane Lowe interview

https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/sa....9-8a5db8dbb4ce
    I really wonder what he means by this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    fuck it I live 30 minutes from the Fox but I'm getting there at 4 am. Anyone know if the vinyl's will be sold at the concert?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wish I snagged all three Vegas dates. These general admission prices are obscene. $130 + convenience fees just to be in the pit? If I'm going to be seated, I'd rather just watch the gig on YouTube. This is more expensive than Lights in the Sky, Wave Goodbye, Tension 2013/2014 and even the one off shows last year.

Well this is my breaking point. First time I'm skipping a NIN gig near me since 2005.
    Last edited by Alexander DeLarge; 05-17-2018 at 01:23 PM.