Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    It's been 12 years since NIN has done a club tour, I think 2018 might be the year?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    It's been 12 years since NIN has done a club tour, I think 2018 might be the year?
    While the notion of seeing NIN in such a small and intimate venue excites me, the inevitable difficulty of procuring tickets for such a show worries me, to say the least. I hope they announce the tour as early as possible so I can make travel plans. I typically see the Minneapolis or St. Paul show (assuming there is one) and plan a trip around a second one, usually in Portland, OR or Chicago. If they were to go through with the "Still" type of stripped down performance tour, I could see that working well in a club-setting.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    While the notion of seeing NIN in such a small and intimate venue excites me, the inevitable difficulty of procuring tickets for such a show worries me, to say the least. I hope they announce the tour as early as possible so I can make travel plans. I typically see the Minneapolis or St. Paul show (assuming there is one) and plan a trip around a second one, usually in Portland, OR or Chicago. If they were to go through with the "Still" type of stripped down performance tour, I could see that working well in a club-setting.
    Can't wait to read of douchebags screaming HEAD LIKE A HOOOLE during quiet tour shows

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Can't wait to read of douchebags screaming HEAD LIKE A HOOOLE during quiet tour shows
    I know, man. Just when I think we might be past that shit, some asshole reminds me not to have TOO much faith in humanity while he drunkenly blurts out a song they're OBVIOUSLY going to play (or in some instances already played while said asshole was buying a beer or taking a piss or something). I'm pretty sure someone yelled "HEAD LIKE A HOOOOOLE" at Riot Fest, actually (at least it's expected at a festival, though).
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 09-27-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I predict that Stabbing Westward will be an opener for the tour
    It will probably be Manson.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionlessZombie View Post
    If this is the case i hope that stays in the US, never understood his appeal

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionlessZombie View Post
    Pure speculation on your part? Or do you have a reason for thinking that besides the fact that he's about to release his new album and both bands will be touring next year to support their new material? I was about to scoff at that idea, but after thinking about it for a minute, it started to make a little bit of sense. After all, TR and Manson have buried the hatchet again (at least for now) and Manson did mention in that recent interview that they'd spoken about doing something together. A tour seems much more plausible than a recorded collaboration. However, I am selfish and want a FULL NIN set, not another co-headlining tour (though I am glad I went to a show the NIN/Soundgarden tour). But that's the only way I'd see Manson these days; on a co-headlining tour. I won't pay to see him solo at this point in his (failing) career. I do wish the Manson/Smashing Pumpkins tour had come to MN, though – that would have been fun.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    please, don't spoil this topic with garbage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Pure speculation on your part? Or do you have a reason for thinking that besides the fact that he's about to release his new album and both bands will be touring next year to support their new material? I was about to scoff at that idea, but after thinking about it for a minute, it started to make a little bit of sense. After all, TR and Manson have buried the hatchet again (at least for now) and Manson did mention in that recent interview that they'd spoken about doing something together. A tour seems much more plausible than a recorded collaboration. However, I am selfish and want a FULL NIN set, not another co-headlining tour (though I am glad I went to a show the NIN/Soundgarden tour). But that's the only way I'd see Manson these days; on a co-headlining tour. I won't pay to see him solo at this point in his (failing) career. I do wish the Manson/Smashing Pumpkins tour had come to MN, though – that would have been fun.
    This was my reasoning. But if it does happen, I can see Trent helping Manson get his shit together in some form beforehand so he won't stink up the joint.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Contacted a guy I know from livenation EU/Netherlands: he confirmed, they got the assignment to offer NIN to EU venues/festivals in 2018. Tbc.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Please more venues and less festivals. Please.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Contacted a guy I know from livenation EU/Netherlands: he confirmed, they got the assignment to offer NIN to EU venues/festivals in 2018. Tbc.
    do you know what venue size for those locals..?
    from America and bucket-listed to finally get my clean passport a stamp or two...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Please more venues and less festivals. Please.
    I dunno about the rest of the EU, but i can guarantee they won't be doing Reading and Leeds again

They could do Download, can't see them doing Glasto. Hopefully they also do a show at O2, i can take advantage of the office box we have there

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Glastonbury isn't actually on in 2018 is it? I would love if they did a really off the wall festival like Festival No 6 in Portmeirion. I've always wanted to go to that, and the place is amazing

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ^^^
    Glastonbury isn't actually on in 2018 is it? I would love if they did a really off the wall festival like Festival No 6 in Portmeirion. I've always wanted to go to that, and the place is amazing
    ...you're right, now i really can't see them doing it
    If memory recalls i don't think they've ever done Download so that would probably be the most obvious option, but i agree a random off the wall option would be awesome.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wasn't Download that metal-heavy festival when NIN did a purposely slow/quiet set to piss off the crowd?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by muse-lyre candy View Post
    do you know what venue size for those locals..?
    from America and bucket-listed to finally get my clean passport a stamp or two...
    No, the price NIN asks is spicy and till now no reply from dutch festivals.
    Anyway there’s action. Surprise gigs in the EU/UK will be actual for sure.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Wasn't Download that metal-heavy festival when NIN did a purposely slow/quiet set to piss off the crowd?
    I was there - that was Sonisphere, the Metallica festival, not Download.

Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...you're right, now i really can't see them doing it
    If memory recalls i don't think they've ever done Download so that would probably be the most obvious option, but i agree a random off the wall option would be awesome.
    I would probably go if they did Download - although the last time I went to that was 2015 for Rammstein and it was PISSING down with rain, they called it Drownload it was so bad. Worst weather I've ever had at a festival, I nearly lost a shoe in the mud because the weather forecast was great up until the actual morning so I didn't think to dress for rain. Thankfully we were only there for the day
    Last edited by WorzelG; 10-09-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Part of me wishes that TR & AR would do a small club tour playing selections from their scores I can think of several songs I would love to see played live.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    We're starting to see bands announcing tours in January and February.
    If we don't hear something soon, I think any kind of tour dates will be in the Spring of 2018.
    We'll see soon enough I guess.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    We're starting to see bands announcing tours in January and February.
    If we don't hear something soon, I think any kind of tour dates will be in the Spring of 2018.
    We'll see soon enough I guess.
    Trent has said in more than one interview already that the touring in 2018 will begin in the summer.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    One thing's for sure, I need to force myself to NOT look at setlists as the tour unfolds. If it's one thing I've learned here, as static as the setlist usually is, they will always usually replace 1 or 2 songs a night as the tour goes on. Kinda like how "All the love in the world" made it's live debut midway through the tension tour. One of these days I'd like to be at a show where I hear something like that NOT knowing it was coming and lose my shit.

I guess that would mean not coming on ETS or the internet for the whole time they are on tour. It's hard to avoid tour spoilers these days when you have 50 music news sites reporting on stuff like this.

If only I didn't look at riot fest before hand, I would have never seen the background world coming from a mile away. If only I didn't come on ETS religiously 500 times a day I wouldn't have seen that post about Ilan sharing the rehearsal of "Letting you"

The whole time at Aftershock I just kept thinking "When is Letting you coming on?" "What part of the show will the Background world be played" lol... I need to stop.

And I was listening to the live recording of the Vegas show on YouTube earlier today, and was surprised how fresh an old song like "Terrible Lie" sounded. It goes to show yo, he needs to start cutting songs like MOTP, Piggy, Gave Up, Wish, Closer and Hurt from time to time. Retire them for a tour or so, when they come back, they will seem fresh and exciting again.

2018 will be the 30th anniversary of NIN... wow... I hope he does something crazy for it. Bring back more PHM songs for the 30th anniversary. Down In it or SIN need to make a comeback. Sin has been gone for faaar too long.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    And I was listening to the live recording of the Vegas show on YouTube earlier today, and was surprised how fresh an old song like "Terrible Lie" sounded. It goes to show yo, he needs to start cutting songs like MOTP, Piggy, Gave Up, Wish, Closer and Hurt from time to time. Retire them for a tour or so, when they come back, they will seem fresh and exciting again.

2018 will be the 30th anniversary of NIN... wow... I hope he does something crazy for it. Bring back more PHM songs for the 30th anniversary. Down In it or SIN need to make a comeback. Sin has been gone for faaar too long.
    I have seen NIN ten times and of the six songs you mentioned (MOTP, Piggy, Gave Up, Wish, Closer, Hurt) I understand why Closer and Hurt are played because they are hits. Of all the ten times I have seen them Piggy, Gave Up and Wish were played at every concert I have seen. I have even been to shows where they didn't play Closer.

It has been an unwritten thing that when NIN does a stripped down show (no massive lighting and video screens) you tend to get a more varied setlist. It really wasn't like that at the most recent Vegas show, it was pretty much a standard NIN setlist. I actually rolled my eyes when they started playing Piggy. They didn't come on until 10 pm and I know Vegas has curfews on concerts so I guessed that it would be over at 11:30 and it ended at 11;30 nearly on the dot. So when Piggy started my immediate thought was I have seen this too many times. I agree with you Piggy, Gave Up and Wish need to be retired for a very long time. It reminded me of watching a Seinfeld rerun, I have seen it a billion times but I still enjoy it. Other than the new material and the Bowie cover, it was the same setlist I have seen over the last five years. If he wants to play something off of Broken, how about playing Last and Suck.

NIN is great band and has done some ground breaking things with regards to tours and live shows. They have been a huge influence on me and the music has been the soundtrack to my life, but as you said the 30th Anniversary is coming up and the last thing that NIN should become after 30 years is predictable.
    Last edited by Sister Midnight; 10-25-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    One thing's for sure, I need to force myself to NOT look at setlists as the tour unfolds. If it's one thing I've learned here, as static as the setlist usually is, they will always usually replace 1 or 2 songs a night as the tour goes on. Kinda like how "All the love in the world" made it's live debut midway through the tension tour. One of these days I'd like to be at a show where I hear something like that NOT knowing it was coming and lose my shit.
    Do it. I quit ETS for a few weeks at the start of Tension and told my friends on the tour to not spoil anything for me - I went into it knowing nothing, and my mind was blown several times. Second best show for me - hard to top night two at Terminal 5.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Do it. I quit ETS for a few weeks at the start of Tension and told my friends on the tour to not spoil anything for me - I went into it knowing nothing, and my mind was blown several times. Second best show for me - hard to top night two at Terminal 5.
    Quitting ETS is easier said then done, lol. I am addicted to this place. It's like one of 3 web pages I spend my internets on.

That's why I've found it's usually easier to just try and attend the first show on the tour. Nobody knows what's gonna happen there. The problem I have found with the first show is, it's not always the best setlist. The setlist (and the band) get better as the tour goes on. If you catch a show near the end, you have a good chance of hearing the best material as I guess they've had more time to rehearse more stuff on the road.

But, as I said it's not just as simple as quitting ETS. I have tons of music news sites in my facebook feed that like to ruin tours as they unfold. I got the most recent TOOL tour spoiled that way. I even went out of my way to unsubscribe to a tool fan YouTube page that always has updates and live videos of the tour on it (I still haven't remember to re-sub to that channel lol). But, as the TOOL tour unfolded (and my show was literally one of the last), updates kept flooding in. It's in the headlines too, so you can't hide from it... "Tool busts out Eulogy for the first time in 15 years at Fairfaix" Kind of shit... and then you're like "fuckers!!" and then your show comes, and you're just sitting there wondering where Eulogy is the whole show... and it doesn't even come up, cuz they only played it at that one show.

So, avoiding setlists used to be a lot easier than it is these days. You'd have to turn off the whole internet while you waited for a concert, and I'm not gonna do that.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

As mentioned in another topic, there are some rumours going around. There’ll be more soon

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    There’ll be more soon
    The word 'soon' should be banned on this site

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Hellfest (Fra) seems to be confirmed. june 22-24

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I've been away from ETS for a while and it really worked in my benefit for these last couple of NIN shows. I went into the shows with zero knowledge of the stage setup, setlists, even some of the songs were completely new to me. I was completely blown away with everything and I feel like my NIN fandom was renewed.

I do tend to keep away from tour spoilers for another band that I closely follow and it does really go a long way into making everything a much more enjoyable experience. It takes some restraint, but it's worth it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    French people: tell me about Hellfest. I see 3 day passes are now sold out, but I have zero interest in that regardless. Do they sell individual day passes later? Or do I need to look on the secondary market? If NIN is playing this (along with possibly Maiden!!), my wife & I will gladly spend our anniversary in the French countryside. Not a bad country to watch the World Cup in as well.