Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you like to stream?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Do you like to stream?

I like to stream my music out to the world. What does that mean? Well, I like to run a streaming audio server and share the link.

Like this.

[deleted address due to not streaming ATM] (320kbps/44Khz)

And I like to do this somewhat frequently and since I haven't been able to find another thread that focuses on this, may as well make one, right?

Anyone else do the same thing?

I'm not a 24/7 broadcaster but I figured sharing here would be alright.

I take requests, if I have it, I'll play it. Link to list: here
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-14-2017 at 06:34 AM. Reason: status update.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes sir, I like to stream.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    And we're live again!

[deleted due to no more streaming]

Mellow-ish music tonight.

playlist:

Legend the best of Bob Marley and the Wailers 30th Anniversary (reissue) (stereo) (140g) [US] [12"] [transparent red/yellow/green vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM] by Bob Marley & The Wailers
    Abraxas (remastered) (stereo) (180g) [EU] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM] by Santana
    African Dialects (reissue) (stereo) [US] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM] by Peter King
    Body Music (reissue) (stereo) [US] [12"] [transparent blue with white+blue streak vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM] by Afro Funk
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-14-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    And we're back at it again tonight...

[deleted due to no more streaming]

playlist:

Grande Dame (stereo) [UK] [12"] [opaque turquoise vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM] by Grande Dame
    August And Everything After (reissue) (stereo) (200g) [US] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM] by Counting Crows
    Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (remastered) (stereo) (180g) [US] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM] by The Cranberries
    At Home (reissue) (stereo) [NL] [12"] [transparent blue vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM] by Shocking Blue
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-21-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    And we're up and going...

[that did not last long]
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-24-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm back at it...

[all done]

playlist:

Grande Dame (stereo) [UK] [12"] [opaque turquoise vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM] by Grande Dame
    Outside The Echo Chamber (stereo) [UK] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM] by various (Coldcut X On-U Sound and eight different vocalists)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-27-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I dont understand what you're trying to do here with such short spurts. How do you expect to have anyone consistently listen?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I dont understand what you're trying to do here with such short spurts. How do you expect to have anyone consistently listen?
    I'm not expecting anything... but what I am doing is broadcasting when I can for however long I can at that particular moment... but that's why I post the details as soon as I have the music going.

If others can join me on a bit of a musical ride... that's great but if not, that's also okay too. I'd love to leave the music going for longer but I feel its unfair if I'm not here monitoring it because I'd like to be available for others to interact with.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Let's try something a different this time...

In a couple-ish hours I'll start streaming... so if you want to request something from this list (doesn't need to be an album, can just be tracks from there as well) just reply here and I can queue it up when things start.

So, see you in like, probably 3 hours. More than enough time to clean your pipe or roll a lil some-some...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Here we go...

[all done]

Should be going for quite a while tonight... like, 5 or so hours.

we'll start off with;

"Endtroducing... (20th Anniversary Endtrospective Edition) (remastered) (stereo) (180g) [EU] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by DJ Shadow
    "Fear Of A Black Planet (reissue) (stereo) (180g) [US] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Public Enemy
    "The Inevitable Rise And Liberation Of Niggy Tardust! (stereo) [US] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Saul Williams
    "Year Zero (stereo) [US] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Nine Inch Nails
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-29-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think I can plot to stream reliably Friday and Saturday nights for the next little while. And still may pop up randomly throughout the week.

Maybe I'll start to play some of the mixtapes...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    t-minus 4hours for another show...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Let's this aural pleasure started shall we?

[thanks for listening]

Starting off with;

"Rock Art And the X-Ray Style (remastered) (stereo) [CA] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
    "Plastic Beach (stereo) (180g) [EU] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Gorillaz
    "Paranoimia" by The Art Of Noise from "In Visible Silence (stereo) [CA] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]"
    "Humanz (stereo) [EU] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Gorillaz
    "I Could Give You (A Mirror)" by Eurythmics from "Sweet Dreams =Are Made Of This·» (stereo) [UK] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "Repeating Headlines - Late Edition" by various (a mixtape of mine)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-30-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nothing like some good tunes while enjoying some good smoke. Thanks dude much appreciated.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Nothing like some good tunes while enjoying some good smoke. Thanks dude much appreciated.
    No worries... if you're down with it, I'll just play the latest Gorillaz after this, but if you a suggestion, those are welcomed too... also; puffpuffpass

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've... added a surprise between albums.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    t-minus 9hours until showtime...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Hello and good evening! Here we are again and time for another show...

[all done, but tomorrow night we shall surf the stars on an intergalactic musical journey again... till then]

Going for a sampler of format tonight instead of full albums... join us, won't you?

what we're sampling:
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-05-2017 at 02:57 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Saturday night and here we go!

[all done]

Again, doing the sampler format but this time in order as to not get duplicates...

Feel free to say hi.

playlist;
    four tracks from "Retribution" (stereo) [CA] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM] by Tanya Tagaq
    four tracks from "In The Midst Of The Storm (stereo) [US] [12"] [transparent clear/blue marbled vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Mad Professor meets Jah9
    four tracks from "Midwest Farmer's Daughter (stereo) [US] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Margo Price
    three tracks from "Only Heaven (stereo) (180g) [EU] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Coldcut
    four tracks from "The Essentials (stereo) [US] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox
    five tracks from "The Centennial Collection: The Complete Recordings (remastered) (mono) [EU] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Robert Johnson
    four tracks from "Warzone (remastered) (stereo) [UK] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by The Missing Brazilians
    five tracks from "Grande Dame (stereo) [UK] [12"] [opaque teal vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Grande Dame
    five tracks from "Outside The Echo Chamber (stereo) [UK] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]" by Coldcut X On-U Sound
    four tracks from "Endtroducing... (20th Anniversary Endtrospective Edition) (remastered) (stereo) (180g) [EU] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by DJ Shadow
    four tracks from "Spirit Child (remastered) (stereo) [US] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Willie Thrasher
    two tracks from "Pacific (reissue) (stereo) (180g) [EU] [12"] [opaque marbled blue/black vinyl] [45 RPM]" by 808 State
    four tracks from "At Home (reissue) (stereo) [NL] [12"] [transparent blue vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Shocking Blue
    four tracks from "Live Necronomicon (stereo) [US] [12"] [opaque white vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Ministry
    one track (Side B) from "Starship Africa (reissue) (stereo) [EU] [12"] [opaque gold vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by Creation Rebel
    [full album] "Broken (stereo) [UK] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM] + Broken (stereo) [UK] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]" by Nine Inch Nails ('o' release)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-06-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Looks like the theme for Friday is soundtracks.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    t-minus 12 hours until the next show. I hope you'll tune in...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    t-minus 1 hour...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Boom boom boom booM

Here we go again, another Friday night of music to help the dark hours go by...

[all done]

You can also find me as DerbyBeardo on the Twitterbeast...

playlist;

"Sunglasses At Night" by Corey Hart from "Sunglasses At Night (stereo) [CA] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "Relax" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood from "Relax (stereo) [CA] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "Sugar Shack" by Jimmy Gilmer And The Fireballs from "Sugar Shack (stereo) [CA] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "Music From the Motion Picture Clerks (stereo) [US] [12"] [transparent black marbled vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by various artists
    "Desperate And Depressed" by Margo Price from "Hurtin' On The Bottle (stereo) [US] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "Brand New Key" by Melanie from "Brand New Key (stereo) [CA] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "The Needle And The Damage Done" by Laura Marling from "Blues Run The Game (stereo) [US] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy (stereo) [UK] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by various artists (original BBC radio show)
    "Mercedes Benz" by Janis Joplin from "Cry Baby (stereo) [CA] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "Bicycle Race" by Queen from "Bicycle Race (stereo) [CA] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "**Tainted Love**" by Soft Cell from "Tainted Love (stereo) [CA] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "The Album Of The Soundtrack Of The Trailer Of The Film Of Monty Python And The Holy Grail - Executive Version (stereo) [UK] [12"] [opaque black vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by various artists
    "Fever" by Peggy Lee with Jack Marshall's Music from "Fever (promotional) (stereo) [US] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "A Fifth Of Beethoven" by Walter Murphy And The Big Apple Band from "A Fifth Of Beethoven (stereo) [CA] 7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet from "Ballroom Blitz (stereo) [CA] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "Underworld - Music From The Motion Picture (stereo) [US] [12"] [transparent blue vinyl] [33 1/3 RPM]" by various artists
    "Barbie Girl" by Aqua from "Barbie Girl (remastered) (stereo) [EU] [7"] [transparent pink vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "Kick Yo Booty" by Crazy Girl from "Miss USA (stereo) [EU] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    "Iko Iko" by The Dixie Cups from "Iko Iko (stereo) [CA] [7"] [opaque black vinyl] [45 RPM]"
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-12-2017 at 02:50 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Do you have a streaming license?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Do you have a streaming license?
    Not commercial; not needed.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    No show tonight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    All of the music you're playing IS commercial, and if they decide to call you out on it, then you're going to owe royalties. A LOT of royalties. I'm not looking to attack you or get into an argument, I just figured I'd give you a heads up so you don't get surprised by a cease and desist order in the future.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I stream
    You stream
    We all stream
    For iStream

This thread reminded me of the ice cream jinjle.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    All of the music you're playing IS commercial, and if they decide to call you out on it, then you're going to owe royalties. A LOT of royalties. I'm not looking to attack you or get into an argument, I just figured I'd give you a heads up so you don't get surprised by a cease and desist order in the future.
    As I understand it, SOCAN doesn't care so long as a) not offering downloads; b) am non-commerical in nature and c) if I've paid for the music in the first place

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    t-minus 11 hours till show time...

What should we listen to tonight?