"Pop/rock"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    "Pop/rock"
    the rock part is at least kind of true

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    "For those who prefer to consume media via small plastic discs, the CD version of Add Violence is in stores today. Vinyl Nov. 17. https://NIN.lnk.to/CDAV"

from their facebook

Shade = thrown

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Want canadian or australian Add Violence CD - I can offer EU CD version for trade..

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curbes View Post
    Want canadian or australian Add Violence CD - I can offer EU CD version for trade..
    Did I miss something? There's a difference?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Did I miss something? There's a difference?
    Yeah! The imports have the codes and info to the ARG! j/k lol, I hope they are the same so I don't get the urge to collect them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Same for me, I just got the shipping text
    Amazon says it out for delivery... I'm going to be the last Amazon delivery today... I know it.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    shocked to see a nice booklet with lyrics and everything

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ordered my copy over CDUniverse.com for 7 USD something. That was a good deal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got mine at Best Buy today, 5.99 on sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been addressed, but is there any reason why this is available on amazon and other places, but not NTAE?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed, but is there any reason why this is available on amazon and other places, but not NTAE?
    Because the actual event is a CD.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Because the actual event is a CD.
    What?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What?
    It was what I thought was a fairly obvious joke

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhettbutler View Post
    what?
    lol

update: can't seem to make caps up.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 10-13-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    As a real answer, no one knows. There have been pre-orders for an import edition of NTAE floating around Amazon for months and months but nothing has happened with them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Yeah! The imports have the codes and info to the ARG! j/k lol, I hope they are the same so I don't get the urge to collect them.
    You want to trade a EU for Canadian or Australian but don’t know if there’s a difference lol I’m sure as most NIN Canadian/US are the same and usually Japan is the one that always has bonus tracks. Watch the Japan cd come with NTAE/Add Violence lol

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It was what I thought was a fairly obvious joke
    I see what he did! Got it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What I know for a fact is that some EU discs are manufactured with less quality than some US versions.
    I will point out the example of Depeche Mode Spirit Deluxe US CD versus the EU counterpart.
    If you notice closely, you will get the darn FBI logo (tiny) but... the discs seem to have better coat print and have a nicer outside ring border than EU version.
    I can't tell about the digibook printing, but the US is very high quality. I can say that South American copies of this one are printed like crap. Perhaps the EU...

So, perhaps this is the reason friend above wants to trade (I am not sure about Australian version though).

Also, I have noted on Discogs that Add Violence is pressed on a Mexican plant, this the disc is made in Mexico (I'm not sure why).
    It has a IFPI Mould SID code that belongs to a machine in that country.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It just seems odd that the second EP would get this nice treatment on CD but not tne first. An official CD of NTME would be nice, but it's not that big a deal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I know with Hesitation Marks I got like 4 copies of the standard edition. The Canadian, US, Japan and somewhere else due to the way the pictures were printed.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    You want to trade a EU for Canadian or Australian but don’t know if there’s a difference lol I’m sure as most NIN Canadian/US are the same and usually Japan is the one that always has bonus tracks. Watch the Japan cd come with NTAE/Add Violence lol
    Now that I'm all grown up I typically only collet if their are significant differences. i.e. extra/ bonus tracks. Back in the 90's that shit would piss me off as I was a working kid with limited funds.

Amazon is now reporting "delivery sometime between the 13 and 17". At least it's coming... I hope.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Now that I'm all grown up I typically only collet if their are significant differences. i.e. extra/ bonus tracks. Back in the 90's that shit would piss me off as I was a working kid with limited funds.

Amazon is now reporting "delivery sometime between the 13 and 17". At least it's coming... I hope.
    i got my copy today but I am gonna get a replacement. Corner has a small bend (not sure if it’s from the shrink wrap)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I know with Hesitation Marks I got like 4 copies of the standard edition. The Canadian, US, Japan and somewhere else due to the way the pictures were printed.
    Same. I only buy multiple editions of the same albums is there's an artwork difference or tracklisting difference.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Picked up my copy today for $7.99 Canadian ($6.41 US), What a deal!

When I walked in and went to the new releases wall, I didn't see it, walked to the NIN section, wasn't there, was ready to walk out, but say a huge stack almost staring me in the face on the way out, totally on their own away from everything else.

When I went to buy it, it was like 6pm in the evening, and the dude at the cashier was like "This is the first one of these I've sold all day! Quite shocked, thought this was gonna be a big sell, so I put them right up front when you walk in"

Could have been a poor place to put them, because I didn't see them. Could have at least stacked some under the NIN section, lol...
    Not sure if it was just poor store placement, or literally I am the only nutjob that cares about a physical CD in 2017... Probably the latter.

Well, me and a bunch of you folks on here.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if it's usefull, but for the record amazon france sold me it yesterday, friday for 5€ including autorip, I placed my order on thursday afternoon (yes I paid for shipping)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    i got my copy today but I am gonna get a replacement. Corner has a small bend (not sure if it’s from the shrink wrap)
    The CD version? Mine is bent as well because they insist on using this cheap, thin cardboard and then wrapping them too tight. Packaging is "flat as a pancake" again, similar to the Deviations 1 vinyl.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The CD version? Mine is bent as well because they insist on using this cheap, thin cardboard and then wrapping them too tight. Packaging is "flat as a pancake" again, similar to the Deviations 1 vinyl.
    ya the CD I got from Amazon. I thought it would have been a little thicker but hard to tell from the pics people posted. I think it was wrapped to tight and one corner was the victim or sandbag provided all copies to all retailers (reason for the big delay lol). Love how the sticker says original release date July 21, 2017

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Mine was fine but I ended up making a slight bend getting the plastic off

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curbes View Post
    I can trade you an AU if you still need curbes.

Last edited by timdotexe; 10-14-2017 at 11:55 PM.