Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Is the misprint just the label or is the music also not NIN?
    I checked immediately and it's just Not Anymore and Background World as music

My first thought was just like with the b-side of NTAE some vague hint or something but then I checked Discogs and saw the normal versions have a regular label.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB-GNR View Post
    I was wondering if more people had this label on the b-side of the Add Violence vinyl EP:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ce5jh2cc30...ence2.png?dl=0

It seems like the label is coming from this release:
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Perm...lease/10802169

Just a misprint??
    If you can get a proper scan of the label, I'd like to have it so that I can update the nincatalog site with it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's been mentioned before, but the shorter ending of Less Than on the vinyl is really jarring. I think it adds to the feel, though. Until I get used to it, anyway.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I just want to know what's going on with this back cover. Is it important or not, Trent?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    I have a D/L card for both EPs both different D/L services the latest AV EP is a 'The Sound of Vinyl' card like this one. The NTAE one was a more obscure URL/service.
    I guess with the new distribution model for vinyl the service changed.
    Is the back side of the AV download card the same block style art as the DE and Deviations had? None of my copies came with a download card, which is lame because I planned on framing the whole set. Anybody want to let theirs go?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Is the back side of the AV download card the same block style art as the DE and Deviations had? None of my copies came with a download card, which is lame because I planned on framing the whole set. Anybody want to let theirs go?
    Just blank white on the AV d/l card same as NTAE d/l card. From looking at all the 2016/17 releases it's just the DE's that have artwork on the back of the d/l cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just blank white on the AV d/l card same as NTAE d/l card. From looking at all the 2016/17 releases it's just the DE's that have artwork on the back of the d/l cards.
    The NTAE card isn't blank white.

https://i.imgur.com/Yph0Ekr.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryG View Post
    The NTAE card isn't blank white.

https://i.imgur.com/Yph0Ekr.jpg
    Wow, I stand corrected. I didn't notice that before. It's subtle. The AV one is definitely white though no pattern at all. Perhaps it's a distributor thing. AV was released here via Caroline International with a very standard "Sound of Vinyl" d/l card.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The AV one is definitely white though no pattern at all. Perhaps it's a distributor thing. AV was released here via Caroline International with a very standard "Sound of Vinyl" d/l card.
    That is odd and kind of a bummer.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Trumps tweets (Economy growing! Excluding hurricane effects, CEA estimates that real GDP growth would have been 3.9% in Q3.Stock market at a new high, unemployment at a low. We are winning and TAX CUTS will shift our economy into high gear!) are so reminiscent of the Telescreens in 1984 barking out productivity drives and increased chocolate rations it makes me feel I’m in a world simulator like the Add Violence machine. Terrifying

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Trumps tweets (Economy growing! Excluding hurricane effects, CEA estimates that real GDP growth would have been 3.9% in Q3.Stock market at a new high, unemployment at a low. We are winning and TAX CUTS will shift our economy into high gear!) are so reminiscent of the Telescreens in 1984 barking out productivity drives and increased chocolate rations it makes me feel I’m in a world simulator like the Add Violence machine. Terrifying
    are these the lyrics to an ep3 song

I imagine they'll be whispered ad lib through a megaphone or radio receiver or some shit, then panned weirdly so the listener can't hear them properly and have to read a fucking lyrics book to understand wtf is going on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just received AV EP from US NIN store and it DID NOT come with a download card.

Also, the edge of the inner sleeve was torn in the center of both sides - is this common?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camebackhaunted View Post
    I just received AV EP from US NIN store and it DID NOT come with a download card.

Also, the edge of the inner sleeve was torn in the center of both sides - is this common?
    yes, that can happen if the record shifts around within the sleeve during shipping

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Kind of a bummer AV was packaged inside the lyrics sleeve. NTAE was in a separate inner sleeve.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Kind of a bummer AV was packaged inside the lyrics sleeve. NTAE was in a separate inner sleeve.
    I'm not impressed with the Capitol Records experience compared to Universal (no download card & the inner sleeve issue). Hoping the 3rd EP goes back to Universal or a different record label.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I'm not impressed with the Capitol Records experience compared to Universal (no download card & the inner sleeve issue). Hoping the 3rd EP goes back to Universal or a different record label.
    Hopefully third one goes Mondo, I want stupidly overdone packaging and artwork

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    A+R did Cargo In The Blood, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Ghosts I–IV. They're still partners, no?
    Last edited by Jon; 12-01-2017 at 05:07 PM. Reason: +TGWTDT

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    A+R did Cargo In The Blood, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Ghosts I–IV. They're still partners, no?
    I'm not talking deluxes, just a lovely, standard release. Mondo are kings there (and Invada, who have partnered for the yet-unreleased Patriots Day release)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Limited to 250 copies, available at a random time the day after announcement. Artwork by Jock.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Less Than is NIN's greatest single since Survivalism; and I still remember the shock I felt that day back in 2007 when YZ was available as a stream via nin.com and Survivalism came up. Following that, no other NIN single had such an impact on me until Less Than. Its first seconds had me like "oh, great, Trent is tapping into the synthwave craze that's so popular these d--" and BAM! The wall-of-sound guitars hit me hard, and the chorus is Not So Pretty Now done right (and I'm one of the few people in the world who actually like NSPN). It took ten whole years to feel that excitement again, and, boy, did it deliver.

Thanks, Trent. And thanks, Atticus, for putting Trent's shit together.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The only problem is that if it's limited, Mondo releases sell out stupid crazy fast. It's next to impossible to buy one of their posters. I've tried twice and both times, had one in my cart, only for it to change to "sold out" by the time I got to the checkout page. Then, they're on eBay for 4x the price immediately after. Infuriating bullshit.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This interview is really great. Makes me like the song more than I already did. Super cool!

https://pitchfork.com/news/nine-inch...er-listen/amp/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hearing those detuned guitar notes and the chorus piano from The Lovers isolated from everything else reminds me so much of The Fragile. I love how Trent and Atticus incorporate acoustic instrumentation into their songs, it sounds so eerie and imperfect.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    “The Lovers” wasn’t really my thing for awhile but for whatever reason, it has finally clicked with me and I’ve added it to my regular rotation of songs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is it just me or is the vinyl version of Less Than cut off slightly compared to the digital version?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Is it just me or is the vinyl version of Less Than cut off slightly compared to the digital version?
    yeah, we talked about it earlier in the thread, i think (but that may have been somewhere else). it's odd when you're used to the digital version and i don't think anyone has come up with a good explanation as to why it's different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "The Lovers" song is worth that I log in here first time since March 2016 to give my positive admission!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah, we talked about it earlier in the thread, i think (but that may have been somewhere else). it's odd when you're used to the digital version and i don't think anyone has come up with a good explanation as to why it's different.
    Ah, missed it, thanks! Also, I'm familiar with TITP bleeding into Not Anymore in a very cool way, and that obviously also doesn't happen on the vinyl.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I go in expecting raw footage and I get what's basically a music video.

This is, to be clear, awesome.

Still love that track.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 12-14-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I go in expecting raw footage and I get what's basically a music video.

Still love that track.
    I love the "new" lyrics. That line is so fucking great.