Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
Results 1,231 to 1,251 of 1251

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really like the idea of NTAE going after Add Violence in order when listened to together, but the thing that hurts that for me is "The Background World", which really only works as a closing track, and totally disrupts the flow of the listening experience. The main part of the song on its own feels so climactic that it'd be strange as anything other than a final or penultimate song, the eight minute outro of largely noise (haunting as it is) would be a slog to get through if there were more songs on the other side. I can only really see it making sense if when the EPs are all released together, the song is cut down to six or seven minutes instead of eleven.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Not Anymore" & "The Background World"...top shelf tracks (though the whole second half of TBW is annoying as fuck...I'll just make it fade out).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Is the last track supposed go sound like it's skipping? Goes on too long, imo. Love the rest of the ep. Easily, better than NTAE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Is the last track supposed go sound like it's skipping? Goes on too long, imo. Love the rest of the ep. Easily, better than NTAE.
    Yes.

You're certainly not alone in thinking that the outro is too long - if you dig through the The Background World thread, someone posted an edit which shortens the outro to ~2min.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I kinda hope the Physical Component adds some context to the ending of TBW.

It's the kind of thing where I'd spend hours on the weekend reading the liner notes and listening with headphones trying to imagine the visual circumstances of what's taking place. As-is, I made a fade-out for play in the car.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Yes.

You're certainly not alone in thinking that the outro is too long - if you dig through the The Background World thread, someone posted an edit which shortens the outro to ~2min.
    Cool. Wasn't sure if it was the disc I burned it to or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This isn't the place has just become one of my favorite tracks alongside tracks like the ruiner,happiness in slavery,somewhat damaged etc..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ...what about multiple personalities in the same body, struggling over control (see control panel), wanting to get out, but only one is awake while everyone else seems to be asleep and losing time? (see book "Set this house in order" or recent movie "Split") But the clues about current population or 2022 don't fit with this I think. Well, just an idea. :-)

Edit: Sorry now I think this idea must have been here thousand times even before NTAE, maybe even I already wrote it before... just got lost in ideas or something. :-)
    Last edited by Substance242; Today at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    I'm about to embark on a second listen as I have to say. "The Lovers".... MOTHERFUCK.... that's a fucking awesome song.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Doing my first proper listen through in order, There are certain element in each song I didn't initially like but overall its terrific

Less than has definitely grown on me, gives a very YZ feel. Going on my gym playlist. Trent rhymes for with for
    The Lovers- so so much better with headphones. I just closed my eyes and tried to pick out all those buttery layers. It feels kinda schizophrenic with the mix of low talking and chorus
    This Isn't The Place- blends perfectly into the end of the lovers. not my favorite track but I do love the fragile-esque piano
    Not anymore- beginning and end are very abrupt compared to the other tracks. Really nice heavier mechanical sound. I don't know if I like the echo effect on his voice, similar sound to Burning Bright
    the Background World- is that Mariqueen harmonizing with him around the 2 min mark? I really love the tune in the loop but HATE the gaps. I can only make it about 2 min into the loop before I have to turn it off, but when listening to the later loops It starts to sound like Hyperpower! a little bit
    Last edited by millionmilesaway; Today at 06:11 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    A great deal of the album, particularly "The Lovers" feels like the culmination of several albums' worth of material examining the relationship between conflicting personalities, inner voices or entities, building up to to one subsuming the other. It's incredibly difficult to put any kind of narrative description to it, but there's a kind of muted finality here that choked me up a little just now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Upon the first few listens, I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would. I've kind of been down on NIN since Year Zero (even that didn't age well for me), though I've liked tracks here and there. This might be my favorite NIN release as a cohesive whole since then. I actually like the skipping/disintegrating ending to The Background World.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love The Background World. All eleven minutes. But I love industrial. Trent being experimental, industrial and noisy again warms my heart.

with or without the insane ending the song is brilliant. It's such an uneasy song. When he comes in with "Are you sure?" It's awesome.
    Last edited by ninsp; Today at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a little late to the party. I've had the NTAE PC sitting with my vinly sealed since January. I just opened and scanned each insert at 300 dpi. What can I do to help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/HP2015/Desktop/NTAE.BB0001.jpg[/IMG]

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NonEntity View Post
    You'll need to upload the image to a hosting site like imgur.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Or make an archive of all scans and upload somewhere?
    Last edited by Xvostya; Today at 06:24 PM. Reason: *of*

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I just want to say that "coliseum calling with its night that could last forever" is one of the coolest lyrics ever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Five to one this entire trilogy is at least in part directly inspired by Twin Peaks. Ten to one it's an official companion piece. Lots of interesting parallels on both EPs so far if you're looking at them with TP in mind.

Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    What's the odds of this isn't the place being about Cornell?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is my favorite post.