Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just completed the order on nin.com for the vinyl. Hope I get one of the limited supply slip mat. Also cought the 2017 tour poster. Oh yeah, the store is back up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    JPC.de just shipped my Add Violence 12" EP. Still no confirmation from NIN.com.
    store's back up and has AV 12" available to order (doesn't say pre-order)

https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...violence-12-ep

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

Yep and might come with a limited edition slip mat!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

Cool, just need UK store to be stocked as it is back up now but no AV Vinyl available yet.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Ordered my 12" from nin.com ... got the WAVs now. All is good in the world.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Damn. The vinyl is out of stock already. Really wanted that slip mat. If someone ordered two and is willing to part ways with one, please let me know. I wonder how limited they were and if they will come with the next batch of stock.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Add Violence on CD is only $4.80
    http://www.importcds.com/add-violence/602557897975

Vinyl is $16.90
    http://www.importcds.com/add-violence/602557897951

Plus code "TAKE10" will get you 10% off

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    My Amazon.ca order of "Add Violence (12" Vinyl EP)" has shipped. Canadians, we're good too.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    If someone by any chance gets two slipmats, I'll buy one from you. Missed out on the pre-order.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "This Isn't The Place" is my favourite track so far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    This is a pretty awesome playlist.

It actually flows really well together, with each track forming a loose tonal pairing. For example, both albums' most aggressive tracks (The Idea Of You and Not Anymore) come one after the other when ordered sequentially like this. I wonder if this is something Trent might have had in mind, given that he mentioned the EPs would take on additional context as the trilogy unfolds.

Whatever, it's just a joy to listen to. NIN is one of the most essential artists working today as far as I'm concerned.
    I have to agree. By chance, I came up with that exact same playlist myself. Tonally it matches, and some of the songs lyrically echo a bit too. Dear World and The Lovers both talk about everyone being asleep. I want to say that The Idea of You and Not Anymore both deal with self identity. I am sure there are other parallels between the pairings and I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was intentional.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    I have to agree. By chance, I came up with that exact same playlist myself. Tonally it matches, and some of the songs lyrically echo a bit too. Dear World and The Lovers both talk about everyone being asleep. I want to say that The Idea of You and Not Anymore both deal with self identity. I am sure there are other parallels between the pairings and I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was intentional.
    Its definitely intentional but it's also why I don't really care for that Playlist. It's too orderly

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The UK Store has the 12" AV "coming soon" and the description specifically lists the slipmat as being available as part of the order. I wasn't sure non-US store would get it. Still no idea what it looks like. NIN UK store price more expensive than HMV or AZ pre-order.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    from my die-hard collector's view: so there are two 12" vinyl versions (US and EU release)?. let's see what arrives next days/week. ordered one at nin.com and one at jpc.de. both are on their way. the nin.com order was shipped yesterday too.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    If someone by any chance gets two slipmats, I'll buy one from you. Missed out on the pre-order.
    Fret not! While I also missed the order window today by mistake, it DOES look like they're expecting at least a few more slipmats to come in with the restock of AV. We might still have a chance!

And let's not forget, either - the last time something was "limited, and when it's gone, it's gone," they still managed to last several months and still haven't sold out, so you never know. I'm gonna go to the record store tonight and pick up AV anyway just to have it, then when the nin.com store updates I guess I'll just have two copies AND a slipmat, hopefully, heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck me, just received the AV LP from the mailman....opened the package and had a damaged cover.

First of all NIN vinyl I did NOT order via nin.com and first that was damaged...I seem the be the opposite of most people here

Wanted to re-order it again, 2-4 weeks shipping...damnnnnn. So I re-ordered it via amazon.de this time, hope to have the undamaged vinyl next tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting to see that the EP is two sided. I really thought that the breakdown of TBW would be a lock groove at the end of side A.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB-GNR View Post
    Fuck me, just received the AV LP from the mailman....opened the package and had a damaged cover.

First of all NIN vinyl I did NOT order via nin.com and first that was damaged...I seem the be the opposite of most people here

Wanted to re-order it again, 2-4 weeks shipping...damnnnnn. So I re-ordered it via amazon.de this time, hope to have the undamaged vinyl next tuesday.
    Where did you order it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Where did you order it?
    First bol.com

Now I have 2 simultaneous orders at amazon.de and jpc.de (incl the NTAE cd)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMass View Post
    Interesting to see that the EP is two sided. I really thought that the breakdown of TBW would be a lock groove at the end of side A.
    But if it was a locked groove it would never deteriorate into nothing, it would just keep going at the same level forever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just want to say... my twin daughters (13 months old), absolutely adore This Isn't the Place, so much in fact, that they fall asleep to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    But if it was a locked groove it would never deteriorate into nothing, it would just keep going at the same level forever.
    How much of the breakdown could they of fit on Side A before it went into the groove? Apologies for my lack of knowledge on vinyl capacity.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    How much of the breakdown could they of fit on Side A before it went into the groove? Apologies for my lack of knowledge on vinyl capacity.
    i mean, if you're ok with it sounding like shit, you can actually fit up to 30 minutes on one side of vinyl. max tends to average 21-22 minutes, most people try to put around 15-17 minutes per side because that's the optimal maximum for sound quality at 33rpm.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well I mean if you let it play long enough...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The thing is, locked grooves are restricted to a single spin, and the outro loop is way longer than that so it wouldn't even fit in a locked groove. Locked grooves can only fit like a second of audio, maybe less. It ain't happening.
    Last edited by Pyract; 11-17-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    HEYYYY AV vinyl is back in stock in the store already. Get it while it's hot. Order PLACED.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Maybe it's a lock groove at the end of side B instead?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Nope. If you'll read above you'll see the main reasons why. As COOL as that idea would be, I don't think that would have been possible.

Also, I listened to it on my lunch break all the way though. Nope.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    nope, it's pressed normally.

sounds pretty fuckin' good, too (i literally just got to the beginning of the loop)