Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I go in expecting raw footage and I get what's basically a music video.

Still love that track.
    That's actually why I liked it. We don't get many NIN music videos these days. This basically functions as a video for The Lovers in the same way (if not more-so) than the one for March of the Pigs. Neither one uses the studio version of the song.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I go in expecting raw footage and I get what's basically a music video.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Not at all (should have added an emoji, maybe)! I'm really, really happy when bands do music videos these days. MuchMusic and I were friends back in the day for countless hours, oh my yes...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not at all (should have added an emoji, maybe)! I'm really, really happy when bands do music videos these days. MuchMusic and I were friends back in the day for countless hours, oh my yes...
    I think the MOTP video is responsible for why I like that particular brand of music video so much. There's an amazing video for Linne by Shugo Tokumaru which is 1/3 abstract short, 1/3 music video, and 1/3 documentary.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i can only kind of laugh, after Listening to the Song Exploder episode which the NIN website mailed around: http://songexploder.net/nine-inch-nails

The first thought i had about 'Add Violence" was that it sounded as if Trent was explaining himself. Saying how he changed or how he feels about it now. Other forum users acted as if it was impossible and dragged me into trying to find things that might not have been there from the start. Well... trent says so himself. He dragged it back into his own self. The old him.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    i can only kind of laugh, after Listening to the Song Exploder episode which the NIN website mailed around: http://songexploder.net/nine-inch-nails

The first thought i had about 'Add Violence" was that it sounded as if Trent was explaining himself. Saying how he changed or how he feels about it now. Other forum users acted as if it was impossible and dragged me into trying to find things that might not have been there from the start. Well... trent says so himself. He dragged it back into his own self. The old him.
    see i still view MOST NIN songs that way so it wasn't very surprising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Add Violence" is now in my Amazon Music App and probably I'll buy one up to two songs of it...
    [felt good to post here again
    and in course of I listened to John Carpenter's Halloween by TR& AR, what I totally like, and the mini gig at Twin Peaks, what I sensed as kinda dangerous...also found 2 short interviews with TR that gave me actual something!]

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Didn't read the entire thread, but... does anyone else hear Came Back Haunted-like synths during Not Anymore chorus?
    I do! The chorus riff of Not Anymore is very similar to the verse bassline of Came Back Haunted.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I know I'm like a decade or so behind on the times, but does a 5.1 mix of this exist? Need to be engulfed in surround sound by the ending of The Background World. "Soon"?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    I know I'm like a decade or so behind on the times, but does a 5.1 mix of this exist? Need to be engulfed in surround sound by the ending of The Background World. "Soon"?
    trent hasn't had anything released in 5.1 since the social network score blu-ray, unfortunately. it seems unlikely he'll return to it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    trent hasn't had anything released in 5.1 since the social network score blu-ray, unfortunately. it seems unlikely he'll return to it
    sucks. how are the youth of today supposed to survive without circular swells and the clap track isolated to the left rear speaker?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I listened to a lot of radio and XM radio over the past week, mainly from driving close to 16 total hours and cousin that likes mainstream rock, like... that's all this dude knows. For a "single", I have to say, Less Than is so much better than anything I heard (counting songs from the past 2 to 3 years), I mean, even a lot of newer alt songs (which I thought was great about 2 - 6 years ago), just... seemed, fucking soft, and I kept thinking to myself, what is the meaning, or purpose of this song? I feel like a lot of the songs I ended up considering them meaningless.

I feel like Trent has done a lot of meaningful things in his life, and I'm glad he pays attention to as much as he can and still pumps out some awesome fucking music.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Trent has said a few times that he and AR will come up with an idea, then TR will record some piano, Luminist Garden, guitar, synth , vox.... then TR will leave the room and allow AR some free time to arrange and design... he doesn't say to what extent though.

I feel like the tracks, so far, use a different structure than we have seen with previous releases... more specifically the transition from chorus to bridge, and moving from a verse to a chorus seem a bit stale to me. I started to notice this in HM. I also feel like the percussion is a bit more looped than in the past. Also compare Dave G's drumming on WT to 'The Idea of You'; I actually thought 'TIOY' was just programmed 4/4 rock perc at first.

I love how NIN is always evolving and presenting new sounds and material...
    Last edited by snaapz; 01-04-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    LOL, I was just having fun with you; no one thinks this is another ARG. We're just very very confident that Trent knows his fanbase and wouldn't put out a partially obscured word ending in an E in a post on the same day he teases the new EP by accident. He's done teasy things like this with almost every album since The Fragile; it's almost par for the course at this point.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for IT'S COCKLIKE, but just don't be surprised when we're back here in the next few days discussing ___ ____ENCE.

This really needs to be updated in 2018 with an entire cock reference.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    This really needs to be updated in 2018 with an entire cock reference.
    Does it, though? I don't mean to be the fun police here, BUT the whole "entire cock" thing is PLAYED OUT, if you ask me. Especially on the Facebook NIN group that I'm a member of. It got really stupid, really fast. So much so, in fact, that I had to unfollow the group because my news feed was just PACKED with the constant stream of lame, low-effort memes that weren't even funny 95% of the time. It's not even an inside joke that only ETS users know about, thanks to Consequence of Sound and Spin. It just seems like low-hanging fruit at this point. Low-hanging fruit that everybody's already taken a bite out of. </rant>

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Does it, though? I don't mean to be the fun police here, BUT the whole "entire cock" thing is PLAYED OUT, if you ask me. Especially on the Facebook NIN group that I'm a member of. It got really stupid, really fast. So much so, in fact, that I had to unfollow the group because my news feed was just PACKED with the constant stream of lame, low-effort memes that weren't even funny 95% of the time. It's not even an inside joke that only ETS users know about, thanks to Consequence of Sound and Spin. It just seems like low-hanging fruit at this point. Low-hanging fruit that everybody's already taken a bite out of. </rant>
    Yeah, at least the cocksucking chicken wing thing has some weird blog to go with it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    has anyone made a editied shortened mp3 of the background world?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    has anyone made a editied shortened mp3 of the background world?
    I have, and I know a few other people have as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i would love to download an mp3 of it if possible

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    than you

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It pisses me off that:

- Some people edit versions of The Background World to remove the looping second half.
    - Some people edit versions to keep the looping part, but remove the off-beat cut of silence between each loop because 'it flows better.'

I don't know which one is more annoying. With the first one you're basically neutering the entire song but with the second one you're actually trying to rewrite the music instead of just removing something. The 'skip' that happens from the silence wasn't an accident or an oversight, it's an essential part of the sound that is supposed to be off-putting and wrong. One of Trent's strongest fortes has always been crafting an inherent pain or ugliness to the music so who tf are these people who decided that suddenly this is crossing the line and they have to fix Trent's mistakes lmao.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i do prefer the original version of the background world and i recognize the genius in the loop. it is my favorite part of this trilogy. only wanted to hear the fan made edited versions out of curiosity.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    It pisses me off that:

- Some people edit versions of The Background World to remove the looping second half.
    - Some people edit versions to keep the looping part, but remove the off-beat cut of silence between each loop because 'it flows better.'

I don't know which one is more annoying. With the first one you're basically neutering the entire song but with the second one you're actually trying to rewrite the music instead of just removing something. The 'skip' that happens from the silence wasn't an accident or an oversight, it's an essential part of the sound that is supposed to be off-putting and wrong. One of Trent's strongest fortes has always been crafting an inherent pain or ugliness to the music so who tf are these people who decided that suddenly this is crossing the line and they have to fix Trent's mistakes lmao.
    What, so you don't want someone to edit Ahead of Ourselves so the chorus is in 4/4? Because you know someone's thinking it. That extra beat at the end of each phrase is just, like, so unnecessary, right?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    i do prefer the original version of the background world and i recognize the genius in the loop. it is my favorite part of this trilogy. only wanted to hear the fan made edited versions out of curiosity.
    It's a really simple edit if you want to play with it yourself

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It pisses me off that:

Then you'll be even more pissed to learn that I've done quite a few edits (as well as extensions) of Nine Inch Nails songs over the past few years.

Also, is it any different from creating a remix of a song? Look, I dig the outro a lot, but unless I'm listening to the full EP, I don't always have the patience to listen to the whole track. So...yeah...I made my own personal edit of it (which, by the way, is probably a little different from what everyone else has done) for when I just want to hit shuffle and see where things go, and I don't feel a bit bad about it. I doubt Trent and Atticus are sitting at home, browsing through YouTube and cursing fans who have supposedly defiled their work.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 06-23-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i have spent hours on youtube listening to fan remixes and i find most of what ive heard to be brilliant. i think trent making files available and giving fans freedom to experiment with his work is one of the best things about being a nin fan. of course i still love trents original versions the best, but it is awesome to hear others interpretations.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Wow, I posted that elsewhere before deciding to cross-post it here. I didn't notice until right this second that the posts directly above mine were discussing that exact thing already. I doubt Trent or Atticus care a ton but you'd probably be hard-pressed to find a sincere artist who wouldn't get at least a twinge of rage from hearing about that happening to their stuff.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Wow, I posted that elsewhere before deciding to cross-post it here. I didn't notice until right this second that the posts directly above mine were discussing that exact thing already. I doubt Trent or Atticus care a ton but you'd probably be hard-pressed to find a sincere artist who wouldn't get at least a twinge of rage from hearing about that happening to their stuff.
    Again, it's no different than doing a remix, and they've been very open to fans doing remixes in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The end of The Background World looping and degrading is a cool thing conceptually, but I highly doubt Trent and Atticus expect their fans to listen to that part in full every time they listen to the song. I listened to the entire thing once or twice just to have that experience, but it certainly doesn’t lessen my enjoyment of the EP to turn it off when the actual song portion ends. I think it’s moreso just something to add to the concept/themes rather than something that’s meant to be an integral part of the song itself. The Background World is an amazing song with or without the loop.
    Last edited by Mataxia; 06-23-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Then you'll be even more pissed to learn that I've done quite a few edits (as well as extensions) of Nine Inch Nails songs over the past few years.

Also, is it any different from creating a remix of a song? Look, I dig the outro a lot, but unless I'm listening to the full EP, I don't always have the patience to listen to the whole track. So...yeah...I made my own personal edit of it (which, by the way, is probably a little different from what everyone else has done) for when I just want to hit shuffle and see where things go, and I don't feel a bit bad about it. I doubt Trent and Atticus are sitting at home, browsing through YouTube and cursing fans who have supposedly defiled their work.
    Same. I've remixed a dozen or so songs, but for a few, I've just muted certain elements in order to highlight something else tucked away or less noticeable. "The Perfect Drug" is one of my favorite songs so I made a seven and a half minute version with the stems. I don't consider these better than the originals, just different and, in some cases, more enlightening. Also, the idea that someone could be pissed off about how anyone chooses to listen to Nine Inch Nails is kind of silly. Reznor released multi tracks SPECIFICALLY so people could fuck with, alter, and experiment on his work.

Also, as someone posted somewhere recently, I only listen to the edited TBW in my trilogy playlist to mitigate the two closers (TBW and OAO), not when I'm listening to AV...although I usually stop the album when the degradation begins.
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 06-23-2018 at 05:16 PM.