Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65
Results 1,921 to 1,929 of 1929

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Wow, I posted that elsewhere before deciding to cross-post it here. I didn't notice until right this second that the posts directly above mine were discussing that exact thing already. I doubt Trent or Atticus care a ton but you'd probably be hard-pressed to find a sincere artist who wouldn't get at least a twinge of rage from hearing about that happening to their stuff.
    Again, it's no different than doing a remix, and they've been very open to fans doing remixes in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The end of The Background World looping and degrading is a cool thing conceptually, but I highly doubt Trent and Atticus expect their fans to listen to that part in full every time they listen to the song. I listened to the entire thing once or twice just to have that experience, but it certainly doesn’t lessen my enjoyment of the EP to turn it off when the actual song portion ends. I think it’s moreso just something to add to the concept/themes rather than something that’s meant to be an integral part of the song itself. The Background World is an amazing song with or without the loop.
    Last edited by Mataxia; 06-23-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Then you'll be even more pissed to learn that I've done quite a few edits (as well as extensions) of Nine Inch Nails songs over the past few years.

Also, is it any different from creating a remix of a song? Look, I dig the outro a lot, but unless I'm listening to the full EP, I don't always have the patience to listen to the whole track. So...yeah...I made my own personal edit of it (which, by the way, is probably a little different from what everyone else has done) for when I just want to hit shuffle and see where things go, and I don't feel a bit bad about it. I doubt Trent and Atticus are sitting at home, browsing through YouTube and cursing fans who have supposedly defiled their work.
    Same. I've remixed a dozen or so songs, but for a few, I've just muted certain elements in order to highlight something else tucked away or less noticeable. "The Perfect Drug" is one of my favorite songs so I made a seven and a half minute version with the stems. I don't consider these better than the originals, just different and, in some cases, more enlightening. Also, the idea that someone could be pissed off about how anyone chooses to listen to Nine Inch Nails is kind of silly. Reznor released multi tracks SPECIFICALLY so people could fuck with, alter, and experiment on his work.

Also, as someone posted somewhere recently, I only listen to the edited TBW in my trilogy playlist to mitigate the two closers (TBW and OAO), not when I'm listening to AV...although I usually stop the album when the degradation begins.
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 06-23-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Same. I've remixed a dozen or so songs, but for a few, I've just muted certain elements in order to highlight something else tucked away or less noticeable. "The Perfect Drug" is one of my favorite songs so I made a seven and a half minute version with the stems. I don't consider these better than the originals, just different and, in some cases, more enlightening. Also, the idea that someone could be pissed off about how anyone chooses to listen to Nine Inch Nails is kind of silly. Reznor released multi tracks SPECIFICALLY so people could fuck with, alter, and experiment on his work.
    Yep, I've done a lot of messing around with the multitracks that are out there, as well as making edits or extended versions of tracks just for shits and giggles. It's like I said in the Controversial Opinions thread: it's fun to play with how malleable art can be for your own pleasure.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Personally I find the loop kinda hypnotic and I wouldn't dream of skipping it

but when the song is played live he drops the loop so I don't think you're really doing anything new and crazy and anti-nin by doing the same

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    After that post something clicked and I think I "get it" now

when i listen to TBW straight through the breakdown is hypnotic and even a bit enticing and soothing (yes I'm weird). However, for example, say I'm driving in my car and listening to it and get where I'm going and turn it off. Then I get in my car to leave and I get hit with a wall of noise. What was hypnotic is now noise. It's like reality. When all the shit going on gets relegated to "the background world," it gradually gets worse and you can see it's getting worse but it's not "that bad" until you step away and reset yourself and then look and realize how fucked we are.

It's kinda like the boiling frog thing which isn't actually real but makes a good metaphor anyway

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Found this image during random internet browsing (at navratdoreality.cz) and you know what it reminded me of... :-)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    After that post something clicked and I think I "get it" now

when i listen to TBW straight through the breakdown is hypnotic and even a bit enticing and soothing (yes I'm weird). However, for example, say I'm driving in my car and listening to it and get where I'm going and turn it off. Then I get in my car to leave and I get hit with a wall of noise. What was hypnotic is now noise. It's like reality. When all the shit going on gets relegated to "the background world," it gradually gets worse and you can see it's getting worse but it's not "that bad" until you step away and reset yourself and then look and realize how fucked we are.

It's kinda like the boiling frog thing which isn't actually real but makes a good metaphor anyway
    thats a really great take that hadn’t occurred to me at all, thanks

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    I've been listening to The Background World a lot more than I thought I would, and that's definitely a very good thing to me. After I do that, I also noticed that I tend to listen to Less Than and Not Anymore afterwards, and just wind down with The Lovers and This Isn't The Place.

But when I just want a quick fix, I also just listen to Less Than and Not Anymore.

I know I'd also just said this before, but I think as of now, and especially as a whole, Add Violence is definitely my most favorite release out of the trilogy.