Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    One of them has a clearly legit sticker on it. Why would 4 separate people go to the trouble of making fake digipaks? Doesn't that seem a bit strange to you?
    Hey, it's ETS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Hey, it's ETS
    Touché.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    One of them has a clearly legit sticker on it. Why would 4 separate people go to the trouble of making fake digipaks? Doesn't that seem a bit strange to you?
    Not really but how is it only east coast Walmart’s have this but the rest of the stores have nothing and no where else in the world has these (that we know of)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Went to Pickering, ON and Ajax, ON Walmart last night. Neither of them had it. Unless I missed it. Was going to run by Sunrise but I didn't have time. I may check there on the way home this evening.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Is there something ARG related to where gets the CDs and when?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Short answer: someone fucked up and the discs made it to shelves by mistake.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Short answer: someone fucked up and the discs made it to shelves by mistake.
    Yep. I was going to say the same thing. I've actually found a couple of other albums on the shelf in a Wal-Mart before they were supposed to be available too.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yep. I was going to say the same thing. I've actually found a couple of other albums on the shelf in a Wal-Mart before they were supposed to be available too.
    Because it seems like this happened at multiple Walmarts within the same region, I'd say it was a distribution error. For instance, distributor sends out the discs either with incorrect street date info or none at all and the retailer puts it on the shelf. Could be because the street date was pushed or could be just no info. I used to work in the inventory dept for a major electronics store, albeit this was almost 10 years ago, and we would occasionally get mixed boxes of discs with no street date info. Usually they'd have neon orange or green stickers on the outside of the box noting the date. This was back while cds were more relevant than they are now so it was taken pretty seriously. I can't comment on the current attitude on breaking street dates these days. I can remember a few occasions where we got emails from the supply chain recalling releases that were sent in error...most were due to a long date push (a month or more) or production issues.

TL/DR: someone in the supply chain wasn't paying enough attention.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Oh but for sure Sandbag is the most incompetent distributor ever right guys [/s]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Oh but for sure Sandbag is the most incompetent distributor ever right guys [/s]
    I don't know. Sandbag, pretty imcompetant, but out of 6 different orders i've only had an issue with one and overall they were just pretty slow and disorganized. It seems like they got in over their heads, but atleast they seem to be trying to make things right. They're no firebrand afterall.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    AV vinyl now up for preorder on amazon.de. Release date: November 17th 2017

Quote Originally Posted by teitan View Post
    Amazon is currently not the answer
    Let's say that I'm just glad trent is reconsidering Amazon while they'll sort the things out with their online store.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Those digipaks seem strange to me.
    The hue is different in all four.
    The guy who made the possible genuine one, could have thought of the sticker.
    You can have this printed within minutes if you want to.

Furthermore, none of them showed the CD, the background cover, nothing.

So, ya... I believe it's all fake. Unless someone of these posters have BALLS and post the photos of CD and entire packaging.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    But if Walmart has them that means other stores have them too in there warehouses but no one knows when the real release date because Amazon keeps changing the date. From what I saw 1 guys from PEI. I posted on there instagram asking for more proof as I don't believe them.
    Are you the dude who challenged https://www.instagram.com/thatcdguy/
    You deserve a medal for that.
    His answer is dodgy, so it is evidence it can be fake.
    Even Voyager out of the solar system communicates better than that. The sticker looks very real that is for sure - the Capitol records logo et al.
    But then I could do it myself only by looking at the vinyl latest stickers.
    If I was asked, I would immediately put an end to any doubt. He's dodgy.

He doesn't post background pictures, no CD, nothing. He is lying. He printed that on a cardboard.
    The "product" is also placed on the top and more distant from the shot for obvious reasons. No one can read the sticker.
    The image is only at that resolution, there is nothing else.
    I have no choice now but to call him and others as liars.
    Other prints are so lacking quality, the hue is laughable.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 09-22-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Wow. What happens when the CD is available and looks exactly as pictured? Do you plan to apologize for calling him a liar?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Benefit of the doubt is on my side. Not his.
    Yes, being dodgy can make you a virtual liar.
    I'm the kind of person who cannot admit that kind of behavior.
    Folk here went there and asked him politely for proof and got a reply like "Wat? Like I need to do this for you?"
    I have really no option but to call him for what he should deserve.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    Those digipaks seem strange to me.
    The hue is different in all four.
    Different cameras, different lighting, different filters.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I zoomed and my binoic eyes read "Original release 31 jul 2017"
    No one can read the sticker.
    Who is lying ?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    @Quantum550 is a Russian spam bot, I see no evidence to the contrary

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Are you the dude who challenged https://www.instagram.com/thatcdguy/
    You deserve a medal for that.
    His answer is dodgy, so it is evidence it can be fake.
    Even Voyager out of the solar system communicates better than that. The sticker looks very real that is for sure - the Capitol records logo et al.
    But then I could do it myself only by looking at the vinyl latest stickers.
    If I was asked, I would immediately put an end to any doubt. He's dodgy.

He doesn't post background pictures, no CD, nothing. He is lying. He printed that on a cardboard.
    The "product" is also placed on the top and more distant from the shot for obvious reasons. No one can read the sticker.
    The image is only at that resolution, there is nothing else.
    I have no choice now but to call him and others as liars.
    Other prints are so lacking quality, the hue is laughable.
    Yes that is me. The chick just proofed it buy saying the cost was $8 & the cost of the Foo fighters cd. It’s not hard to send photos of the rest of the cd as most people would (especially NIN fans).

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Not hard but not something strangers are just going to accede to doing on command, either. I'll see if my buddy can send a shot of the CD for you fucking freaks.

EDIT: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZY2eBlFZft/

There's a booklet, too. Happy now? Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by botley; 09-23-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Now where's the fucking CEO of this distribution thing.
    I want this too.
    How is this supposed to be released on 13rd October.

I humbly apologize to the owner of the CD. You are not a liar.

It's us that are fucking freaks... and yes... I am not happy with NIN dodgy dates...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I do also apologize too and I take back calling that owner a liar. But if we had more pictures it wouldn’t have come to that or more areas with it being released early (or a month late).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No AV at my Walmart, decided to check since I'm not too far from PEI. Was surprised to see Vietnam War CD there though, I didn't even realize it was going to be a thing. Was $19.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    When's the vinyl of my favorite NIN release since high school coming out, Trent.

Also, I feel like maybe Trent should just hand deliver the releases after the Sandbag issues (though I had no problem on the NE coast), if only because I want to see a Meathead flash cartoon of Trent dressed as a UPS driver come to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all, first time posting, I have really enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts.

I have a hypothesis regarding the storyline of the song "Background Noise". It's just a hypothesis so please pull it apart, use pieces of it, blow it away:

The hypothesis is that the singer and the person he is singing to are the same person. The singer is sitting in front of the control panel and the subject he is singing to is himself in the simulation.

"I never dared to look inside." The "inside" being inside the machine.

The singer has a choice to make regarding the simulation. "Are you sure this is what you want? " I don't know what that choice us.

The regressive loop is the result of the paradox of the singer being both in the simulation and at the panel of the simulation concurrently. I don't think the singer has a choice regarding the loop, as he sings, "there is no future point in time/ we will not get away."

This description of the song allows for interesting parables about the concept of self, consciousness, alternate realities, loss and mortality.

This hypothesis begs many questions: What is the simulation? How did the singer wind up both in and out of the simulation? What is the time frame of the 52 loops?, a lifetime? a year? What is the goal of the singer?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Literally harassed a guy on Instagram because you didn't think that maybe the CD was just released early in error in some places. That's...that sure is something.
    Last edited by gorast; 09-24-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Literally harassed a guy on Instagram because you didn't think that maybe the CD was just released early in error in some places. You're both morons.
    Just asking someone for more proof from just the front cover isn’t harassing someone. So don’t fucking say I’m a moron for asking. I don’t know about the other guy but I wasn’t rude or being a dick to the guy on Instagram.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Sure, morons was too far. Fine. That's why I rethought my post after a couple minutes. But you know what my first thought was when I saw the Instagram posts?

"Huh, weird. At least it's real."

Not "Wow it must be fake despite four separate people posting it."

You're right that the other guy was worse, but you egged him on over a trivial matter and that's obnoxious.
    Last edited by gorast; 09-24-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    My most favorite songs from Add Violence as of right now would definitely have to be Less Than, Not Anymore and The Background World.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i really love this forum, but the fact that people are losing the entirety of their shit over the possibility some random stores sold the physical album before it was released (and are conspiring the idea of random people faking digipacks to pretend they own the album) is funny... to put it lightly

just wait 'til you get the album