3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    https://streamable.com/tflof

not sure what to think, someone could be trolling us hard
    mirror

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I wonder if this is intentional like when TR asked Levi/eatyourblud/me to leak "Break" through torrent sites back in '07.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    Regarding there Instagram photo, I bet it is just fancy packaging saying advance as in an advanced copy of the L.P. pictured
    Looking at it full size it's definitely a screen print shirt or fabric of some sort. The N is a different font from typical NIN, not going to dig a bunch has he used the chunky bold font outside of the NIN logo? Possible NIN logo above it though.

I think it's just Trent paying homage to The Hustler.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wonder if this is intentional like when TR asked Levi/eatyourblud/me to leak "Break" through torrent sites back in '07.
    haha story time please

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Next week

Now "ASHES" has been posted.

Edit: https://streamable.com/ok34j
    Last edited by somewhat_; 07-08-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Friendly footnote (before everyone gets too crazy): Trent has made his disappointment pretty clear in the past when tracks have leaked out via shitty recordings. (i.e. The Perfect Drug, The Hand That Feeds)

I sincerely doubt that the stuff that's hitting reddit right now is in any way linked to any official source.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    https://streamable.com/tflof

not sure what to think, someone could be trolling us hard
    I reversed the audio. The voice is from right before the breakdown of THTF. "On and on and on and on!" Given that's the case, don't believe anything this fool is posting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Next week

this was just posted on reddit, not sure if it's legit

edit 2: the gatefold is not a perfect square but rather a rectangle, also the product shot is slightly different compared to the other vinyls on store.nin.com.
    I believe this is not legit because it's not the actual font. It does not match with the Fragile era typeface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by high def ultra-realism; 07-08-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    1. FALLING (sales after Deviations 1 incident)
    2. ASHES (what's left of fan's copies due to anger)
    3. IN THIS TIME (of 2017, things should be packaged better)
    4. NOT TO FORGET (no, we won't)
    5. ??????? (ought to be sandbag's new name)
    were those titles posted somewhere? like the reddit link before it was removed? are we thinking these are real or someone trolling?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I can wait a week for the actual EP instead of going crazy over either a) shitty leaks or more likely b) fake shit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The lettering is nothing like what's on Trent's instagram. Not to mention the lettering is clean compared to the NTAE album cover. confirmed fake.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    The lettering is nothing like what's on Trent's instagram. Not to mention the lettering is clean compared to the NTAE album cover. confirmed fake.
    Again, I highly doubt the photo on Trent's instagram is related to the new EP, but I do agree that the validity of that album cover is questionable. I also agree that I'd rather wait a week to listen to perfect recordings than shitty quality leaks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Again, I highly doubt the photo on Trent's instagram is related to the new EP, but I do agree that the validity of that album cover is questionable. I also agree that I'd rather wait a week to listen to perfect recordings than shitty quality leaks.
    How can that image on Trent's instagram not be related to the new EP when the blacked out top secret album on the site spells something beginning with THE and ending with 8 letters that end with an E ? People have guessed it to be THE EVIDENCE or THE PRESENCE. Trent's instagram image shows this explicitly.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    How can that image on Trent's instagram not be related to the new EP when the blacked out top secret album on the site spells something beginning with THE and ending with 8 letters that end with an E ? People have guessed it to be THE EVIDENCE or THE PRESENCE. Trent's instagram image shows this explicitly.

Because the only known fact is that both happen to end with an "E." We don't know for a fact that the preceding two letters are "N" and "C." That is only seen in the instagram photo. The only thing that nin.com gave away is the final letter. I think people are jumping to conclusions because the last letter on that shirt happens to be an "E."

EDIT: It (the official page) doesn't specify that the first three letters are "The" either. That's more of a common assumption by fans.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Because the only known fact is that both happen to end with an "E." We don't know for a fact that the preceding two letters are "N" and "C." That is only seen in the instagram photo. The only thing that nin.com gave away is the final letter. I think people are jumping to conclusions because the last letter on that shirt happens to be an "E."

EDIT: It (the official page) doesn't specify that the first three letters are "The" either. That's more of a common assumption by fans.
    It's bonkers that you think that, on the same day Trent teases the new album, his Instagram post prominently showing a partial word ending in E is just an unrelated coincidence that has nothing to do with anything. Like Trent said, "ooh, this album that already exists on vinyl is on vinyl again- I should probably take to Instagram for the first time in six months to show everybody! Ugh, there's something under the record that'll be in the picture, though; maybe I should move it. SCREW IT THERE'S NO TIME."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    It's bonkers that you think that, on the same day Trent teases the new album, his Instagram post prominently showing a partial word ending in E is just an unrelated coincidence that has nothing to do with anything. Like Trent said, "ooh, this album that already exists on vinyl is on vinyl again- I should probably take to Instagram for the first time in six months to show everybody! Ugh, there's something under the record that'll be in the picture, though; maybe I should move it. SCREW IT THERE'S NO TIME."
    I'm just suggesting that unlike some of us, Trent didn't think about it that much.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Next week

I'm just suggesting that unlike some of us, Trent didn't think about it that much.
    Man, the Year Zero ARG would've lasted about two seconds with you in charge:

Trent: Check out the differently colored letters on this t-shirt...
    sonic_discord: Nah, it's probably nothing.
    Trent: Oh. Well, fuck.

Face it, friend, THE EVIDENCE is overwhelming.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 07-09-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yeah, that dude definitely knows how crazy his fanbase is. There's no way he isn't at least thinking about what he's doing when leaving those letters in the picture. Even if it's just a troll.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    were those titles posted somewhere? like the reddit link before it was removed? are we thinking these are real or someone trolling?
    Yes, they were the song titles posted on the reddit page. I added the Deviations crap.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    haha story time please
    TR wanted Break leaked by Saul but from what I remember EYB and Levi didn't have access to upload it at the time, so I did it.

I think my original torrent is still up somewhere under the username analiencure. (Gary Numan song title, nothing to do with anal).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Instagram picture is definitely not an album cover, it's some kind of cloth... perhaps an Art is Resistance flag? A Presence shirt? What else would have the words "It lives!" said about it aside from the Year Zero story? Not to mention the blacked out/glitched out text on the NIN website. We all know that reoccuring themes are prevalent throughout the entire NIN discography so why not Year Zero?

Hey, maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm right? Who the hell knows? The only thing I know for sure is that we're all gonna enjoy the music or atleast complain about the music then enjoy it later.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 07-09-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If that "cloth thing" is a shirt, the text would be kind of weirdly placed, don't you think? It ends just above the hem of the shirt. I think it would be hilarious though if it were just a bag that said "THE/NEW EVIDENCE" and held the new EP.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Yeah, that dude definitely knows how crazy his fanbase is. There's no way he isn't at least thinking about what he's doing when leaving those letters in the picture. Even if it's just a troll.
    He's punishing us for the Sandbag thread for sure.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wonder if this EP will be played on Beats 1 again in full with an interview. Does anyone actually listen to Beats 1?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    He's punishing us for the Sandbag thread for sure.
    Punishing us for being upset over an overpriced subpar product delivered damaged for what seems to be an overwhelming majority. Something something wrong thread something something you get what you deserve something something you shoulda known by now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Man, the Year Zero ARG would've lasted about two seconds with you in charge:

Trent: Check out the differently colored letters on this t-shirt...
    sonic_discord: Nah, it's probably nothing.
    Trent: Oh. Well, fuck.

Face it, friend, THE EVIDENCE is overwhelming.
    The thing is, the ARG started out with something pretty obvious that led to a website which was very clearly connected (I was there for the whole thing and was a participating member on the old version of ETS back then). Plus, he's already done the ARG thing and why would he start a new one with the second EP and not the first one? Some of you guys just want to believe so badly you have blind faith in something that seems like a stretch to me. But I guess we'll see soon enough...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The official page breaks it down in blocks 3 blocks space 8 blocks with the last being E. What else could the first 3 blocks be other than THE? It would make no sense for it to be anything else. THE EVIDENCE and THE PRESENCE seem to be the best damn guesses at this point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    If that "cloth thing" is a shirt, the text would be kind of weirdly placed, don't you think? It ends just above the hem of the shirt. I think it would be hilarious though if it were just a bag that said "THE/NEW EVIDENCE" and held the new EP.
    It's most definitely the album cover. No way Trent would waste his time snapping that pic and placing it in that way and then adding the description and putting on instagram.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The thing is, the ARG started out with something pretty obvious that led to a website which was very clearly connected (I was there for the whole thing and was a participating member on the old version of ETS back then). Plus, he's already done the ARG thing and why would he start a new one with the second EP and not the first one? Some of you guys just want to believe so badly you have blind faith in something that seems like a stretch to me. But I guess we'll see soon enough...
    LOL, I was just having fun with you; no one thinks this is another ARG. We're just very very confident that Trent knows his fanbase and wouldn't put out a partially obscured word ending in an E in a post on the same day he teases the new EP by accident. He's done teasy things like this with almost every album since The Fragile; it's almost par for the course at this point.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for IT'S COCKLIKE, but just don't be surprised when we're back here in the next few days discussing ___ ____ENCE.