Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Got my PC today! I'm at a library right now, so I can't open it yet, but I...well...maybe just a peek...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    PC just arrived! Spoiler: I have the Anxiety, Presence, & Amplify Chaos labels. By the way, does anyone else have slightly faded text and image printing on the bottom of each page?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got mine today! I would post but don't know how to do this spoiler thing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodora View Post
    ["spoiler"]text["/spoiler"]

Do that without quotes

Spoiler: Pretty neat, huh?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarktrent View Post
    PC just arrived! Spoiler: I have the Anxiety, Presence, & Amplify Chaos labels. By the way, does anyone else have slightly faded text and image printing on the bottom of each page?
    I have faded printing on the inside of the cover page, but I can't make out what it says.

Anyone put this thing under a blacklight or heat?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodora View Post
    Someone else started a thread specifically for the ADD VIOLENCE Physical Component, btw, where you can feel free to talk about it without spoiler tags and the like. (And honestly, within a day or two, spoiler tags will probably be superfluous anyway.)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I have faded printing on the inside of the cover page, but I can't make out what it says.

Anyone put this thing under a blacklight or heat?
    I think @clarktrent was referring to the fact that the bottom of every page looks rubbed and worn, mine certainly does. I'll take some pictures if need be.

My inside label is also damaged/distressed looking. Not sure if that's natural because mine also has a tiny crease in it, which obviously wasn't intentional.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There's a few folks in this NIN Facebook group all angry about the physical component not being a CD. I don't get it. Obviously if it was a CD, it would have been labeled as such. It baffles the mind. Especially if they are mad at the band for their own stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a few folks in this NIN Facebook group all angry about the physical component not being a CD. I don't get it. Obviously if it was a CD, it would have been labeled as such. It baffles the mind. Especially if they are mad at the band for their own stupidity.
    I don't know, I'll admit to being a little confused when I got the NTAE PC and there wasn't a CD - had just interpreted "Physical Component" to mean the physical format. Still purchased the ADD VIOLENCE PC knowing it wouldn't be a CD, but I get their confusion.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridhavoc View Post
    I don't know, I'll admit to being a little confused when I got the NTAE PC and there wasn't a CD - had just interpreted "Physical Component" to mean the physical format. Still purchased the ADD VIOLENCE PC knowing it wouldn't be a CD, but I get their confusion.
    But isn't vinyl or even a cassette considered a psychical format as well? Why would CD only be considered physical?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridhavoc View Post
    But isn't vinyl or even a cassette considered a psychical format as well? Why would CD only be considered physical?
    i mean, also the fact that it doesn't say it's a CD? why would one assume it would be? a "physical component" doesn't imply something that holds music, it implies a companion item to go along with the digital download of the music.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got mine today. It's really nice. I think I like it more than the NTAE one

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    This is crazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Does anyone know if the t-shirts that were included with the combo packs have anything printed on the back?
    I just received my add violence shirt, not from the combo. It just says nin on the back.
    i just got the old closer to God shirt- same thing, no halo number any more.
    interesting, instead of a tag, there is a large nin logo and a huge indicator of size.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Can someone please explain why the This Isn't the Place music video needed a DP and a gaffer (or an editor, for that matter)? Isn't it just a 2D image zooming out and with a couple of LED animations?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Can someone please explain why the This Isn't the Place music video needed a DP and a gaffer (or an editor, for that matter)? Isn't it just a 2D image zooming out and with a couple of LED animations?
    Looks like augmented reality to me. No clue what they used.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Maybe the same reason The Slip had a credit for "Hair"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I think there's far more involved than simply taking a photo and adding a couple of animations. First of all, they would need to shoot a still image with an insane amout of resolution so they're able to maintain a 4K output. Otherwise you would never get this much sharpness in the beginning of the video.

I'd bet they shot this with an actual camera for filming purposes and an expensive zoom lens, maybe even shooting high frame rate and/or 8K. The footage has texture, it's organic, there's grain and it just doesn't feel like a still image to me. It also looks drastically different compared to the actual cover, which DOES look like a composite. That being said, there probably are animations involved to fix minor issues and a bit of reframing or adding a few lights.

So, why did they need a DP and a crew? Because that's still a pretty complicated video to shoot. You need to build a set, you need to set up lights, you need to set up a camera etc. And in the end someone has to edit everything in regards to grading and mastering and stuff.

All in all a crew of 3 people is very appropriate for something like this, nothing strange about it. Actually I'd say that's pretty effective for something a band as popular as NIN puts out.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    I think there's far more involved than simply taking a photo and adding a couple of animations. First of all, they would need to shoot a still image with an insane amout of resolution so they're able to maintain a 4K output. Otherwise you would never get this much sharpness in the beginning of the video.

I'd bet they shot this with an actual camera for filming purposes and an expensive zoom lens, maybe even shooting high frame rate and/or 8K. The footage has texture, it's organic, there's grain and it just doesn't feel like a still image to me. It also looks drastically different compared to the actual cover, which DOES look like a composite. That being said, there probably are animations involved to fix minor issues and a bit of reframing or adding a few lights.

So, why did they need a DP and a crew? Because that's still a pretty complicated video to shoot. You need to build a set, you need to set up lights, you need to set up a camera etc. And in the end someone has to edit everything in regards to grading and mastering and stuff.

All in all a crew of 3 people is very appropriate for something like this, nothing strange about it. Actually I'd say that's pretty effective for something a band as popular as NIN puts out.
    Thanks for the info! Yeah, I thought this was a composite as well, as there are two subtly different covers.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i mean, also the fact that it doesn't say it's a CD? why would one assume it would be? a "physical component" doesn't imply something that holds music, it implies a companion item to go along with the digital download of the music.
    Not to mention that by now there may be actual human beings that don't have CD players (or even a computer with a CD drive), who would then be irked that they can't play it. "Why couldn't they put in on a USB drive for God's sake?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For 2, I reckon it'll be With Teeth as we already had them release the Apple Music version of that (plus, commercially a good idea). Though I'd love Year Zero
    Holy fuck. I thought Deviations 2 was actually another Deviation from the very Fragile album, again. Turns out to be a series of Deviations, each to an album?

amazon now claims the CD release date has been pushed from Sept 1 to Sept 22...sounds like another sandbag moment..CD should be out somewhere around 2020
    You gotta be kidding me. I thought Reznor SAID CLEARLY AS THE SUNSHINE that NIN.com WOULD BE the first place to have it all before anyone else. Let's hope this is still true!

Does anyone actually think this will release on cd?
    Well, I read in NIN.com that CD would be real. So I think they meant it. Now I demand it.

I'm still curious to the "import" CD of NTAE and what the hell that is....
    Will the first EP have also a CD edition????
    Last edited by Quantum550; 08-16-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    Holy fuck. I thought Deviations 2 was actually another Deviation from the very Fragile album, again. Turns out to be a series of Deviations, each to an album?
    Nobody but the NIN camp knows for sure - only time will tell.

Will the first EP have also a CD edition????
    There's been an NTAE import CD on preorder at amazon.com for quite awhile now, but AFAIK there's never been any word from NIN as to whether it's official or not. Though at this point I'd be surprised if it wasn't: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VZ8V46

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    plays on iTunes for Less Than: 1382

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Less Than, This Isn't The Place, The Background World, jesus. Other two are good too, but those 3...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Nobody but the NIN camp knows for sure - only time will tell.

There's been an NTAE import CD on preorder at amazon.com for quite awhile now, but AFAIK there's never been any word from NIN as to whether it's official or not. Though at this point I'd be surprised if it wasn't: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VZ8V46
    I would have thought that Deviations 2 is linked still to The Fragile.
    But we will see. I don't see With Teeth getting a Deviation since most tracks are less experimental.
    The Fragile was a really 5 year gap of experimentation, and some songs could have more alternative versions
    Even thought of a "La Mer" Alternative Version clocking at 8:00?
    Even though there is another 5 year gap to the next album after Fragile, need to take into account Reznor getting off music for rehab, after 2000.

On the CD subject, I see that there are two dates now:
    1st SEP is scheduled for NTAE.
    22nd SEP is scheduled for AV.
    Either way I'm so fucking relieved there will be CD releases.
    Seems like some kind of management touched based with Amazon retail management to hook up the pre-orders.
    So this is like the real deal, and it seems that NIN.com is not the sanctuary of truth like we thought.
    People make mistakes all the time, so Reznor is not to blame... it's just "too many fucking people" to get the thing going.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 08-17-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    I would have thought that Deviations 2 is linked still to The Fragile.
    But we will see. I don't see With Teeth getting a Deviation since most tracks are less experimental.
    The Fragile was a really 5 year gap of experimentation, and some songs could have more alternative versions
    Even thought of a "La Mer" Alternative Version clocking at 8:00?
    Even though there is another 5 year gap to the next album after Fragile, need to take into account Reznor getting off music for rehab, after 2000.
    Take The Perfect Drug with remixes, Deep, the Still original tracks, We're In This Together tracks, Things Falling Apart tracks, and whatever additional material remixes is left into a double disc package... Deviations 2.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I thought this was a composite as well, as there are two subtly different covers.
    Hmm, having thought about it I may have to correct myself on this. The TITP video could very well be a composite of different shot sizes that were stitched together in post. That wouldn't be necessarily different to what I assumed before, just a better approach at achieving the big-ass zoom, which does look a little too perfect (= digital).

So, my final guess is that they set up a camera on a tripod, threw a zoom lens on it, shot a 5-minute clip with the closest zoom, then another clip with a little less zoom, then again another clip with a little less zoom ... until they're at the wide-angle shot at the end. Then they had everything they needed for creating a big composite where they could zoom in and out as they liked while still maintaining a high resolution output and having real video clips and not a still image.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Who else wants some multitracks for this baby. Give us everything, Trent. NTAE, too. I want to make a NIN remix album-worthy mix of a NIN song before I'm too poor to have a computer, and this is my favorite stuff in 15 years.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Are the Add Violence patches iron-on?