Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Just saw a comment on YouTube for THIS ISN'T THE PLACE video

"If a package of Sotirivol is this EP's physical component, I'm gonna freak"

HOW AMAZING WOULD THIS BE!?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I just realized that we haven't even seen the cover to add violence yet . The cover that we saw was the cover for the less than single.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I just realized that we haven't even seen the cover to add violence yet . The cover that we saw was the cover for the less than single.
    This was discussed on the ARG thread. Bottom line, we technically don't know anything until the EP is released, but it would be silly of them to have this as the photo for the EP if it wasn't the cover:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's the NINest of times, it's the ETS'd of times...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Just saw a comment on YouTube for THIS ISN'T THE PLACE video

"If a package of Sotirivol is this EP's physical component, I'm gonna freak"

HOW AMAZING WOULD THIS BE!?
    I was just thinking that there may be a pack of Sotirivol in there...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The listing for the CD on Amazon states that Capitol Records is associated with this release. Did we know that?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0741CSWW8...0404866&sr=8-1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The physical component is going to be instructions on how to use this synth board simulator, and there will be a link to a website where we will be able to play with this thing, and use the instructions to probably unlock something else.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    The physical component is going to be instructions on how to use this synth board simulator, and there will be a link to a website where we will be able to play with this thing, and use the instructions to probably unlock something else.
    Maybe I'll finally have a use for this thing: http://sonoio.org/suonoio/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Maybe 'The Lovers' is about Trump/Putin!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    The listing for the CD on Amazon states that Capitol Records is associated with this release. Did we know that?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0741CSWW8...0404866&sr=8-1
    I guess they shared the "LESS THAN" video on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/capitolreco...55619711696664

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    *edit* The mp3 & FLAC have lyrics embedded. Huzzah!
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 07-18-2017 at 07:21 PM. Reason: dumb software

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I've sat on this since yesterday, but when the back cover was revealed, when I go to save the file, the file name is 'back_cover_lessthan_web-700x637@2x'. The less than single is 'AV_front_cover_JUL_7_wip38_fin_2000x2000'. I don't know what to think anymore.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Do the mp3 files have lyrics embedded? The FLAC files do not, and it's a little annoying if there's a difference in the tags.
    From what I've seen, both the MP3 and FLAC have lyrics embedded. I'm on OSX and reviewed the tags using Jaikoz.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I guess they shared the "LESS THAN" video on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/capitolreco...55619711696664

I just wanted to add that nin.com website is being kept up to date by at least 3-4 people and two of them are working either for Capitol Records or Universal Music. I randomly found their names in the website's code.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Interesting. I'm using xACT to decode the FLAC and the lyrics are blank. Thanks for the tip!
    You might want to consider using XLD instead. I converted both FLACs to m4a using it and it preserved the lyrics tags on conversion.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    just jumping in here: Both singles released thus far end abruptly. I definitely think that on the EP they will continue on as longer versions.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    You might want to consider using XLD instead. I converted both FLACs to m4a using it and it preserved the lyrics tags on conversion.
    Yes! This was the culprit. Thanks!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    just jumping in here: Both singles released thus far end abruptly. I definitely think that on the EP they will continue on as longer versions.
    I think it's more indicative of the tracks flowing into one another, as he has done on previous works. Meaning, the EP itself will flow from start to finish; the breaks in these are random because we don't know what's before/after.
    Last edited by Bajoobatron; 07-18-2017 at 07:23 PM. Reason: clarity

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So...I did a little math. If AV is the same length as Broken and NTAE, that's 21 minutes. Both Broken and NTAE are pressed onto one side of a "12. If you add up the run time of "Less Than" (3:30), "This Isn't The Place" (4:44) and "The Background World" (11:44), we've got 20 minutes...leaving a minute for both "The Lovers" AND "Not Anymore".

Couple solutions: Either AV will be the first NIN EP not pressed onto one side of a "12 record, or more likely, Zane Lowe wasn't staring at the tracklist while listening and maybe "Not Anymore" bleeds into "The Background World".

Still, "The Lovers" is looking to be a ridiculously short song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    So...I did a little math. If AV is the same length as Broken and NTAE, that's 21 minutes. Both Broken and NTAE are pressed onto one side of a "12. If you add up the run time of "Less Than" (3:30), "This Isn't The Place" (4:44) and "The Background World" (11:44), we've got 20 minutes...leaving a minute for both "The Lovers" AND "Not Anymore".

Couple solutions: Either AV will be the first NIN EP not pressed onto one side of a "12 record, or more likely, Zane Lowe wasn't staring at the tracklist while listening and maybe "Not Anymore" bleeds into "The Background World".

Interesting! I'm willing to bet the first is true; that AV will be a slightly longer EP than NtAE.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Man, I seriously think most of the ammo is blown with the release of Place. Can't imagine there being a track that will top this one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Man, I seriously think most of the ammo is blown with the release of Place. Can't imagine there being a track that will top this one.
    I'm interested to know how you get from Less Than to this in one song

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post

Although technically not NIN, An Omen EP is double sided.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    True, and Fixed and Closer and a few other remix EPs have been double-sided 12", but I was only referring to the "main releases" from nin.com.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

TR isn't going to be worried about whether it can fit onto a single side of a 12" when he's composing the music. It'll just be split between the two sides. Maybe the final track will be the only one on the other side.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Okay, who else checked their inbox at noon today in fevered hope for another track?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadaloo View Post
    okay, who else checked their inbox, refreshed nin.com and twitter at noon today in fevered hope for another track?
    ftfy

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I hope this EP is released early in the day UK time as my kids break up for summer holidays that day and I will have NO chance to listen once that happens. I'd like a full day of child free listening

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    ftfy
    Also, had the email open in another tab, where it refreshes on its own, while doing everything else I need to do... Oh well.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I'm very excited about this EP, based off Less Than and This Isn't The Place. I have a feeling NIN have nailed it this time. This is NIN focused on songwriting more than strivng for new directions; although these songs do innovate in different ways. I love the level of polish and musicality to these songs. This is classic mode. Like I mean meat and potatoes focus on melody and song structure. This is what The Beatles did: focus on on writing the song first, and then add flourishes or production.