Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
Did anyone else feel that Stan and Peggy thing felt really forced and awkward? Really seemed like the writers just shoehorned that story in just to tie their stories up quickly.
I loved the finale over all but this was definitely the weakest aspect to me personally. I knew they were going to end up together but I think my problem was I never shipped it that heavily so to speak. I never felt romantic fire in them or something but I know we were supposed to. I do think Peggy finding love is the natural "conclusion" to her story though, but I agree there was something about the execution that lacked a little magic something to me. The acting was great though.

Anyways I'm sad to say goodbye to my favorite show. I am most perplexed by my love for Don as a person. I don't think I've ever read or seen anything where I felt that we got to know a character so intimately as a complex consciousness/person. Like that is a real ass dude. Ugh my tears. My favorite scene was the Don/Peggy phone call. Person to person. :')