Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Mad Men

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Best episode of the season thus far!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    That was a great midseason finale.

Very fucking upset that the rest won't be airing until Spring 2015.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The moon belongs to everyone... Got a little teary eyed towards the end. Loved it though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What a satisfying mid-season ending. I was terrified they'd leave some massive lingering threads or end with a humungous cliffhanger. Not that the wait until next year is going to be easy, but at least it will be tolerable.

Presuming the second half of this season is going to be as strong as the first, I have no reservations about calling Mad Men the best show on TV.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    What a satisfying mid-season ending. I was terrified they'd leave some massive lingering threads or end with a humungous cliffhanger. Not that the wait until next year is going to be easy, but at least it will be tolerable.

Presuming the second half of this season is going to be as strong as the first, I have no reservations about calling Mad Men the best show on TV.

I agree 100% with every statement in this post.

I thought cutting the season in half would be terrible because I am so used to how Mad Men paces its season. And though its been incredible so far this season I still felt that there was no way they would give me enough "closure" (w/e the fuck that means on this show LOL) to wait another year. Boy was I wrong. What a beautiful and emotional episode. And it was a huge end of sorts.

And good you shouldn't have reservations because it most certainly is.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This made me laugh more than it should have.

In other news: Mad Men Season 7, Part 1 hits stores tomorrow on DVD/Blu-ray!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

This made me laugh more than it should have.

In other news: Mad Men Season 7, Part 1 hits stores tomorrow on DVD/Blu-ray!
    picking it up after work tomorrow. Still one of my favorite shows, ever. Can't wait for the final episodes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    First episode of the final run was tonight. Not a spectacular episode, but decent. Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it supposed to be seven episodes? Did something change? They say there's five left... WTF?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think they said that there's five left before the finale, which would make a total of 6, but maybe I heard it wrong.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Sounded like they said five left. But maybe I jumped the gun before hearing the "before the finale" part. I didn't hear it though. If I did hear right, it could've been an error on their part.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Definitely 5 left before the finale. 7 eps have been confirmed.

Enjoyed the new episode. I always liked these "flash forward" episodes. Those mustaches though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The mustache on Roger is horrendous, heh. Not sure if it's still 1969, or not. My guess is 1970 (because of the style of the characters).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I started to watch last year and I've been slowly getting hooked to this series, to the point of straight binge-watching it whenever I had the chance. Pretty amazing stuff and I can't wait for the next episode.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It said four episodes left. Guess I was right about the final run only being six episodes. Maybe the finale will be two hours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    It said four episodes left. Guess I was right about the final run only being six episodes. Maybe the finale will be two hours?
    It's AMC being gimmicky with their wording. They said it's 4 episodes "until the series finale", so it's 4 episodes before the last episode (and 7 total). I was confused about it last week too.

The last episode is longer, but it's not 2 hours. I think Matt Weiner said it's 10 or 15 minutes longer.

Also that waitress storyline better pay off soon...I don't care about her or Megan at all.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ok, so there are 7 episodes
    tonight was Episode 11 and AMC said there are 2 episodes left, so we will get a Episode 12 and 13

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    that was beautiful beautiful BEAUTIFUL television. UGHHH UGHHH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    ok, so there are 7 episodes
    tonight was Episode 11 and AMC said there are 2 episodes left, so we will get a Episode 12 and 13
    And 14. There's 3 episodes left. The episodes are titled (in order): "Lost Horizon" (which Don watched in the first episode of the season), "The Milk And Honey Route" and "Person to Person"

Person to Person is the series finale and airs on May 17th. That and the episode before it are slightly longer than normal.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not ready for it to end, dammit! Wonder if the last three will take place before they're absorbed, or after. Would make sense to end the show along with Sterling Cooper. Either way, I'm sure it will be good (as usual).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And now it all falls apart... Fucked up episode (in a good way). Felt genuinely awful for Joan. Seems like Peggy is inevitably fucked as well. Don just does what he does and splits for a week or two, heh. Maybe he never goes back, or goes back long enough to tell them to go fuck themselves. And he finds the waitress and starts over.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    What a killer episode. I can't believe it's almost over. I've loved this series for a long time and consider it my favorite drama on TV right now. I'm not ready for the end, but I'm really enjoying getting there.

Also, the past two have had some of my favorite end credit songs of the series.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    is anyone else absolutely confused by AMC's marketing?

apparently there are TWO more episodes left.
    i could have sworn next week was going to be the last episode.
    but apparently there is another episode after next week's episode.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The way they worded it was bad. This week they clarified it a little better. What they should've done is just say "x episodes left of mad men". That's all you need to do. But, yeah, two episodes left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up costing them viewers for the finale. I've seen in both in this thread and on twitter how confused people are by AMC's wording. I would bet next week see's a big jump in viewership, then drops a bit for the finale.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Doubt it. If they hadn't added the "before the finale" part in the graphic, then yeah. But they finally did. It was the graphic that really caused the confusion. I genuinely got mad after the first episode when I saw it say "five episodes left". But, I think they caught it in time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I noticed that. Hopefully people won't be confused anymore.

I just read a review that made me think - has Don had his final interaction with the major characters? Considering what happened in the last episode, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't interact with most of them again.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think he'll go back at some point. Maybe the final episode. Pretty sure he's unemployed now though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I suspect he'll also go back in the final episode. "The Milk and Honey Route" is the title of the next episode, and is also the title of a story from the 30's about hobo's, so read into that what you will. I just think it would be pretty ballsy of Matt Weiner to have his main character not interact with the other important characters for the last two episodes.

Then again there's no way we don't see another Peggy/Don scene. But I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the last of Joan, for example.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think Joan is done for sure. Don has a shit ton of money to go do whatever he wants to. But maybe something bad end up happening to him in the next couple episodes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Weiner likes to troll fans with hints about their theories (like Megan being Sharon Tate and the numerous references to that in the show) and most recently with Don watching the plane then taking off out west, which I'm sure makes all the DB Cooper people happy.

I personally am pretty sure the ending is going to be ambiguous. Maybe not as much as the Sopranos, for example, but there will still be questions unanswered in the last shot.

Edit: Speaking of the ending, we've already seen the last of the hilarious "Next Time On Mad Men" clips at the end of the episodes. They don't play them for the last episode of the season (and especially not for the series finale).
    Last edited by Crazyman; 05-05-2015 at 06:27 PM.