So today I received my third Broken and Fragile LPs. The Fragile was almost perfect, the Broken LP, not so much. BUT, I am fucking DONE with Sandbag. I will not ask for another copy of Broken. I don't think they are capable of delivering a MINT copy. With that, I end my relationship with Sandbag. I will not purchase another LP from nin.com until they find another distributer. I guess I'll have to use my 20% on a fucking t-shirt. Sad. I know it's not Trent's fault, but he should have let us know that there was a problem and he should have promised a solution. As it is, nin.com continues to sell LPs from Sandbag. I guess he wants to continue pissing-off as many people as possible. I guess he's getting paid either way, but I'm sure this will affect future LP sales, deservedly so. I guess it's NIN apple music for me from now on.
Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
My 2017 nin.com vinyl shopping experience: I purchased the following vinyl records from nin.com in 2017: Broken, Downward Spiral, Fragile, Deviations, Not the Actual Events, Natural Born Killers, Prick (Color), and Lost Highway (Color). I won't go into any details of all the e-mails I had to sent, pictures I had to take, the responses I received that demonstrated they didn't even read my e-mail, etc. Many of these records had to be replaced because of terrible packaging. In the end, this is what I received:

-Broken (X3) (I'm awaiting my 3rd copy. The first two were damaged)
-Downward Spiral (X1) (My first copy was only slightly damaged and I didn't ask for a replacement)
-Fragile (X3) (I'm awaiting my 3rd copy. The first two were damaged)
-Deviations (X1 + X1 Cover) (My first copy was damaged and I received a replacement cover only)
-Not the Actual Events (X1) (My first copy was only slightly damaged and I didn't ask for a replacement)
-Natura Born Killers (X1) (My first copy was only slightly damaged and I didn't ask for a replacement)
-Prick (Color) (X2) (The first copy was damaged. I received a second copy which was only slightly damaged, so I didn't ask for a third)
-Lost Highway (Color) (X2) (The first copy was damaged. I received a second copy which was only slightly damaged, so I didn't ask for a third)

Before NIN switched to Sangbag, I received a beautifully packaged copy of Before the Flood. Perfect packaging box (box very sturdy and corners far away from record's corners). I was hoping the rest of my records would arrive in this same condition. Overall, this was a very disappointing year for buying NIN on vinyl. What made things worse was Sangbag not giving a fuck about appropriate packaging and Trent Reznor's Vinyl Statement about the great vinyl artwork! The statement is still there mocking us. Spend lots of money on vinyl because, even though the sound is shittier, it has better artwork than CD. Oh yeah, and we are going to ship them Media Mail and fuck up the condition of the artwork on your vinyl. Never in my life have I ever felt this ripped off. And I'm sad this happened with my favorite music act in the world. Buyer beware. Disappointed, Louis