Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandbag Watch - NIN and Sandbag part. Livenation picks up the pieces.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    If it were up to me, the vinyl would also include... a MP3/FLAC/WAV download option immediately after purchase - especially at this price point.
    But it did...

We've had those high quality downloads for 6 months now. If you never got a download code via email, you should probably write an email to Sandbag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My copy arrived yesterday afternoon. The top right corner was crushed, but even worse, all 4 records are so badly warped that they're pretty much unlistenable. Requested a replacement from Sandbag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How limited do you think the will be? It is still for sale as a preorder on nin.com. That would be the final smack in the face to those of us who bought it 6 months ago. I'm on vacation but my copy is waiting for me when I get home (someone brought the mail in!). I am looking forward to giving it a listen regardless of the underwhelming packaging.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    How in the fuck did anyone think boxing it like that would be a good idea?????????? No protective padding/tightly fitting it in a mailer is a recipe for disaster. Sandbag seems worse than Firebrand lol. I mean WTF?!
    Last edited by streetman; 07-02-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I can't imagine the amount of money that will be lost from this clusterfuck. They're gonna need tons of reprinted sleeves and discs. They already lost money due to refunds. Now this on top of it. I really don't understand how in the year 2017 we haven't perfected delivering vinyl properly. Are they trying to hunt down the cheapest distributor possible? Because it seems like any cost benefits from going cheap are lost when over half the items you ship out are arriving damaged and needing to be replaced. You pay top price for a product, it should be delivered in pristine condition. There really is no excuse. If you can't do that, you have no right being a record distributtor. This is one of the main reasons I gave up on records altogether. There's only so many shops and you have to be lucky to find a nice copy left. Then you're stuck shopping online and there's a good chance they'll arrive damaged. Would a proper size shipping box, bubblewrap, and some padding really destroy your profit margins? Firebrand and Sandbag seriously need to go down for good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solvethebox View Post
    How limited do you think the will be? It is still for sale as a preorder on nin.com. That would be the final smack in the face to those of us who bought it 6 months ago.
    It will be available in shops too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Everybody with damaged sleeves should know that if you put in a help ticket with photos of the damage and request a new sleeve, they'll send you one -- everyone who's done so so far has gotten quick responses saying so.
    I put in a ticket 3 days ago and haven't received anything more than the auto response...

I also ordered two copies in separate orders and only one of my tracking numbers ever showed movement (the other still says pre shipment) and they haven't responded as to why it hasn't actually shipped.

I really wish everyone would have been more patient with the other ass hats at this point because at least they had stellar packaging. Not like we would have seen the LPs prior to now anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymaskinen View Post
    It will be available in shops too.
    No way. I mean, that would be the icing on the 'Trent thinks we're morons' cake. "One time pressing" it's not the same as "One time run". So if advertised as "One time pressing", this could not be a more than 10,000-15,000 pcs edition. Now, has Trent found the way to make a first pressing of 100,000? Come on. This is the most false advertising release ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swd View Post
    No way. I mean, that would be the icing on the 'Trent thinks we're morons' cake. "One time pressing" it's not the same as "One time run". So if advertised as "One time pressing", this could not be a more than 10,000-15,000 pcs edition. Now, has Trent found the way to make a first pressing of 100,000? Come on. This is the most false advertising release ever.
    At least one local record store in Denmark say they will be getting it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How do you file a refund for damage I never even got the email saying it shipped or a tracking number. What cost less, better packaging or replacing half of your product do to damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since we all know there's going to be a next time, might I suggest a different plan going forward if anyone is watching out there?

$20 Digital version - for people who don't want a physical copy, don't have a record player, etc.
    $40-45 CD/Blu Ray version - choose a 3CD or 1 Blu Ray version. Put it in a nice clamshell case (similar to Pop Will Eat Itself's deluxe version of Anti Nasty League, perhaps). Or do some kind of fancy case with a nice booklet.
    $80 vinyl - for the people that want that.

Universal releases: no this track is only available to people who buy the most expensive version bullshit.

Better shipment of the albums/CDs so there are fewer mangled sleeves.

Maybe go back and offer Deviations 1 in the CD/BD configuration. I'm sure some of us would reflexively double dip.

Just my thoughts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Deviations 1, the art book. Self made, from the included PDF, on 80 lb paper weight.

I'm sure I'll be too busy spinning the vinyl to stop and look at it much though.

Last edited by nihilmatters; 07-02-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    I put in a ticket 3 days ago and haven't received anything more than the auto response...
    I submitted mine yesterday afternoon and only got an automated response as well. I'm hoping it's just because it's the weekend but the fact it's been three days for you with nothing makes me a little nervous. The worst part is that I don't know if I can/should open this because if I do, can I even get a replacement then? I assume I also wouldn't be able to send it back for a refund either if I open it...

What a shitshow.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    Deviations 1, the art book. Self made, from the included PDF, on 80 lb paper weight.

I'm sure I'll be too busy spinning the vinyl to stop and look at it much though.
    How much would that run you to do something like that? Just curious.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I submitted mine yesterday afternoon and only got an automated response as well. I'm hoping it's just because it's the weekend but the fact it's been three days for you with nothing makes me a little nervous. The worst part is that I don't know if I can/should open this because if I do, can I even get a replacement then? I assume I also wouldn't be able to send it back for a refund either if I open it...

What a shitshow.
    I don't see why they wouldn't accept open item returns on these. It's not like CDs where it's trivial to make a copy. Every retailer I've dealt with will accept "exact exchanges" for opened CDs...

On top of all that, everyone that ordered already has the digital files...

Has Sandbag actually said they won't exchange open vinyl, or was it just speculation by people in this thread?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    How much would that run you to do something like that? Just curious.

I used my employers' hardware for the printing, cutting & thermal binding...a nice benefit from my job.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A little late to the tapeworm/tension debate. My 2 cents...I'd rather have tension. Sure it's all over the Internet but I'd like it all in one spot on bluray, with pieces of all versions of the touring cycle. Fuck tapeworm, it was all hype. It's going to sound like a heavier puscifer (apc)with different vocalists. I couldnt give a shit about Anselmos vocals and the 2 songs we've heard that have origins from those sessions (passive and potions) suck imo. The whole time that was happening I kept thinking, I'd rather have more new nin. Then the apc remixes with lohner and puscifer comes out and I thought, TR was right to give up on this. Kinda lame. MJK was better before he was overexposed and in 3 bands. The other players in tapeworm never got me excited.

I'd rather have the de la rocha album leaked actually.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Has Sandbag actually said they won't exchange open vinyl, or was it just speculation by people in this thread?
    As far I know it was only people in this thread. I thought it was a little odd that they wouldn't do a return/exchange for an opened item but maybe because of the download card, it would preclude you from getting money back.

But you're right: we already got the digital files upon preordering so it's moot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In all honesty I don't know how to feel about it, on one hand I am quite happy to have it, it didn't really come damaged (at least for me), but at the same time 80 bucks+shipping for THAT is a bit...lets just say...a joke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The UK store sold this for £75 ($98) plus shipping. I knew I should have bought food that week.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    I used my employers' hardware for the printing, cutting & thermal binding...a nice benefit from my job.
    That's pretty awesome that you were able to do that, but laughable that you had to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, here's the thing. The UK pressing of Ghosts is $30 on the site when it's in stock. It's a double-gatefold with 2 LP's stuffed in each side and no extra goodies just like this, so production costs should be identical. Well, Deviations does have that one insert, so giving the benefit of the doubt, production for Deviations is maybe a dollar more (generously). That means we're paying $50 just for the exclusivity of the limited pressing. Which is fine. Trent has every right to charge whatever he feels is a fair price for something. I'm one of the ones who would've likely bought it anyway, just to have this halo. But, it sure would have been nice to know what we were getting ahead of time. After all the buildup, the package sure is underwhelming.
    Last edited by thatguymark; 07-02-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    You know, I was defending this shit for a while, but after watching my sexy tony slut open this shit it really ain't worth the price of admission. I've ordered about 26 Danzig vinyls in the last few months and they've all arrived in perfect condition.

what the mother fucking fuck Trent/Sandshit?
    Whoa there, calm the fuck down! TONY IS PURE!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Whoa there, calm the fuck down! TONY IS PURE!
    Mmm mmm *snaps fingers z-style* did you see that boy's legs? He is not pure. That boy's got the devil in him.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

is the packaging minimal? yes. does that fit with the theme of it being an instrumental version of an album? absolutely. am i still mad i paid $80 for this? emphatically, no, because it sounds fucking incredible. fancy vinyl packaging is just icing on the cake, and this cake is so delicious and flavorful that too much icing would be overwhelming.

(i will say, though, that it should have been packaged better for shipping. that's really my only complaint.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah

This, from my experience, is very uncharacteristic of The Rez and His Nine Inch Nails. I'm gonna hold off complaining for a while. Member, this is not the Actual Events...

Oh yeah, mine was in good shape when it arrived. Just to let folks know. Sorry to those with effed up copies.

I've been waiting 17 yrs for this and it's amazing. All I can say is that i'd love a cd version for my car.
    Last edited by GroundChuck; 07-02-2017 at 04:33 PM. Reason: didnt wanna post again; stoned

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

My copy came Friday. The corners are a little banged up but not as bad as most of the pics I've seen. I'm waiting until the copy I ordered this week shows up to open the one that's more damaged, if that's the case

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

detail shot of the labels. i know someone already did this but i just love them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I ordered one for myself and my brother ordered one for me. Since it was around Christmas and he wanted it delivered fast he spent $30 on expedited shipping. He didn't know it was not already available. Now, mine got here already and the express shipping one doesn't even have a tracking number. I was sooooo excited to see mine and was TOTALLY let down when it was in absolute SHIT-SHAPE! Over the years I have always felt that NIN had leg up on other brands when it came to quality. This is such a freaking disgrace in my opinion. I hope they make this right somehow besides a coupon that doesn't even work on newer items. While a bit redundant of what I just said here is what I emailed to the distributor: "I just received my vinyl and I could not be more disappointed. I am honestly in disbelief. 3 months late with a coupon that doesn't even apply to half the store? Did I mention the record is in absolute shit-shape? I paid $80 for a record that arrives in about a 6/10 condition. This is literally one of my favorite records of all time and I want to love it. I was fine with waiting because I assumed it was a quality issue. I cant imagine how bad the first iteration was if this is what is considered to be "quality". I haven't even put it on the turntable because I'm just in shock that this is what I waited for. I hope someone will make this right. I really do. I've spent a lot of money over the years supporting the NIN brand but this is just aweful. I'm not trying to be a dick here. You know that saying that real friends tell you the truth? Well, I'm trying to be a good friend here. As nicely as I can put it, the music is great. The physical release is a disgrace. I don't want my money back but I would really appreciate this being fixed." Maybe this is the catalyst I needed to finally just give in and stop buying physical formats and just get downloads. Even in PERFECT condition this was worth about $40 at most.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    This, from my experience, is very uncharacteristic of The Rez and His Nine Inch Nails. I'm gonna hold off complaining for a while. Member, this is not the Actual Events...

Oh yeah, mine was in good shape when it arrived. Just to let folks know. Sorry to those with effed up copies.

I've been waiting 17 yrs for this and it's amazing. All I can say is that i'd love a cd version for my car.
    Why do you need a cd for you car? You have the digital versions and I assume a CD burner.