Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2239

Thread: Sandbag Watch - NIN and Sandbag part. Livenation picks up the pieces.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Thanks Trent.

So today I received my third Broken and Fragile LPs. The Fragile was almost perfect, the Broken LP, not so much. BUT, I am fucking DONE with Sandbag. I will not ask for another copy of Broken. I don't think they are capable of delivering a MINT copy. With that, I end my relationship with Sandbag. I will not purchase another LP from nin.com until they find another distributer. I guess I'll have to use my 20% on a fucking t-shirt. Sad. I know it's not Trent's fault, but he should have let us know that there was a problem and he should have promised a solution. As it is, nin.com continues to sell LPs from Sandbag. I guess he wants to continue pissing-off as many people as possible. I guess he's getting paid either way, but I'm sure this will affect future LP sales, deservedly so. I guess it's NIN apple music for me from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    My 2017 nin.com vinyl shopping experience: I purchased the following vinyl records from nin.com in 2017: Broken, Downward Spiral, Fragile, Deviations, Not the Actual Events, Natural Born Killers, Prick (Color), and Lost Highway (Color). I won't go into any details of all the e-mails I had to sent, pictures I had to take, the responses I received that demonstrated they didn't even read my e-mail, etc. Many of these records had to be replaced because of terrible packaging. In the end, this is what I received:

-Broken (X3) (I'm awaiting my 3rd copy. The first two were damaged)
    -Downward Spiral (X1) (My first copy was only slightly damaged and I didn't ask for a replacement)
    -Fragile (X3) (I'm awaiting my 3rd copy. The first two were damaged)
    -Deviations (X1 + X1 Cover) (My first copy was damaged and I received a replacement cover only)
    -Not the Actual Events (X1) (My first copy was only slightly damaged and I didn't ask for a replacement)
    -Natura Born Killers (X1) (My first copy was only slightly damaged and I didn't ask for a replacement)
    -Prick (Color) (X2) (The first copy was damaged. I received a second copy which was only slightly damaged, so I didn't ask for a third)
    -Lost Highway (Color) (X2) (The first copy was damaged. I received a second copy which was only slightly damaged, so I didn't ask for a third)

Before NIN switched to Sangbag, I received a beautifully packaged copy of Before the Flood. Perfect packaging box (box very sturdy and corners far away from record's corners). I was hoping the rest of my records would arrive in this same condition. Overall, this was a very disappointing year for buying NIN on vinyl. What made things worse was Sangbag not giving a fuck about appropriate packaging and Trent Reznor's Vinyl Statement about the great vinyl artwork! The statement is still there mocking us. Spend lots of money on vinyl because, even though the sound is shittier, it has better artwork than CD. Oh yeah, and we are going to ship them Media Mail and fuck up the condition of the artwork on your vinyl. Never in my life have I ever felt this ripped off. And I'm sad this happened with my favorite music act in the world. Buyer beware. Disappointed, Louis

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Where's @teitan ??? I thought he was part of the NIN camp or Trent incarnate or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag
    I did not personally issue the refund
    BAWHAHAHAHA! Hold me, sandbag just keeps giving. Legend.
    They did it again.

I asked them "Why are you unable to look up my order cancellation with the paypal transaction id?", and they said:
    I don't have the credentials to check PayPal - it's our account department that deal with that.
    If this person worked the phones at a pizza place, they would respond to "You can add pineapple to that?" with "No, I don't personally work in the kitchen, so I can't personally add pineapple to that".

They completely ignored my question asking why replacements were sent before my order, so I replaced the word "you" with "you as in Sandbag, not you personally".

I will send the sticker pack to you today.

I hope you will receive your sticker pack soon and your next encounter with us is more positive.
    I also ordered a sticker pack in the same order, and despite being told it would ship in August, they shipped it yesterday, I guess they coincidentally happened to get a shipment in on the exact same day I emailed them. What are the odds?!

"Next encounter"? I hope Trent finds a different fucking merch company by then. I'm not even going to hope for a competent one. I'm happy to roll a die on anyone different for a chance of finding one that can count.

What I'm particularly mad about is these two facts:
    * They sent some people 2 of what I ordered, while sending me 0.
    * They magically are able to ship the sticker pack on the day I email them.

With these facts in mind:
    * If I had emailed them last week - would I have received one of the remaining Lost Highway Color Vinyls instead of someone else?
    * Did someone who emailed them last week for a replacement receive the last copy?

Why the fuck was this situation possible?
    Why the fuck wouldn't replacements be issued solely from excess stock?
    Why the fuck wouldn't replacement orders be added to END of the line?
    Last edited by camebackhaunted; 10-13-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is so awful, it's insane. It's like a sick joke. I asked which items were refunded, but I didn't get an answer. After reading your correspondence, I can see that trying to get any more information is futile!

I did just now receive a shipping notification for one shirt, of which I had ordered two. I received two separate refunds, so maybe one was for the second shirt, but the order was for six items, and I'm still in the dark as to what the second refund was for...and why they are shipping one shirt by itself. I'm fully expecting another unexpected refund in another six months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, Im at work today. Had a parcel I was expecting show up, then an hour later a dude shows up wite a delivery for me. I open it up and it’s another copy of NTAE (which makes 3 total, 1 bashed to fuck, 1 replacement that
    I received months ago, and this one). Apparently on top of not being able to deliver products, they also can’t not deliver products.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is by far the worst experience I have had with ordering music online . I ordered Broken EP in August and I got it in a reasonable time frame . NTAE I ordered before that in July and guess what it's a no show . Shitbag Said it probably got lost in the mail ,and they will send a,replacement,this was in September,and still a no show. I had to e mail them 2 weeks ago to see if it even shipped and they said it did ship ,but of course I never received a shipping notice. For me this is my last time ordering off nin.com once I revive NTAE whenever that will be.
    On the plus side I'll more thank likely end up with 2 NTAE Vinyls,has this situation happend to anyone else in the UK or Ireland?
    Last edited by Throw It Away; 10-11-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope this post I'm about to make is taken more with a "There is hope" than a "Fuck this guy, is he being a dick" reception.

I have in my possession Not The Actual Events, Broken, The Fragile, The Downward Spiral, Welcome Oblivion, and Lost Highway in what I would consider to be mint condition. I also have Deviations 1 which has a damaged corner.

My initial order back in December of 2016 was for Broken, NTAE both vinyl and physical component, and Deviations 1. I think I received the NTAE physical component first, right around the time it was first reported people were receiving those. Deviations 1 came after that, and yes the sleeve was damaged in one corner but vinyl was intact and I shrugged and said "Yeah, that happens to vinyl sleeves" as I have a decent vinyl collection and most are used or hand-me-downs with the same damage to the sleeve. Granted, it's new and not cheap, and I get that. I personally don't care but I can absolutely understand why someone would.

It took a long time to get Broken and NTAE. But, they arrived in mint condition. I ordered Welcome Oblivion and Lost Highway when they became available and received those in a very timely manner, also mint. After receiving Broken and finding myself impressed with the Definitive Edition concept, decided to get The Fragile and TDS despite already owning versions of them on vinyl. Received them in about a week, also mint condition.

I understand there are many who aren't receiving this level of service and maybe I'm an asshole for rubbing it in. That's not my intention. There are people who are getting things in great condition and in a timely manner now at least, is really all I'm trying to add to the conversation. Sorry to those who have been through a rough time with the situation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, I thought this was just a complaints thread, but if it's a conversation...

Others: I ordered a pizza, and they served me a steaming pile of shit. Then they sent out a new pizza and it was okay.

Me: The restaurant took my order, then several hours later told me that they were out of pizza, but I saw them take replacement pizzas to several people. I think they should be able to count how many pizza bases they have left before taking an order, and I also think they should send out pizzas to people have received nothing before sending out replacements.

You: My order was perfect, it was the best pizza I had in my life, I understand there are many who aren't receiving this level of service and maybe I'm an asshole for rubbing it in. That's not my intention. There are people who are getting pizzas in great condition and in a timely manner now at least, is really all I'm trying to add to the conversation.

If a restaurant is serving steaming piles of shit to 1% of people, and making other people wait ridiculous amounts of time before telling them there is no stock, then it doesn't matter how delicious their pizza is on the odd occasion they get it right.
    It fucking perplexes me when I see a group of restaurant reviews with most people saying it's shit, then a new review giving them 5 stars. If it's not a shill, do they think that their good experience matters when most people agree the restaurant sucks?

The conversation I would like to have is:

Does anyone think it's OKAY that Sandbag are sending 2 items to some people, while sending 0 of the same item to other people?
    Does anyone think it's OKAY that Sandbag are sending replacement orders immediately instead of added them to END of the line?
    Does anyone think it's OKAY that Sandbag are cancelling orders so that people with dented edges get mint replacements?

For the record, I'm not mad at people for asking for or receiving replacements for dented edges. I'm mad at Sandbag for prioritising those replacements over people who haven't received anything at all, and then cancelling orders when they run out of stock because they sent all their remaining stock out as replacements.

Edit:
    Sandbag are now claiming that they took my order because they were expecting another shipment of Vinyls, but cancelled my order because they were told no more were coming.
    * Sandbag have not addressed how they were able to send replacement orders if they were out of stock.
    * Sandbag have not addressed why it took them 3 months to realise they were not going to fulfill the order.
    * Sandbag have not addressed why they said they were going to send the sticker pack in August, but then only sent it when I emailed them. "Stickers are available for all customer orders" is all they have said, which doesn't explain a damn thing.
    * Sandbag have neither confirmed nor denied my theory that they prioritise the orders of anyone who emails them.
    * Sandbag have neither confirmed nor denied my theory that the real reason for the cancellation is because they prioritised replacements over original orders, and sent replacement orders during the 3 months I was waiting for my order.

Last edited by camebackhaunted; 10-13-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Since the vinyl for AV has been announced and it's up for preorder elsewhere but not on the nin store, I think Trent is getting rid of them soon. That and almost everything being "sold out." He's clearing the palate for someone else

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Uh. OK.
    So I've been home all evening. My parents came home from doing whatever and tell me they found a package in our porch. Sure enough it's one of them shitty-ass Euro LP mailers and with a Belgium return address. Open it up and it's a sealed copy of TF: Deviations 1. Still beat up a bit w/ one crimped-ass corner and creases diagonally across the top left. No packing slip or anything. I never got any email notice either. I know at one point weeks and weeks ago, Sand(Shit)bag tweeted back at me that they'd replace the damaged replacement jacket they had sent weeks prior to that.

I feel like I've entered Bizarro World or something.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yesterday, I came home to a package from Sandbag at my door. I had no idea why. I haven't placed any orders since the Add Violence PC, and before that, I'd cancelled all of my outstanding ones (which I then still received, despite getting a full refund).

I opened the box.

It was a copy of Fragile: Deviations 1.

I now have 3 full copies with all LPs and one replacement sleeve.

I've paid for none of them, they've just all been sent to me, and I originally paid for the first one, but they refunded me for it (despite saying they couldn't) anyway.

I don't know what to do with them anymore. I'm almost getting annoyed. I might have to build a fort or something. If it was a decent and reasonable company I'd let them know but I know that I'd have to jump through so many hoops just to send these things back that it's not worth the time. I feel like by the end of the year I'll have 5 that I never asked for sitting around. The fact that this keeps happening and yet there are people still waiting on replacements is ridiculous. I guess I shouldn't be complaining that I got free records but it is just so baffling. No matter what other company Trent goes with he needs to make sure it isn't one that'll be tossing random free shit out and into the post and burning money on this stuff. It was a priority package, too. Same terrible mailer, somehow in great quality.

I want the packages to stop. I feel like that scene in that Harry Potter thing where the house gets bombarded in letters but it's just Deviations. They said "Once it's gone, it's gone," but it just keeps coming. Is this some weird attempt to make me relate to the ending of The Wretched? Is this some bizarre passive aggressive form of gift-giving? Why does this keep happening?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Yesterday, I came home to a package from Sandbag at my door. I had no idea why. I haven't placed any orders since the Add Violence PC, and before that, I'd cancelled all of my outstanding ones (which I then still received, despite getting a full refund).

I opened the box.

I've paid for none of them, they've just all been sent to me, and I originally paid for the first one, but they refunded me for it (despite saying they couldn't) anyway.

I don't know what to do with them anymore. I'm almost getting annoyed. I might have to build a fort or something. If it was a decent and reasonable company I'd let them know but I know that I'd have to jump through so many hoops just to send these things back that it's not worth the time. I feel like by the end of the year I'll have 5 that I never asked for sitting around. The fact that this keeps happening and yet there are people still waiting on replacements is ridiculous. I guess I shouldn't be complaining that I got free records but it is just so baffling. No matter what other company Trent goes with he needs to make sure it isn't one that'll be tossing random free shit out and into the post and burning money on this stuff. It was a priority package, too. Same terrible mailer, somehow in great quality.

I want the packages to stop. I feel like that scene in that Harry Potter thing where the house gets bombarded in letters but it's just Deviations. They said "Once it's gone, it's gone," but it just keeps coming. Is this some weird attempt to make me relate to the ending of The Wretched? Is this some bizarre passive aggressive form of gift-giving? Why does this keep happening?
    this was even better to read than yesterday when you initially told me you got yet another copy. i'm cracking up over here.

also, you could build a fort for your dogs, that'd be pretty cute.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post

kleiner, if you're not planning to send your extra copies of Deviations back I'll totally shoot you some money to cover shipping and whatnot if you wanted to send me one haha. Just saying

This whole firebrand/sandbag/nin store fiasco is kind of comical. Or at least it would be, if people weren't getting screwed out of orders and/or damaged product delivered.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So I just received a brand new copy of Deviations 1 from Sandbag's UK distribution center. I requested a second replacement sleeve months back when the first replacement arrived in worse shape than the original.

This new copy is in pretty decent shape, especially considering the trans-Atlantic trip.

Sandbag is one of the most disorganized/worst in general companies I've ever dealt with.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Sandbag is one of the most disorganized/worst in general companies I've ever dealt with.
    Kim, seemingly the bitch in charge over at Sandbag, admitted to me that every order they inherited from Firebrand was on paper, there were 50,000 of them, they made no attempt to digitize them (ya know so they could properly fulfill orders and answer customer questions), and said they have no control over “who” ships these orders or when or where in line any order is in order to give an eta, nor do they have access to tracking #s after the fact (I was provided with 2 tracking numbers that haven’t moved in nearly 3 months and they couldn’t explain why). Any orders placed after the change from Firebrand to Sandbag is actually “in their system” and sounds like they are taking priority over former Firebrand orders for some reason.

Seriously, fuck these guys. I really hope that we’re on to vendor #3 by the time the next round of DE vinyl are released. TR and Co should also have these in stock prior to taking new orders. Needless to say, this preorder situation is proving to be a nightmare.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I changed the thread title again.

It's solely a rumor and I haven't heard anything else, but it really does seem like Sandbag exhausted their vinyl supply with replacements and have now issued refunds instead. That's disturbing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post

It's solely a rumor and I haven't heard anything else, but it really does seem like Sandbag exhausted their vinyl supply with replacements and have now issued refunds instead. That's disturbing.
    HOLY FUCK

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post

Rumor noted, but all of the vinyl? Is this alluding to a new vendor then too?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm basing this on what I've read in this thread. It's bad.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Now I kinda wished I placed an order through sandbag for something, I want piles of free vinyl

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Now I kinda wished I placed an order through sandbag for something, I want piles of free vinyl
    I'm in the handful of people that they didn't fuck up with. I too would like piles of vinyl I never ordered.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I'm in the handful of people that they didn't fuck up with. I too would like piles of vinyl I never ordered.
    You probably should have gotten damaged items. It seems like most of this were replacements that got sent and sent and sent

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    You probably should have gotten damaged items. It seems like most of this were replacements that got sent and sent and sent
    Nah, they owe me a replacement of Deviations. They've just not sent it (along with my t-shirt).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    While here I am, still with a banged-to-shit Deviations and no sign of the replacement sleeve they promised "in a few days" back on Jul 3rd...
    To say nothing about the replacement for a banged up The Fragile DE, and a broken Broken EP...

I would LOVE to just get buried in replacement albums I never asked for. Hell, maybe some of those piles of unexpected replacements were supposed to go to me. Sandbag seems completely confused on how I haven't received any replacement shipments. I guess on their end, they think they sent them out.

But they are offering me a 20% discount on my order instead if I'd like! Yay?
    Last edited by GentlemanLoser; 10-16-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What I meant but stated poorly was that with a damaged item you might get five copies. Or you might get nothing. It's a gamble. But if it came right the first time (or close enough that you didn't complain), you got what you got. At least that's how it's seemed to me but if someone got their items right the first time and still got multiple copies, then I'm just wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have now joined the multiple copies club!

Their first attempt at sending me Not The Actual Events was a tracking number that never updated, so they resent it - with a working tracking number - and it arrived a month ago.

But despite that second tracking number clearly saying "delivered", another one arrived today, this one without tracking.
    (When I saw the box, I was really hoping it would be my cancelled Lost Highway Color Vinyl...)

I look forward to receiving another copy of Not The Actual Events every month from now.

If they ever completely run out of copies of Not The Actual Events, I'll send my spare to someone here.

edit: btw, this is a different-style mailer, with a lot of extra space at the edges to prevent damage, and designed in such a way that it is impossible for the contents to slip out - the box itself had crumbled corners, but because of the inch+ of space, the vinyl sleeve itself is fine.
    Last edited by camebackhaunted; 10-17-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    These repeated damaged shipments really do coincide with the cyclic sound in the end of "Background world", don't they?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Came home to ANOTHER copy of Deviations sitting at my front door. This marks the 3rd copy I have received from ShitBag and this too came with damage....so much for this being a limited release.

If anyone has an extra copy of NTAE 12" and didn't get a copy of Deviations, PM me and lets work out a trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First post after finding this forum (and associated thread) out of sheer frustration.

I have ordered and received as many NIN vinyl albums as many of you, and have gone through the treadmill of photograph / submit email / receive damaged replacement after dropping hundreds of dollars. The point of ordering directly from the artist was (I thought) to directly fund the artist, and receive undamaged, mint items instead of going to an online vendor with another round of markups.

My copies of Deviations, Fragile and Broken were all packaged in the same thinwall box and quite heavy. Of course all were damaged at the corners, and of course all needed to be replaced. They kind of were. The replacements were sent in the same packaging, damaged in the same way. At this point, I'm hearing the vinyl supplies have run out, so only sleeves are available. When I explained my desire to get a mint, unopened copy of a $80 limited edition, they replied that there were only two routes of action - a refund, or replacement sleeve. If I'm collecting vinyl, I'd like to keep the unopened version - or if I were to play the vinyl, I'd like to revel in the artwork while listening to the music.

From the NIN store:
    VINYL MISSION STATEMENT

In these times of nearly unlimited access to all the music in the world, we’ve come to appreciate the value and beauty of the physical object. Our store’s focus is on presenting these items to you. Vinyl has returned to being a priority for us - not just for the warmth of the sound, but the interaction it demands from the listener. The canvas of artwork, the weight of the record, the smell of the vinyl, the dropping of the needle, the difficulty of skipping tracks, the changing of sides, the secrets hidden within, and having a physical object that exists in the real world with you… all part of the experience and magic.

Digital formats and streaming are great and certainly convenient, but the ideal way I’d hope a listener experience my music is to grab a great set of headphones, sit with the vinyl, drop the needle, hold the jacket in your hands looking at the artwork (with your fucking phone turned off) and go on a journey with me.
    -Trent Reznor

I realise I'm echoing the displeasure of many with my first post here. But is there any way to escalate the concern, try to field a message directly to Trent or the band, as I'm not sure he's fully aware this has been happening?

In contrast to this debacle, I've ordered other limited editions from different artists (at their respective websites), which were far better protected during shipping, and arrived unscathed. I'm unsure the course of action here, as the communication seems to be reaching a limited crew of people throwing vinyl into the mail and sleeves effectively into the trash.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksonar View Post
    I realise I'm echoing the displeasure of many with my first post here. But is there any way to escalate the concern, try to field a message directly to Trent or the band, as I'm not sure he's fully aware this has been happening?
    Hes aware of it, trust me. It's a bit of an open secret that he has a username on this forum.