Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Curve

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I waver, at times between whether Curve or NIN are my favorite band. I think it’s largely a mood thing. I saw them live a couple of times back in Chicago (once at the Double Door and once at the House Of Blues), have my name in the liner notes of Way of Curve, follow Dean with STFU and SPC ECO (and more) kind of like a religion.

Havent bought the reissues largely because Dean mentioned that they weren’t really remastered, and I’ve already got everything on them. But am still quite tempted because other than the physical copy of the Superblaster single, I do have everything.

I got into both NIN and them roughly around the same time (‘92), for completely different reasons. But the common threads, the wall of noise, the impeccable studio wizardry and recording techniques, the continuous evolving growth from style to style. I do love and miss Curve like no other band.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    sorry for the shameless self promotion, but we just released a remix of our track 'feral haze' that was done by none other than Dean Garcia:

https://theharrownyc.bandcamp.com/tr...aze-animal-mix

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    sorry for the shameless self promotion, but we just released a remix of our track 'feral haze' that was done by none other than Dean Garcia:

https://theharrownyc.bandcamp.com/tr...aze-animal-mix
    This kicks ass. For real. Ominous as hell.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    This kicks ass. For real. Ominous as hell.
    thanks, man! i jumped at the chance to work with him, and it's funny that he chose this song from our LP, as the high guitar hook was directly inspired by ' .'

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    listening to all your stuff now. You should have told me you had a band when we linked up this summer!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Fun fact, The Curve were originally supposed to be the band in The Crow, but for whatever reason Medicine were used instead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm a big fan of Frequency and Amplitude for the PS2, and Worst Mistake has always been one of my favorite songs from these games

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Fun fact, The Curve were originally supposed to be the band in The Crow, but for whatever reason Medicine were used instead.
    FUCK! I like Medicine, but Curve would have been AWESOME in The Crow.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Doppelganger is one of the greatest albums ever. I love Garbage, but this album is better. Doesn't sound like it's 25 years old. It's timeless.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Curve were originally supposed to be the band in The Crow
    That's pretty wild. Just out of interest, what's the source on that? Oh, what could have been...

Anyway... Dean posted on FB yesterday to say that he's looking into reissuing Open Day At The Hate Fest and The New Adventures Of Curve, so why not chip in with some feedback?
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...57177444330655

No vinyl I'm afraid, for those who are into all that, but I'd take a nicely mastered set with a handful of bonus tracks and some nice sleeve notes and artwork.

Presumably Come Clean and Gift are still under Universal (?) ownership, although they are both up on Bandcamp. I don't know how these things work...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    That's pretty wild. Just out of interest, what's the source on that? Oh, what could have been...

Anyway... Dean posted on FB yesterday to say that he's looking into reissuing Open Day At The Hate Fest and The New Adventures Of Curve, so why not chip in with some feedback?
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...57177444330655

No vinyl I'm afraid, for those who are into all that, but I'd take a nicely mastered set with a handful of bonus tracks and some nice sleeve notes and artwork.

Presumably Come Clean and Gift are still under Universal (?) ownership, although they are both up on Bandcamp. I don't know how these things work...
    If my memory is correct it's on the dvd commentary.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    it's on the dvd commentary.
    Ah, thanks - I've never heard that. Must try and track it down now. I'm sure I had a copy of The Crow on DVD at some point, but don't recall any extras...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Ah, thanks - I've never heard that. Must try and track it down now. I'm sure I had a copy of The Crow on DVD at some point, but don't recall any extras...
    Have the two disc version, it had some commentaries and the scenes with Skull Cowboy. While Curve would have been cool, Medicine was awesome too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I guess anyone who cares about Curve keeps up to date via Facebook where Dean updates, but I don't go there often so thought I'd share just in case...
    Dean has been digging through 'the vaults' looking at old material on DAT. I think there was some mention of live stuff, which I'm most interested in, but for now we've just had an original studio mix of the Blindfold EP - here --> https://curve.bandcamp.com/ Not had a listen yet, but on principal I'm all over this.
    Probably worth keeping an eye on for more of the same too.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Dean is the perfect example for me on how you handle a legacy with dignity and keeping in touch with fans. I'm not too invested in his solo works, feel free to give me a headstart anyone? But I love that he's also not promising too much and underdelivering. I like that!

Looking forward to what he's been digging through and if something nice comes out of it. Curve is one of those bands that I find myself appreaciating for a few weeks once or twice a year.
    Last edited by dlb; 08-04-2020 at 08:50 AM.