Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jinsai

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Thanks!

Also, our records are done and ready to pick up, so we should be updating our store tomorrow to take orders if anyone wants to buy one!
    yessssssssssss!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    dude i will absolutely buy one once i have the money, and not just because i know you here. i'm a lifelong musician myself and i don't bullshit people, and man, you got it.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    dude i will absolutely buy one once i have the money, and not just because i know you here. i'm a lifelong musician myself and i don't bullshit people, and man, you got it.
    Thank you! I really appreciate it.

aaaaaaand, you can now buy our vinyl LP on our website if you're so inclined!
    sorry the site isn't the prettiest. I'm not the best at making internets, but it's not an april fools joke.

We should start shipping them out tomorrow

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Thank you! I really appreciate it.

aaaaaaand, you can now buy our vinyl LP on our website if you're so inclined!
    sorry the site isn't the prettiest. I'm not the best at making internets, but it's not an april fools joke.

We should start shipping them out tomorrow
    as soon as my new credit card statement starts on the 10th, i am buying this puppy.

...now i want a real puppy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this music is fantastic, Jinsai. Purchased both albums through amazon mp3. enjoying them thoroughly, especially 24/05!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just bought the vinyl! can't wait to hear it.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    thanks man! I sent out the record today, should get to you soon.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got my copy today and i have nothing but good things to say about it.

anyone who likes music that blends the organic with the electronic, the upbeat with the melancholy, and the awesome with the awesome should give it a listen!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    my new band played our first live show tonight. I might upload a video clip later, but it was a good time. More like a trial run to get the led out, but if you're in the Los Angeles area and want to come out, we're doing a show on thursday, June 26th at the Good Hurt club. Sort of a belated record release / first real live show.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally spun your album on vinyl yesterday. sounded PRISTINE. seriously. also, my fiancee really liked it!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Thanks! I'm really happy with how the record cut came out. Kevin Gray is awesome.

also, I put together a quick flyer for our upcoming show, and I liked it, so...

Anyone in the LA area, come by! I'm currently trying to get the sync'd video stuff to work (anyone who knows about glitching/manipulating video plz send me a message w/ any tips!?)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, anyone in the Los Angeles area, we're playing our last show in a while tonight 8/21/14 at a club in Glendale called Complex. We get on somewhere from 11 to 11:30, and it's free.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    noise and me messing with some loops over guitar loops and other noise, and live video playback during an extended jam session we did, at a club that is sadly now about to close their doors forever.
    RIP Good Hurt

It was a fun night

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    My submission for my final project at the audio school I was going to

It's not perfect, far from it, it's super fucked actually, in a lot of ways... but these are all things I would have fixed if I had more time to work on it. Tuning, timing, all these things... but over time, I've actually started to appreciate it for the flaws. I originally was embarrassed to turn the assignment in. Now, I think it's actually.. not that bad.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    The new music I'm working on right now is the best thing I've ever been a part of. I cannot wait till I can show this to people. Very soon.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-18-2015 at 06:16 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wow!!! I'm really digging all of the stuff up on your page. I'm excited to hear more.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I found this on an old hard drive. Not sure I've ever seen it until just now. So weird. I think this is from 2010

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    more from the archives... this was a live show we played about 5 years ago (I think?) at a venue called "The Church of Truth."
    This is the end of our set, right before a party magician took the stage.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It may be my shitty phone (video fickleness) but I can't seem to view it. Connection to server lost.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    It may be my shitty phone (video fickleness) but I can't seem to view it. Connection to server lost.
    Hmmmmmmmm... it works for me, but I can upload it to vimeo too? One sec

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    here's an unmixed version of a new track that I've been working on for a couple months now... I'll dial it in later, but I was happy that it finally seemed to "function" so I impulsively uploaded it. Unmastered and mostly unmixed. Scratch vocals but maybe some of them will stick.

would love any feedback, positive or otherwise
    https://soundcloud.com/sirensection/...-extra-volumes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm impressed. beat is solid. guitar? melody fits nicely in the beginning. the pacing of your vocals make it sound poppy in a nicely dark way.

i might add more ambient sounds/noise to the verse but you seem to know what you're looking for in pretty much each part and it all fits. maybe some distortion on some of those vocal tracks to add some texture? and the effect at 3:25 sounds overly familiar patch wise. dial in those vocals and it's sounding really nice man. great job!

and this break down at the end could maybe use some heavy bass kicks to send it home? love the pianos tho

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    I'm impressed. beat is solid. guitar? melody fits nicely in the beginning. the pacing of your vocals make it sound poppy in a nicely dark way.

i might add more ambient sounds/noise to the verse but you seem to know what you're looking for in pretty much each part and it all fits. maybe some distortion on some of those vocal tracks to add some texture? and the effect at 3:25 sounds overly familiar patch wise. dial in those vocals and it's sounding really nice man. great job!

and this break down at the end could maybe use some heavy bass kicks to send it home? love the pianos tho
    Thanks! Yeah, the vocals there are all just scratch and taken from the first go... with the goal of listening in the car and practicing to do it better, but I was a little happy with it all so I uploaded. I really appreciate your notes about the repetition at 3:30... I can't hear these things!

Totally on your page about huge kick drum accents though! That's what I've been trying to dial in as I get ready to get some sleep! I've actually been sitting here tweaking the kick drum on my stereo system via Apple TV and wondering when I'll finally get some sleep...
    Thank you though ... for taking your time to help me out here. I really appreciate it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks! Yeah, the vocals there are all just scratch and taken from the first go... with the goal of listening in the car and practicing to do it better, but I was a little happy with it all so I uploaded. I really appreciate your notes about the repetition at 3:30... I can't hear these things!

Totally on your page about huge kick drum accents though! That's what I've been trying to dial in as I get ready to get some sleep!
    Thank you
    you've really got a knack for layering and its obviously a strength. i'd work on figuring out what makes each layer pop or blend and push it in that direction. Whether it be a simple cymbal pattern or an occasional 808 to drive the point home. Give it a more seamless vibe.

you're pretty much spot on with the beat and have nice potential with the vocals which is something i think a lot of people fail at. it seems like you're really at the polishing/mastering stage. again im really impressed!
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 12-31-2015 at 04:19 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    new track that I've been working on for a while now... Still not fully tucked away, but it's the first thing I've put together with the new modular rig.
    https://soundcloud.com/sirensection/...kle-pony-racer

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    been working on this song forever... I don't know if it's "done" but I never want to open the project file again.

https://soundcloud.com/sirensection/...pony-final-mix

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Ok, I need to raise up some cash.

We put a lot of effort and years of time into our last album, I love it dearly... but we have literally sold 2 copies outside of shows. Thank you @eversonpoe . I don't know what to do, I'm bad at selling myself. But somebody out there, buy it for five bucks plus shipping? I'm willing to sell it for 5 dollars right now, plus S&H. That's a vinyl record that I slaved over for years + digital copy. Each unit cost me more than that to print.

Thanks, please PM if you're interested.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    ok, no cash. Just ask me for a record and I'll send it to you. fuck it. I guess at this point I just need to donate the records or otherwise somehow make space... These records are either getting shipped off or going into the trash.

I'd rather not think about it too much...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-08-2016 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ok, no cash. Just ask me for a record and I'll send it to you. fuck it. I guess at this point I just need to donate the records or otherwise somehow make space... These records are either getting shipped off or going into the trash.

I'd rather not think about it too much...
    i know, the feeling, dude. my band has SO MANY copies of our first album on vinyl left, which is why we're pressing our new album on cassette (cheaper, less space, and stupid but still offers a physical product).

that said, your album is FANTASTIC and there is definitely an audience out there for it. remind people of it on facebook, make a little promo video of some kind, ask your bandmates to push it, too. do not throw it away. please.