Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ohGr

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tour started a couple nights ago. I haven't looked at the setlist, since my show is on Sunday and I want to be surprised.
    Here is a photo of the merch I found for anyone that cares:

Some good stuff here. I like both shirt designs and the hoody too. Gonna have a hard time picking between them, but our shirt is always usual the winner.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Devils
    Tricks
    Welt
    Undeveloped
    Sunnypsyop

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Tour started a couple nights ago. I haven't looked at the setlist, since my show is on Sunday and I want to be surprised.

Some good stuff here. I like both shirt designs and the hoody too. Gonna have a hard time picking between them, but our shirt is always usual the winner.
    They didnt have any CD/Vinyl for OHGR, it was kinda weird.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Saw the show tonight in Vancouver, it was FANTASTIC!
    I've seen ohGr 3 times now - 2008 for the Devil in mt details tour, 2013 for the unDeveloped tour and now this, and this show was hands down the best of the 3!
    If you have a chance to check the show out, do yourself a favor and go. You won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    They didnt have any CD/Vinyl for OHGR, it was kinda weird.
    The had the DIMD CD "signed" available at the Vancouver show, but other than that... no new album, which is definitely quite odd. I picked myself up the tour shirt and the hoody. What a great show!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    To anyone that can't make a show, they will be streaming the show from Dallas on August 27th. However, it appears you have to "purchase" an online viewing ticket.
    No word on what that costs, but you can hop on over here for more info: https://www.vidi.space/ohgr

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Happen to come across any photos of Lead Into Gold's merch table?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    No. Haven't seen any around. They had a couple shirts from what I recall. But don't ask me what was on the shirts, that I wasn't paying attention too, lol.

Also, fair warning to anyone buying merch: ohGr's "size large" is more like an XL. I got a shirt and hoody, and they are both like dresses on me. They're so big, I can barely wear them.

I hate how t-shirt sizes are never consistent between bands. For instance, I got a large shirt from Tool last year, and I can't wear it because it's too small, it's more like a medium. But a large from ohGr is more like an XL and goes down to my knees. All the hoody's I have are either too small or too big. I find that size large in NIN shirts are just perfect though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    To anyone that can't make a show, they will be streaming the show from Dallas on August 27th. However, it appears you have to "purchase" an online viewing ticket.
    No word on what that costs, but you can hop on over here for more info: https://www.vidi.space/ohgr
    I wonder if it's possible to record this stream, I loved the Calgary show and would like to have a copy to own...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    I wonder if it's possible to record this stream, I loved the Calgary show and would like to have a copy to own...
    This was my 3rd time seeing ohGr on 3 separate tours, and I agree, this was the best of the 3 shows. It was such a fantastic show!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Aaaaand, your wish is my command:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Thanks @ManBurning ! Hard to really see the designs on the shirts, but I'm glad to see he's selling the new record. Definitely gonna pick that up at Cold Waves NYC.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Is it sad I only skimmed the latest album once and I'm seeing the band this Saturday?

I need to listen to it again ASAP to get a tad bit familiar.

I am so excited to see the band! I'm gonna buy a tour shirt and the hoodie probably.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Is it sad I only skimmed the latest album once and I'm seeing the band this Saturday?

I need to listen to it again ASAP to get a tad bit familiar.
    VERY SAD! You're like my friend Adam who I went to the show here with, while he's at the show he says "wait, is this tour supposed to be supporting a new album" lol... *facepalm* YES!! It's actually a great record as well. I hated it the first couple listens, but hot damn.... I think it's better than unDeveloped.... and even DIMD, and Sunnysyop and hot damn.... it's ohGr's 2nd best record under Welt! *gasp*

I'm gonna buy a tour shirt and the hoodie probably.
    YES!!! Just make sure you don't make the same mistake as me and buy size large for the hoody.... It's actually secretly a size 2XL... I got fooled. But if you like your merch bigger, then go for it. The brand they are using is not your usual sizing. The tour shirt Large is also like an XL dress on me. Goes down to my knees. Quite sad... I need new shirts that aren't NIN... I have enough NIN shirts to wear 1 every day for a month if I wanted.... that's sad.... I need to change it up, lol. NIN shirts seem to be the only brand the PERFECTED the size "Large" though...

Bought a TOOL tour shirt last year... it's too small.... It says Large, it's like a small to medium....

Anyway, just be careful when buying merch next weekend.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    VERY SAD! You're like my friend Adam who I went to the show here with, while he's at the show he says "wait, is this tour supposed to be supporting a new album" lol... *facepalm* YES!! It's actually a great record as well. I hated it the first couple listens, but hot damn.... I think it's better than unDeveloped.... and even DIMD, and Sunnysyop and hot damn.... it's ohGr's 2nd best record under Welt! *gasp*

YES!!! Just make sure you don't make the same mistake as me and buy size large for the hoody.... It's actually secretly a size 2XL... I got fooled. But if you like your merch bigger, then go for it. The brand they are using is not your usual sizing. The tour shirt Large is also like an XL dress on me. Goes down to my knees. Quite sad... I need new shirts that aren't NIN... I have enough NIN shirts to wear 1 every day for a month if I wanted.... that's sad.... I need to change it up, lol. NIN shirts seem to be the only brand the PERFECTED the size "Large" though...

Bought a TOOL tour shirt last year... it's too small.... It says Large, it's like a small to medium....

Anyway, just be careful when buying merch next weekend.
    I didn't manage to buy a vinyl copy and minus Welt on vinyl and DIMD on CD, I own no other physical copies of ohGr material. I just haven't downloaded it yet....

Thanks for the tips. Shirts piss me off. Large is too small or just snugly tight and XL is too big and it looks dumb. Thanks for the heads up on the sizing. I'll make sure to get Mediums I guess.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I didn't manage to buy a vinyl copy and minus Welt on vinyl and DIMD on CD, I own no other physical copies of ohGr material. I just haven't downloaded it yet....

Thanks for the tips. Shirts piss me off. Large is too small or just snugly tight and XL is too big and it looks dumb. Thanks for the heads up on the sizing. I'll make sure to get Mediums I guess.
    They aren't even selling any of the CDs on tour this year... or vinyl. Minus DIMD CD signed (odd choice for a CD to be selling). The production of tricks must have been delayed or something. But very odd that they aren't selling actual music related to the new record they are touring for. I only have Welt and Sunnysyop on CD myself, so I'm not better than you. But I did pay for the tricks download, so that's that.

If Large is normally too snug for you, maybe go with a Large this time around, it's a bigger large, so you might like it, ya never know. Maybe ask to see the medium and the large and put them side by side and make your best judgement call. Shirts piss me off too, it's always different from band to band, and you never know how the shirt is going to be until you wash it at least once. I've bought shirts that were absolutely PERFECT on first wear, and then I washed them and they're too small. I also have a handful of shirts that no matter how many times I wash them, they won't shrink. Seems like the clothes you want to shrink, never shrink, the ones you don't want to - always do.

I washed the hoody in hopes it would shrink, it shrunk a tad bit, but not to my liking.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Would anyone going to a show on this tour be willing to pick up a copy of the Flowering Blight cd for me? I would pay extra and shipping as well. It would be much appreciated. PM me if you are willing to do so.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    ^^^
    If they have it available, yeah sure, I won't upcharge you I'd just sell it to you at face value.

Did they have the hat available and, if you can remember, how much?
    Last edited by ziltoid; 09-02-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    ^^^
    If they have it available, yeah sure, I won't upcharge you I'd just sell it to you at face value.

Did they have the hat available and, if you can remember, how much?
    Sorry, I didn't see a hat at my show.
    But they had a pin. Mg girlfriend ended up buying the pin. $10 Canadian for a pin... it's the new funny "ohGr" logo where you can make out the O and H and then the G and R are kind of blended in together, that logo. I think that's the same logo on the hats, but I didn't see any hats at my show.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    A pin? I assume it's an enamel pin. Needless to say it'll be needed for my jacket and I guess I'm spending even more money now. Saturday is gonna be expensive haha.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    A pin? I assume it's an enamel pin. Needless to say it'll be needed for my jacket and I guess I'm spending even more money now. Saturday is gonna be expensive haha.
    No joke, between going to see ohGr and Killing joke on back to back dates plus a hotel for those nights it's gotten expensive. I haven't bought VIP tickets to KJ even though I'm contemplating it but then I'd be $200 out and wouldn't be able to get any merch at either show (aside from the VIP stuff that's included).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Important question, do they accept debit/credit cards or cash only at the merch booth?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Important question, do they accept debit/credit cards or cash only at the merch booth?
    It was cash only here. Have some cash on hand just in case. My friend had to leave the venue and go on a wild goose chase to find an ATM because the ATM at the venue didn't like his card, lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So I’m waiting outside the venue by the VIP area and Ogre is like 8 feet away from me. I’m not a VIP holder but no big deal!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I recorded craCKer and a Donald Trump snippet which was hilarious since Ogre put on a cardboard mask of Da Commanduh in Cheeeef.

I will upload craCKer to YouTube sometime but have a photo album of my shots. The show was no where near full or packed....hell, probably only like 100-250 there. The entire venue can hold like 750. However, the people there were loud as fuck and enthusiastic. Was awesome.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-09-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The show was no where near full or packed....hell, probably only like 100-250 there. The entire venue can hold like 750. However, the people there were loud as fuck and enthusiastic. Was awesome.
    Sucks when good artists can't pull in a decent crowd. Really shows you how very little people actually have good taste in music. There was a skold show here about 2 years ago which also severely under-preformed attendance wise, and it was on a Saturday night as well! I can understand a mid week show on a Tuesday or Wednesday having a low head count, but a weekend show makes no sense.

How much did you end up spending on merch and what did you buy?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sucks when good artists can't pull in a decent crowd. Really shows you how very little people actually have good taste in music. There was a skold show here about 2 years ago which also severely under-preformed attendance wise, and it was on a Saturday night as well! I can understand a mid week show on a Tuesday or Wednesday having a low head count, but a weekend show makes no sense.

How much did you end up spending on merch and what did you buy?
    Everyone there was into it and really loved both opening acts also. Great energy and the entire show was kinda low key due to the audience size and super fun because of it. I agree about the good music taste. More for us!

Bought the hoodie, the tour date shirt, a patch and a pin. Around $92.00. I just got paid Thursday so I'm done spending money for the week now haha.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-09-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    The VIP sound check was fucking awesome. ohGr was late and took requests, I yelled out Water and they played it!
    Show starts soon and I can’t wait!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Show was fucking epic details to follow on Tuesday.
    Omniflux and Paul Barker were fantastic too.
    All I’m going to say is go now and see ohGr while you got the chance; it’s a really great fucking show!
    I gotta get my energy back for Killing Jokes concert later today.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Have Paul and Ogre been doing anything together this tour? Going to the Cold Waves show on Thursday and thought it would be cool if they did a little In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up reunion for a song or two, especially since Chris will be there too, but I don't know how realistic that is.