Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ohGr

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    When is the new "end of the world" date?
    I'm guessing that's what that cryptic message means.

Every few years they have a "doomsday" day that everyone freaks out about and it comes and goes and everyone continues on with their lives.

According to this site: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_o...d_of_the_world the next one is May 20th, 2018.
    So, record on the 19th? and considering music is released on Friday's now, May 18th??

EDIT: I just noticed the secret hidden link in that message above. Listened to the clip, sounds straight outta the Welt era, I love it! Sounds like it's gonna be a rockin' record.
    Can't wait. Hopefully a tour to follow in 2018.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-22-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well the release date on the pledge website has January 26th, 2018 as the release.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I checked out some ohGr for the first time this week thanks to this thread, I really enjoy him so far! I liked The Greater Wrong of the Right album by Skinny Puppy and this reminds me of what I liked about that album. Looking forward to the new album this month! Nice to have something brand new to listen to in 2018!
    Last edited by fishtifer; 01-13-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    So is Tricks ever going to be released? What's going on?
    Fantastic question.

The band posted some show announcements on facebook today. They'll be playing Cold Waves festival in NYC, Chicago and LA in September.
    No word on the record, but I''m assuming these show announcements mean the record will at least be out before then.
    Hopefully there are more dated announced other than these 3 though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    New album OUT NOW. I am midway through and it is fucking great. This AND new NIN in same week! Dream come true.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Omg got my email. It's real! Hopefully worth the wait.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    They're posting tour dates 1 at a time on facebook right now.
    Seattle - Aug 18
    Portland - Aug 19

Quick google shows some more in the East Coat over here: https://www.songkick.com/artists/249615-ohgr
    Houston, NY, Cleveland, Chicago, ST Louis. Few more.

No Vancouver I guess otherwise it would be before Seattle most likely.

But... how are you guys listening to this? There is like no peep on the internet anywhere... For an artist to release a new record, you figure they would want to build hype and mention it on social media... Seems odd that they just e-mailed the backers that it was out... sneak peak to you lucky bums that paid for it I guess?

I leave for vacation tomorrow morning and would love to have this to listen to during my travels...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

But... how are you guys listening to this? There is like no peep on the internet anywhere... For an artist to release a new record, you figure they would want to build hype and mention it on social media... Seems odd that they just e-mailed the backers that it was out... sneak peak to you lucky bums that paid for it I guess?

I leave for vacation tomorrow morning and would love to have this to listen to during my travels...
    It's available digitally as well as with a variety of physical bundles on ohgr's PledgeMusic page.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    It's available digitally as well as with a variety of physical bundles on ohgr's PledgeMusic page.
    So you can purchase one of the items and you will get the album download link immediately?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So you can purchase one of the items and you will get the album download link immediately?
    yep; I did, and I hadn't been a backer before. The download link goes to your email, available in flac and mp3, although it doesn't say what the mp3 bitrate is. I just went with flac.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    This is good stuff. I am about half way through.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    urgh, this is temping me so much. I don't ever buy digital music though, I think it's a ripoff. The physical bundles are a little on the pricey side though...
    I'm eyeing the CD/Shirt combo for $46 Canadian... But that's a hard pill to swallow.

The CD alone is $20 Canadian, which isn't worth it for a CD, but considering the price of the download is $13, $7 more and you get something physical isn't that bad.
    Life is getting expensive lol...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    urgh, this is temping me so much. I don't ever buy digital music though, I think it's a ripoff. The physical bundles are a little on the pricey side though...
    I'm eyeing the CD/Shirt combo for $46 Canadian... But that's a hard pill to swallow.

The CD alone is $20 Canadian, which isn't worth it for a CD, but considering the price of the download is $13, $7 more and you get something physical isn't that bad.
    Life is getting expensive lol...
    I ended up getting the cd/t-shirt bundle, which I thought was okay for 35 til they tacked on the 15 in shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Swykk
    This is good stuff. I am about half way through.
    Yeah, I'm really liking it. I think it's my favorite one since SunnyPsyOp (or however he spelled it.)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I ended up getting the cd/t-shirt bundle, which I thought was okay for 35 til they tacked on the 15 in shipping.
    Eek, and that's to the US... Shipping to Canada will obviously be more... Maybe I will just buy the digital after all then...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Oh shit son! They are coming to Vancouver!!!

YES!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

EDIT: I love how ohGr call this a "US tour" yet there are several stops in Canada, Yet NIN call theirs a "North American tour" and don't have a single Canadian date, lol.
    Seems like artist behind creating the posters to both tours was the same and was drunk when they made the posters and they mixed them up.

Last edited by ManBurning; 06-18-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    “Due They Know,” Mind Made God” and the title track are emerging as favorites for me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I got my email during work and I had to wait until now. I just finished downloading it and I'm 4 songs in, so far this is beyond what I expected.
    Not only do I get to see OhGr with Lead into Gold, but, the next day I'm going to see Killing Joke, then in October I get to finally see NIN for the first time.
    This year has been so fucking awesome with concerts near me!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I caved and bought the digital download. They wanted $12 shipping for a CD... no thanks. Digital download it is. Just started the record.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I caved and bought the digital download. They wanted $12 shipping for a CD... no thanks. Digital download it is. Just started the record.
    I just finished listening to it and it every little bit was fantastic.
    What are your initial impressions?

I want more. Hopefully he might release some of the songs that sounded like it was raw/unmastered from the videos that were posted as pledge updates.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I just finished listening to it and it every little bit was fantastic.
    What are your initial impressions?

I want more. Hopefully he might release some of the songs that sounded like it was raw/unmastered from the videos that were posted as pledge updates.
    Honestly, I'm a little underwhelmed upon first listen. But I'm also frantically trying to get ready for a trip tomorrow, so my attention was 100% to the music. I'll dive more into it on the flight tomorrow. So far, It didn't grab me as good as UnDeveloped did. It does remind me a lot of sunnypsyop era of ohGr.

I'm sure it'll it better after a few listens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Really digging this. Agree with the SunnyPsyOp vibes (which I'm thankful for as that's my favourite Ohgr album).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I dont have a clear favorite yet, but "subject" is a fucking earworm. great song.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Not in Apple Music?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Not in Apple Music?
    No, not yet.
    The initial plan was to give anyone who backed the project the ability to download and listen to the album first, then release it on all streaming services after a certain time.
    I don't remember exactly what the time frame was when Mark Walk mentioned it but its in one of the pledge posts.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Carrboro, NC? I'm fucking going!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I love how ohGr call this a "US tour" yet there are several stops in Canada, Yet NIN call theirs a "North American tour" and don't have a single Canadian date, lol.
    Seems like artist behind creating the posters to both tours was the same and was drunk when they made the posters and they mixed them up.
    It's because they don't give a shit lol.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tickets and VIP packages are now available!
    https://soundrink.com/app#/tour/ohgr
    I just bought the VIP & Ticket Package!
    The prices are surprisingly really low.
    I am so hyped to finally be able to see ohGr, and with Lead into Gold no less!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Tickets and VIP packages are now available!
    https://soundrink.com/app#/tour/ohgr
    I just bought the VIP & Ticket Package!
    The prices are surprisingly really low.
    I am so hyped to finally be able to see ohGr, and with Lead into Gold no less!
    I bought my ticket yesterday off the venue's site link.

Cool buy. I still need to buy the album.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I didn't like the new album the first few times I listened to it, like it really didn't resonate with me, but it's really grown on me. Been listening to it for the last couple days and it's really good.

My favourite tracks are Subject, Muddle, Lye, Blowby and Mind Made God.
    If I had to rank the records I would put this one in the middle of the pack.

1. Welt
    2. Undeveloped
    3. Tricks
    4. Sunnypsyop
    5. Devil In My Details

After a few more listens, I might even be willing to put it above undeveloped. Looking back at the tracklist for undeveloped, there is a lot of filler, but the songs that are good on that record, are really good. Tricks is 10 solid tracks. No interludes or filler crap.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-08-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd probably go:

Welt
    SunnyPsyOp
    Devils
    Tricks
    Undeveloped

Undeveloped has it's strong moments, but a lot of filler. Takes a bit to get going too. It's not until the 5th track that I really get into it. Comedown is awesome. I love Devils. I see it get flack. Not sure why. I feel like the jury is still out for Tricks. It's a return to the simpler songs. I like it. But, in no way does it compare to most of the older stuff.