Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kiss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kiss

Love them or hate them.
    Big fan here
    Older stuff better, eventhough Sonic Boom was very good.

Monster, new album out.
    Haven't heard it yet.
    I can guess will be same old, but fun music anyway
    Live?...KISS, kick so much ass.
    One of the best concerts I've been too.

Any fans here?

(TR used a sample of the "live" version of Shout it out loud, for the ending of Starfuckers...Am I right?)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I saw them live in Detroit (Cobo Hall and Olympia Stadium) in '77 and '78. That's when they should have stopped.

Seeing them on "Good Morning America" yesterday was weird. Kiss ain't Kiss without Ace Frehley.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-23-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They've used another painting for Tommy and Eric.
    They are not Peter and Ace.
    Eventhough Eric Carr (RIP) was SO much better on the kit than Peter.
    Creatures? one of their best albums

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Anybody can be in the kitty cat costume or behind the Kiss drums, but you can't fake Ace Frehley.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-13-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I Agree
    Also from their solo's albums, Ace's was the best of the 4.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bought the new album and I like it, it sounds like Kiss.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Haven't heard "Monster" but "Sonic Boom" was downright horrible, but i don't care there's nothing this band can do to erase awesome albums like "Destroyer", "Alive I,II and III", "Revenge" and "Dynasty"

PS: Fuck Eric Singer, LOL

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    70s and 80s KISS=some awesome songs.
    I saw them live a couple of years ago at Madison Square Garden and it was a fantastic gig, great showmanship.
    Couldn't give two fucks about their new material.
    Gene Simmons' cover of Firestarter was pretty fucking ridiculous:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I like KISS but it ain't KISS w/o Ace & Peter.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Kiss

I checked the band list, also did a search, and it appears that there is not a Kiss thread??!! If there is one that I missed, mods go ahead and delete mine. In any case, they're not one of my top bands, but this interview with Gene Simmons is too funny not to share.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-book-20130913

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Heh, Gene can be a pretty funny guy and sometimes he's a TOTAL sexist douche bag, it depends on which Gene you get that day.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    To me, there's no KISS w/o Ace & Peter. I don't care how good Tommy and Eric are, it's just not the same w/o all four original members.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    To me, there's no KISS w/o Ace & Peter. I don't care how good Tommy and Eric are, it's just not the same w/o all four original members.
    Yup, I agree. Gene constantly bitching about Ace and Peter abusing alcohol, but IT'S FUCKING ROCK AND ROLL! IT'S NOT A GOD DAMNED BANKING CAREER GROUP.

Meanwhile, Gene is addicted to fame and sex. Except Gene thinks that HIS addiction isn't as "harmful." I saw the episode of "Family Jewels" where Shannon left him and even his own kids were sick of his shit, and Gene and Shannon went to therapy and then got married but you just KNEW that his ego can't let him be with one chick and he's no longer attracting the top-notch groupies so he's gonna have to pay for the good-looking ones.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-15-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Gene is the Krusty of Rock & Roll.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @redshoewearer - I actually found the older thread. Perhaps this can be moved to it and hopefully bumped, as it had a good start. I'll also make sure to post it to the Easy Access to Bands thread as well. (Or the A-Z bands thread... that's the old school ETSer in me speaking.)

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...eads/1206-Kiss
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-15-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Haven't heard "Monster" but "Sonic Boom" was downright horrible, but i don't care there's nothing this band can do to erase awesome albums like "Destroyer", "Alive I,II and III", "Revenge" and "Dynasty"

PS: Fuck Eric Singer, LOL
    I heard "Monster", what a piece of crap...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Surprised that there is not much discussion going on. Anyway..

I find myself on a huge KISS binge every now and then and even if their newer material is not as good I can find some enjoyment. "sonic boom" was quite good actually, while "monster" might be their worst record to date. I usually end up listening to the ALIVE box set which pretty much sums up what I love about this band. Either way, Paul Stanley remains as an icon to me which leads me to my question:

his book "face to music" comes out in early April and there are some singnings. Does anyone plan on going to any of these and might be able to fetch me a signed copy aswell? Just shoot me a PM!

http://www.paulstanley.com/face-the-music

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed Sonic Boom and Monster. I know some people are upset that Ace and Peter are gone, but those are two of their best albums in years. I'm actually quite happy with the current lineup (Gene, Paul, Tommy and Eric) and am glad that they are releasing kick-ass hard rock so late in their career.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 03-17-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I looked into the KISS/DL ticket pricing for the hell of it..... and HOLY LIVING FUCK!!!! Are they on crack???? All decent seats are like $500.00-$1,200.00. Anyone here follow them live? Do they try to pull this shit to see how many people bite on VIP and MnG packages, only to end up selling them at a somewhat normal price? This is seriously rediculous- and there aren't many people buying tix. (I mainly checked out the show closest to me- Alpine Valley- along with a few others)

Was one of my favorite bands growing up as a kid, still like some of their music but after growing up a bit (aka getting older and learning something about business) and finding out what money whores they are reLly don't give a fuck about them.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looks like Mansfield starts at $75 (before fees) and goes up to $1,200.00 (although it looked like they had seats in the first three sections for $200.00.

For $1,200.00 you should get to meet both bands.

I got a great seat at the same venue for $120.00.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I wonder how much Ace and Peter will charge for a club show? Surely far less than that what Gene and Paul are offering. Fuck those guys.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    For $1,200.00 you should get to meet both bands.
    You should, but you don't. Looks like each band has their own thing going on. Gene should be giving BJ's and swallowing while Paul tickles the asshole with his tongue (or should that be the other way around??) for that kind of coin.

I'm sitting here LMFAO playing with these interactive seating maps and looking at ticket prices, including the obstructed views. What a fucking joke.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    You should, but you don't. Looks like each band has their own thing going on. Gene should be giving BJ's and swallowing while Paul tickles the asshole with his tongue (or should that be the other way around??) for that kind of coin.

I'm sitting here LMFAO playing with these interactive seating maps and looking at ticket prices, including the obstructed views. What a fucking joke.
    LOL, and I paid, like, $7.50 to see them in 1977.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    http://www.bravewords.com/news/220084

ACE FREHLEY Signs With eOne Music; Reveals New Album Title, Street Date

Hot Flashes
    Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 13:09:46 EST

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee ACE FREHLEY will release Space Invader, his first new solo album in five years, via Entertainment One Music (eOne Music) on June 24th. The album will include at least nine brand new original songs as well as a cover of THE STEVE MILLER BAND’s 'The Joker'. This album is the first release under Frehley's new universal deal on eOne Music.

Frehley has released an official statement surrounding the exciting news: “Life on Earth has been very good to me, and the body of work I’ve created over the years has withstood the test of time. Today I see no obstacles before me and my creativity has never been more fine tuned. Growing up in an Alien world has enhanced my senses and allowed me to succeed where others would have failed. The best is yet to come!”

Widely known as the original “Space Ace" and founding guitarist for 16 cumulative years (over two tenures) of the multi platinum selling rock band KISS, Frehley is demonstrably the most popular original member. In addition to having the best selling solo album career (vintage or current) among the original foursome, Frehley’s self titled Ace Frehley, released in 1978, went on to sell over one million copies, producing the only Top 40 single, 'New York Groove', from any of the legendary KISS solo albums; (peaking at #13). The massive hit was most recently featured in an episode of cult show Entourage and was also KISS’ second bestselling download in 2012, besting such KISS Army anthems as 'I Was Made For Lovin’ You', 'Beth' and 'Calling Dr. Love' even after 36 years.

Since departing from KISS, Frehley went on to release four more solo albums and one live EP including his most recent effort, Anomaly in 2009, which debuted at #27 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and received a welcoming response among critics.

Ace will participate in the 2014 Revolver Golden Gods Awards show by presenting the Dimebag Darrell "Best Guitarist" Award alongside label-mate ZAKK WYLDE. The awards show will take place on April 23, 2014 at the Club Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. Tickets are on sale now.

Frehley adds: “It’s exciting to finally be part of the Golden Gods, awards and an honor to be part of any Dimebag memorial award. He was a friend, and I know everyone misses him, as do I.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    LOL, and I paid, like, $7.50 to see them in 1977.
    aww...the memories. I paid $4.50 to see them open for ZZ Top in 74..maybe 75. Gene spit "blood" on me. I was pissed! He ruined my shirt!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    aww...the memories. I paid $4.50 to see them open for ZZ Top in 74..maybe 75. Gene spit "blood" on me. I was pissed! He ruined my shirt!
    Haha I saw ZZ Top open for Alice Cooper in 74! That cost $4.50!
    Last edited by allegro; 03-27-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Haha I saw ZZ Top open for Alice Cooper in 74! That cost $4.50!
    Alice Cooper was my first concert...Billion Dollar babies tour! Wow I'm old! But I got to see a lot of great bands!
    "sorry for derailing topic"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    They were terrible at the parade. It's clear they were lip-syncing which made the performance so awful.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I love Gene's axe bass guitars, past and present. Very cool looking.