Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ohGr

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

ohGr

Don't know how many of you have had the chance to listen to the latest release by oHgr, but the new album, unDeveloped is fantastic.
    It's way better than any of his previous releases. The album seems more polished and produced.
    I think it also helps that it sounds more puppy-ish than his previous releases. Definitely check it out.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    There is a mini west coast tour starting in a couple weeks actually to support the new album.
    the dates are as follows:

Date City Venue
    12/1 San Francisco, CA - Bottom of the Hill
    12/2 Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
    12/3 Seattle, WA - El Corazon
    12/4 Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw Theatre
    12/6 Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
    12/7 Denver, CO - Bluebird Theatre
    12/9 Phoenix, AZ - Nile Theatre
    12/10 Santa Ana, CA - Constellation Room
    12/11 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey Theatre

I'll be hitting up the Vancouver show, and I am more than estatic! The new album is spectacular, looking forward to seeing how it transilates live.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Has nobody seriously hit up a show on this tour yet?

I saw the show tonight in Vancouver, and it was pretty decent.
    It was a step up from the last time they rolled through town, but that was durning the Devils in My Details tour, so that's not saying much.
    Yeah, I hated that album, shoot me. UnDeveloped is an amazing album though, and I was sad they didn't play a whole lot of material from the album live. They only played about 5 songs from the album.

It's late, i'm tired and a tad drunk so there is no way in hell I am going to be able to come up with a setlist, but I can came the songs I do remember.

Minus, cracker, maJik, Dog, timebomb, 101, comedown, traGek, nitwitz, Psychoreal, crash and there were a few more from DIMD that I don't reconize, and 1 or 2 more from welt.

It was also ohGr's birthday, and they came out for the encore witha B-day cake and everyone came on stage and sang happy birthday. Then him and the guitarist started beating each other up and he said they were going to play an accoustic set, but they didn't (guess that was supposed to be a joke). I caught that on film, but i'm too tired to upload that tonight, i'll do it another night if people actually care enough.

The merch was decent, there were 3 shirts to choose from. One was just plain black, nothing on the back of the album cover of UnDeveloped with the baby. The other was a slightly different position of the baby fetus, zoomed out and less detailed, this shirt had the tour dates and venues on the back (this is the one I got), each shirt was $25, amd they had a hoody as well for $45, same as shirt #1 with the album artwork on the back. And there was a winter beenie for $10 or $20.

ohGr used a megaphone alot throughout the show. He wore a strange police helmet for the first 2 songs, and other then that the band was decked in grey suites and white button up shirts and red vests, kind of a classic 1930's victorian goth look going on.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i'm over on the east coast, so unless he decides to do an east coast tour and visit south florida, chances are I will never see him live.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Undeveloped is the record I've been waiting for since Sunnypsyop let me down, and then DIMD let me down again. It's awesome.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Just thought I'd go ahead and bump this bad boy with a couple sample vidz from my footage of ohGr live in St. Paul a few years back. Kinda fucked 'cause my external mic was broken so I had to use the crappy built-ins and the shitty old YT compression from back when I uploaded 'em ruins the resolution, but ho-hum:

Lookin' forward to getting to do a better job and redeeming myself with my new mic and some fresh uploads someday.

:-\

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    An acquaintance of mine is in a band that did a small tour with Jakalope and some others...oHgr came out and did Smothered Hope, and a friend filmed it. Thought maybe some ppl would wanna see it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    wow, the above would have been AMAZING to see live, I'm assuming this was from the LA show. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rave is one of the best studio engineers...PERIOD! Nice to see a casual Ogre rocking it like it's still 84'

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Recently my youtube account has gotten upgraded so I am finally able to post some of my older bootlegs that I have NEVER released until now. Here is an Ohgr show from December 18th 2008 in Dallas, TX ENJOY and tell your friends! I am willing to trade a lossless version if anyone is interested! I am also looking for someone to help me make the show into a dvd with menus and such. I know how to do it but I just don't have the time. Let me know! -Lance

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Finally replaced my umpteenth broken camcorder and stumbled upon the tape of my recording of ohGr live in Chicago back in '08. The camcorder I filmed it with had a broken Mic In port so the sound is mostly ass but oh, well...can't win 'em all. The crowd was your typical dead-fish shoegazing shit that seems to plague the area, but the show was great. Unfortunately, it was a sold out show and it was impossible to squeeze through the crowd to anywhere else but where I had an obstructed view and was in plain sight of the venue security. So I just ran audio until the security left for whatever reason and then did my best to film a bit from a shitty spot.

The first track is listenable enough, but it's a real shame about my camcorder's crappy built-in mics, the awesome "brap" they did as an encore is almost totally lost in the brickwalled awfulness of the recording's sound.

Meh.

It is what it is.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    ohGr is back with a new album "tricks" and a bunch of new merch up for pre-order:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/ohgr

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    ohGr is back with a new album "tricks" and a bunch of new merch up for pre-order:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/ohgr

Incredibly tempted to go all-out on the Ultimate ohGr Bundle, but I wish I knew an estimated ship date.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post
    Incredibly tempted to go all-out on the Ultimate ohGr Bundle, but I wish I knew an estimated ship date.
    The problem with ohGr albums are, they are a total gamble. You might get someone amazing like Welt or UnDeveloped or something no so amazing like Sunnypsyop or Devil in my Details. I find his albums are very hit or miss. Sunny has it's moments, but compared to Welt or UnDeveloped, it's not as good. But I think we can all agree that DIMD is definitely a "miss" in his discography.

I really like that new logo t-shirt though. Almost willing to take the gamble for the t-shirt alone.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-13-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My friend texted me last night and told me that his wife and their friend pitched in and got him the microphone. He's excited.

Bur I think we can all agree that DIMD is definitely a "miss" in his discography.
    Whaaaat?! Am I the only one on the board that loves that album?
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 05-13-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post

I know @aggroculture and I basically share the same view on that record. Can't vouch for everyone else on this board. But I'm sure they'll pipe up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Undeveloped is the record I've been waiting for since Sunnypsyop let me down, and then DIMD let me down again. It's awesome.
    EDIT: I just want to add, that the capital "H" in the thread title makes me cringe EVERY TIME I see it. I just want to correct it and I know I can't!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-14-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I know @aggroculture and I basically share the same view on that record. Can't vouch for everyone else on this board. But I'm sure they'll pipe up soon.

EDIT: I just want to add, that the capital "H" in the thread title makes me cringe EVERY TIME I see it. I just want to correct it and I know I can't!
    ohGr it is. The H also annoys me.

I need to procure the latest album soon as well.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    DIMD is my favorite ohGr album. By far.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Nope. @ManBurning must be smoking crack; DIMD is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    DIMD is my favorite ohGr album. By far.
    Well, I guess the majority has spoken, lol.

I must be off my rocker indeed. But I couldn't get into that record in 2008, Maybe i'll give it another try, almost 10 years later, but from what I remember, the only track that stood out with me was "Timebomb"

I'm gonna load it up on YouTube now actually...

EDIT: 2 songs in and it's shut off... lol... This is not music to my ears...

EDIT 2: Loaded up sunnypsyop, now this record is better than I remembered!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-14-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Smogharp, Witness, Pepper, D. Angel, and Timebomb as well. I love that the whole album flows together like a show.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Devils in my Details was my first album so I guess I kinda like it for that reason. This is the best song from it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Seeing DIMD live was a turning point for me. Bought the album on clear vinyl after the show and had Ogre sign it. Very much love the album now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    DIMD is right up there with Welt for me. DIMD has more of an experimental feel... it's different, in a good way, and it all flows together very nicely. Much better than Undeveloped. I barely remember much of Undeveloped.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what the deal is with the new album? I think there was a PledgeMusic page started a while back, but I haven't heard anything official as far as an actual release except for an October 31st speculation.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    All I know is, I'm glad I didn't back it. Everything that I always seem interested in backing either falls through or has a poor run and not the quality people expected if/when it does get released.

I'm surprised he didn't want the album and shirts out before he went on the road with KMFDM. What's up with that?? Perfect time to promote your new stuff on the road... Not sure what the ohGr camp was thinking with this one.

Hopefully we get some news soon. maybe ohGr is saving it for a headlining tour of his own, but I'm still shocked that he hasn't played or debuted a single new song at all on his recent run with KMFDM. Guess the music in't ready. I'd expect an early 2018 release at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There has been quite a few updates since it's announcement of a new album. Though they have only been restricted to backers of the project. You wouldn't be able to see the updates unless you're logged in with the account you backed the project with. The last update earlier this month said they're still on schedule for Oct 31st release.
    As for the teaser updates, I think they're not so great. Only two actually sound like decent songs.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Any updates on this record yet? Looks like they missed the October 31st deadline.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The stop motion characters from ohGr's Cracker and Majik videos will be up for an online auction starting on Nov 27th over here:
    http://www.biddingowl.com/Auction/ho...uctionID=13387

All proceeds from this auction are going towards the pre-production of a new fully animated video for the upcoming release of "Tricks", the new ohGr record. The characters for auction have been digitally scanned and will also appear in the new video.

Man, these guys sure are hurting for cash for this new record aren't they? They crowdfund the record, and now they need to sell stuff to fund their music video?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-25-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The last update was posted on the intended release date, October 31st.

Thanks for all your support.
    The record is complete.

However, after switching mastering engineers, and working around the clock to make up the time , it just now became apparent that we can’t release digitally tomorrow.

It was close, but not doable at the level of quality we want.
    We still have more mastering to review and complete, and ohGr just wrapped up his tour.
    This release date was important to us, as is your support and understanding.
    So, this wont be long.

APOLOGIES.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    New update!

LOWLY HIGH

The same psychological tricks that make records, delay records.
    Welcome to experiencing the process.
    Expect tricks in your hands one day prior to the world exploding.

Until then, slowly eat these small pieces of pie.
    And the song clip linked is ... fucking amazing.