Thread: oHgr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

oHgr

Don't know how many of you have had the chance to listen to the latest release by oHgr, but the new album, unDeveloped is fantastic.
    It's way better than any of his previous releases. The album seems more polished and produced.
    I think it also helps that it sounds more puppy-ish than his previous releases. Definitely check it out.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    There is a mini west coast tour starting in a couple weeks actually to support the new album.
    the dates are as follows:

Date City Venue
    12/1 San Francisco, CA - Bottom of the Hill
    12/2 Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
    12/3 Seattle, WA - El Corazon
    12/4 Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw Theatre
    12/6 Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
    12/7 Denver, CO - Bluebird Theatre
    12/9 Phoenix, AZ - Nile Theatre
    12/10 Santa Ana, CA - Constellation Room
    12/11 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey Theatre

I'll be hitting up the Vancouver show, and I am more than estatic! The new album is spectacular, looking forward to seeing how it transilates live.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Has nobody seriously hit up a show on this tour yet?

I saw the show tonight in Vancouver, and it was pretty decent.
    It was a step up from the last time they rolled through town, but that was durning the Devils in My Details tour, so that's not saying much.
    Yeah, I hated that album, shoot me. UnDeveloped is an amazing album though, and I was sad they didn't play a whole lot of material from the album live. They only played about 5 songs from the album.

It's late, i'm tired and a tad drunk so there is no way in hell I am going to be able to come up with a setlist, but I can came the songs I do remember.

Minus, cracker, maJik, Dog, timebomb, 101, comedown, traGek, nitwitz, Psychoreal, crash and there were a few more from DIMD that I don't reconize, and 1 or 2 more from welt.

It was also ohGr's birthday, and they came out for the encore witha B-day cake and everyone came on stage and sang happy birthday. Then him and the guitarist started beating each other up and he said they were going to play an accoustic set, but they didn't (guess that was supposed to be a joke). I caught that on film, but i'm too tired to upload that tonight, i'll do it another night if people actually care enough.

The merch was decent, there were 3 shirts to choose from. One was just plain black, nothing on the back of the album cover of UnDeveloped with the baby. The other was a slightly different position of the baby fetus, zoomed out and less detailed, this shirt had the tour dates and venues on the back (this is the one I got), each shirt was $25, amd they had a hoody as well for $45, same as shirt #1 with the album artwork on the back. And there was a winter beenie for $10 or $20.

ohGr used a megaphone alot throughout the show. He wore a strange police helmet for the first 2 songs, and other then that the band was decked in grey suites and white button up shirts and red vests, kind of a classic 1930's victorian goth look going on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i'm over on the east coast, so unless he decides to do an east coast tour and visit south florida, chances are I will never see him live.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Undeveloped is the record I've been waiting for since Sunnypsyop let me down, and then DIMD let me down again. It's awesome.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Just thought I'd go ahead and bump this bad boy with a couple sample vidz from my footage of ohGr live in St. Paul a few years back. Kinda fucked 'cause my external mic was broken so I had to use the crappy built-ins and the shitty old YT compression from back when I uploaded 'em ruins the resolution, but ho-hum:

Lookin' forward to getting to do a better job and redeeming myself with my new mic and some fresh uploads someday.

:-\

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    An acquaintance of mine is in a band that did a small tour with Jakalope and some others...oHgr came out and did Smothered Hope, and a friend filmed it. Thought maybe some ppl would wanna see it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    wow, the above would have been AMAZING to see live, I'm assuming this was from the LA show. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rave is one of the best studio engineers...PERIOD! Nice to see a casual Ogre rocking it like it's still 84'

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Recently my youtube account has gotten upgraded so I am finally able to post some of my older bootlegs that I have NEVER released until now. Here is an Ohgr show from December 18th 2008 in Dallas, TX ENJOY and tell your friends! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3Pjdy3IavAE I am willing to trade a lossless version if anyone is interested! I am also looking for someone to help me make the show into a dvd with menus and such. I know how to do it but I just don't have the time. Let me know! -Lance

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Finally replaced my umpteenth broken camcorder and stumbled upon the tape of my recording of ohGr live in Chicago back in '08. The camcorder I filmed it with had a broken Mic In port so the sound is mostly ass but oh, well...can't win 'em all. The crowd was your typical dead-fish shoegazing shit that seems to plague the area, but the show was great. Unfortunately, it was a sold out show and it was impossible to squeeze through the crowd to anywhere else but where I had an obstructed view and was in plain sight of the venue security. So I just ran audio until the security left for whatever reason and then did my best to film a bit from a shitty spot.

The first track is listenable enough, but it's a real shame about my camcorder's crappy built-in mics, the awesome "brap" they did as an encore is almost totally lost in the brickwalled awfulness of the recording's sound.

Meh.

It is what it is.