Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2017.10.21 - Sacramento, CA @ Aftershock Festival

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    Good thing is, I have plenty of time to mull it over (although curiosity will end up killing me just for the whole "What are the odds Manson is completely fucked up" fun).
    Odds are in favor; if he hasn't hit the 'i need help stage' fuckedup-ness will happen.
    Saw MM at Observatory in CA Oct 2014.. (anyone know if he's hit bottom yet?)
    -he was pretty fucked up
    -sounded like shit
    -had oral bromancing moments throughout show, apparently he really missed JW
    -pathetically begged for after show pussy -the entire show- kept repeating his single status
    -almost fell off some high rise platform stairs
    -still using over-used mic props for different songs
    --was pretty lame; guess that sounds like hating. it sucks to watch anybody go down this path, one can only hope that they find their way back to be part of the living instead of ferociously banging on death's door--

Jeordie came out to parking lot shortly after show with (I presume) his wife n R2D2 rolling luggage bag in hand-
    **i guess i missed the whole greatness of LIVE MM; saw em twice..1st as NIN openers and last at this show as burnout drugged up pathemo**
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-17-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been a few years since I was on ETS. Coming back for the fun. Will be at Aftershook Festival, VIP ticket, flying from Arizona. Looking forward to like the one show I can get to!
    Last edited by isolatedshaedow; 07-20-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my VIP ticket for Saturday back in June when they first went on sale. After seeing NIN in Bakersfield two days ago (which was a fantastic show), I wasn't sure about doing Aftershock. I much prefer the intimacy of a smaller venue, and probably wouldn't have bought the festival ticket if I'd known about Bakersfield at the time.

But then I got on this thread, and saw all the ETSers who are going to Aftershock (some of whom I met in Bakersfield, like ManBurning), and am now looking forward to it again.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Need help... I was about to buy a pair of VIP tickets + premium parking, but found out they don't do international shipping, which only leaves will call...

Just how difficult is it to make it to Discovery Park? Does it make any sense to drive up to the box office then to go all the way back out to park? Should I expect insane traffic?
    Thoughts?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambrus1 View Post
    Got my VIP ticket for Saturday back in June when they first went on sale. After seeing NIN in Bakersfield two days ago (which was a fantastic show), I wasn't sure about doing Aftershock. I much prefer the intimacy of a smaller venue, and probably wouldn't have bought the festival ticket if I'd known about Bakersfield at the time.

But then I got on this thread, and saw all the ETSers who are going to Aftershock (some of whom I met in Bakersfield, like ManBurning), and am now looking forward to it again.
    I feel the same way about festivals. I'd much rather see them in smaller venues, like the one we saw in Bakersfield. I probably wouldn't have bought aftershock as well having known about Bakersfield first, but at least I'm getting more bang for my buck there, tons of other acts to check out, and this time my girlfriend will be coming down with me. It'll be her first NIN show, I would have rather had her experience a more smaller/intimate show for her first, so she could see what the hell was going on (She's only like 5'4 and can't see shit in a pit, especially at a festival), but it'll still be fun regardless. I'm stoked for it. I just hope we get a couple different songs than we did at Bakersfield. More new stuff from either EP would be nice.

They have a few months in between sets to rehearse a few more songs, but I'm not expecting any kind of crazy drastic revamping of the setlist, but as long as it's not a copy of a copy of a copy of the Bakersfield set, I'm happy.

Oh, and I only have regular GA... So i'm kind of kicking myself for not getting VIP now... no way I'm waiting in a festival lineup/pit all day for front row this time, lol. That's suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Need help... I was about to buy a pair of VIP tickets + premium parking, but found out they don't do international shipping, which only leaves will call...

Just how difficult is it to make it to Discovery Park? Does it make any sense to drive up to the box office then to go all the way back out to park? Should I expect insane traffic?
    Thoughts?
    Will call only?? Hmm... I better double check my order. I could have sworn I will be getting mine as e-tickets. Was there no print at home e-ticket option for you?
    I believe I had one.

Just take public transit to the festival. Who wants to deal with driving in California traffic, especially for a festival. People who were at the Bakerfield NIN show, said it took them 3 hours to get out of the traffic jam that was at that TOOL show in San Bernardino last month.
    Expect Sacramento to be just as bad. Will have traffic from San Francisco and San Jose and quite possibly even LA coming up.
    Always avoid taking a car to a music festival if possible.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-22-2017 at 04:06 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Will call only?? Hmm... I better double check my order. I could have sworn I will be getting mine as e-tickets. Was there no print at home e-ticket option for you?
    Yeah because I wanted to take premium parking to avoid the bus ride. Thanks, I'll just take regular parking at Sleep Train arena.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So with today's announcement of the surprise show at Webster hall, this gives us hope that there could be other surprise shows scheduled around the other festival dates, including aftershock.

That would be so epic if they did a surprise club show. If they did announce one, do you guys think it will be the day immediately after NIN's performance, the Sunday? I have tickets for the full weekend, and while I don't care if I miss Ozzy/Manson on day 2 for a chance to see NIN again at a smaller venue with a better setlist. Problem is, my girlfriend would absolutely murder me if I left her alone at aftershock, lol.

Guess we'll just wait and see what happens after Riot Fest in Chicago. If a surprise show gets announced there, then chances of one after Aftershock is highly likely as well.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Safe bet would be that the surprise show would be in SF and not Sacto imo.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Damn... emergency hitchhike to San Fran? lol

If that's the case, I'll have to let that one slide. Especially if it's on the Sunday.

To girlfriend: "OK hun, you enjoy Manson rolling in puke on the stage and ozzy mooning the crowd with his wrinkly ass while reading his lines from a teleprompter in front of him, I'm off to San Fran. I'll meet you back in Canada" lol

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I noticed nothing is booked at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium at that weekend.

Come on Sunday show!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    the festival date is drawing near-er-ish
    is there anyone familiar enough with this venue, that can suggest a suitable place for a meet-up for this event?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Aftershock schedule is out

Might have to skip APC, as I anticipated, but since I'll be seeing them in November on a headlining gig, I guess that's no big deal to secure a rail spot for NIN.

Early show though, over by 10pm... wow. With a time constraint like that, I feel like we won't be getting the "encore special" that riot got.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Early show though, over by 10pm... wow. With a time constraint like that, I feel like we won't be getting the "encore special" that riot got.
    Riot fest was over by 10:00 pm-at least it was scheduled to be. I didn't actually look at the time when it ended.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Riot fest was over by 10:00 pm-at least it was scheduled to be. I didn't actually look at the time when it ended.
    they ended at almost exactly 10pm at riot fest. also, sad i didn't get to meet you, kleiner has said nothing but great things about you

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    LOL WTF?

my fucking event in SF doesn't end until 2. FML

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Oh man I bet that show is going to be a trip for the code orange kids. They are huge nin fans
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 09-29-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Code Orange (Kids) are the hardest working band out there right now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they ended at almost exactly 10pm at riot fest. also, sad i didn't get to meet you, kleiner has said nothing but great things about you
    I've definitely enjoyed meeting up with fellow ETSers in NY and CHI. Hopefully I can make the rounds next year and we can meet up. It all makes me wish there were more ETS people that lived near me.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Code Orange (Kids) are the hardest working band out there right now.
    So what you're saying is. Don't miss this band live? I've never heard of them... Guess that's half the fun, finding out new artists.

If it wasn't for Lollapalooza 2013, I would have never become a fan of Ghost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Picked up tickets for Vegas, and Sacramento. Another tour, another NIN-centric vacation! Gonna be a blast

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Deap Vally is amazing. Two women who play invigorating guitar and drum heavy rock and harmonize vocals.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    So what you're saying is. Don't miss this band live? I've never heard of them... Guess that's half the fun, finding out new artists.
    You tell me. They are crushingly heavy & pissed off. Beatdown style (but still intelligently done) hardcore that fuses a bunch of other stuff into their sound...electronics, noise, some clean female singing on occasion. Great band, even better people.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigcomedown View Post
    Picked up tickets for Vegas, and Sacramento. Another tour, another NIN-centric vacation! Gonna be a blast
    do you think you will hit KMFDM in Vegas the day before NIN (Vegas)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    do you think you will hit KMFDM in Vegas the day before NIN (Vegas)?
    I don't think so. I'm on a pretty tight schedule for this trip :/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Definitely going to this one!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Manson has officially cancelled the rest of his North American leg and was pulled from the Aftershock festival.

https://www.facebook.com/AftershockF...type=3&theater

Looks like no MM/TR surprise... Maybe it was destiny trying to prevent a gong-show in the making.

Hope TR has something else up his sleeve as a backup surprise now.

I fear Sacramento is getting the shaft for "secret shows" or "Radio station events" now due to them playing Vegas the night before.
    Unless they do something on Sunday... I can't see anything special happening now.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Manson has officially cancelled the rest of his North American leg and was pulled from the Aftershock festival.

https://www.facebook.com/AftershockF...type=3&theater

Looks like no MM/TR surprise... Maybe it was destiny trying to prevent a gong-show in the making.

Hope TR has something else up his sleeve as a backup surprise now.

I fear Sacramento is getting the shaft for "secret shows" or "Radio station events" now due to them playing Vegas the night before.
    Unless they do something on Sunday... I can't see anything special happening now.
    RtJ is playing right before NIN. Sooooooo like a 2% chance of Flyentology live?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmmmmmm....... Your State will have had 3 SHOWS man!!!!! I think CA got the best deal.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Hmmmmmm....... Your State will have had 3 SHOWS man!!!!! I think CA got the best deal.
    My State?!? I don't even have a state at all! If you mean my province, well that got the shaft too...

You think I like dropping $1,500 every couple months to see NIN?

At least your COUNTRY gets NIN shows.

It's not easy to plan and travel for these types of things. (I'm still paying off the Bakersfield trip... and that was over 3 months ago, lol) So, I'd like to be rewarded for my efforts with a surprise show or radio gig, ya know?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 10-11-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    See you on Saturday! Salutations from Mexico city.