Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: The Alternative Sexuality thread

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Last edited by playwithfire; 04-11-2023 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    happy coming out day, everyone! though i am married to a woman and look like a man, i am both queer and trans. i came out as bisexual in 8th grade and everything else from there just felt like a natural progression.

for those of us who feel safe being out, let's set good examples for those who don't feel safe. let's help change things so that people can be themselves without fear of repercussions.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

This looks interesting.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I came out as gay to my family and friends yesterday. Some of them knew already, but most didn't. I've had positive support all around, including from people I didn't expect to be supportive.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I came out as gay to my family and friends yesterday. Some of them knew already, but most didn't. I've had positive support all around, including from people I didn't expect to be supportive.
    congratulations and welcome to the family!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I came out to my mom and four of my closest friends at the beginning of this year. Two of my friends were 100% clued in for quite some time, LOL. Pretty sure my mom had to have known as well. They all accepted it beautifully, and one of my friends came out to me as bisexual when I came out to him.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    last week, brooklyn nine nine aired two episodes for their fall finale. the first dealt with one of the main characters coming out as bi not only to the squad but to their family, and it was handled realistically and beautifully. i love that show's ability to handle delicate social subjects with grace and poignancy while still being a comedy, at heart. needless to say, my wife (who is bi) and i were both crying a lot.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 12-18-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hey everyone on here. I'm gay and weirdly do not have any gay friends. At this point most of my straight friends are married. I did NOT plan well for this inevitable future! So ... hello!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I feel you on that, with the exception of my two bi friends. Maybe look into going to some sort of Pride event? I've been thinking of doing that myself at some point.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Hey everyone on here. I'm gay and weirdly do not have any gay friends. At this point most of my straight friends are married. I did NOT plan well for this inevitable future! So ... hello!
    i feel like 75% of my friends are queer, which is really nice, because i have never really felt like i was truly part of the queer community. i didn't think i was "gay enough" when i was younger, i didn't really come out as trans until a couple years ago, and i just didn't want anyone to think i was some sort of invader. it's a shitty feeling to be part of a marginalized group but to not feel like that group will accept you openly.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Not to get nitpicky about this thread and those posting to it recently, but it seems like some of these posts are a little off-topic. I always took this to be the successor to the BDSM thread on the old site, and the recent discussion has tended more towards coming out.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Yeah weird, I thought we had one. Could only find a bi thread (that you made, ha): http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...isexual-Thread

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I know I'm like a stuck record on this point, and it's been years now... but I am once again unhappy with my sex life with my wife, and I know it's never the right time to ask if she'd be OK with me dating/sleeping with other people. Part of it has to do with the fact that I'm into kink/BDSM and I want to explore that further, and she is pretty vanilla. Whenever I ask her to try stuff I'm into it ends up awkward at best, her disgusted and troubled at worst. This bothers me because there's a whole aspect of my sexuality that I can only explore with masturbation when she's not around. She's had a few health problems over the years and we've been unsuccessfully trying for another baby for a while - which has also made sex into this awkward monthly duty. I don't want another romantic relationship, but I do want the freedom to have sexual contact with other people. I don't want to cheat or do it behind her back; several times it has seemed to me that her vibe has been that she wouldn't want to know if I were doing stuff. But I am very prone to guilt, and don't want to do it without asking first. The problem is that I really have no idea how it would go down and I don't even know if I haven't asked before because I know it would be a shitstorm or because I'm just scared.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 03-19-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Can we rename this "The kink thread"? Or something along those lines?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i don't know if posting this here is appropriate, but i've been following this story a couple months.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ank-hafertepen

i'm no prude -- been to many circuit parties, enjoy my own limits of kink, etc. and i've been a part of the bear community since my 20's and have seen A LOT. this, however, was completely new to me. the dom/sub thing i am well aware of for the most part, but the contract? and the tattoos? not to mention the body modifications that took his life (and look INSANE)? whatever to all that.

this dylan guy seems like a royal piece of shit. oy, tank's (jack's) poor mother. very sad.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm guessing that this is the right thread for it, although I'm still not sure. Anyway, as for now I just wanted to say that I've had a foot fetish and a fetish for high heels and nylons for about as long as I can remember. As much as I like legs, feet can be very attractive to me whether they're bare, encased in nylon or with a pedicure. I also loved the very idea of footjobs and sucking, licking and smelling feet as well. High heels such as stilettos and pumps are along my favorite heels for this particular fetish as well.

And since this thread, from the looks of it covers BDSM in general, foot fetishes and high heel fetishes are often a given in BDSM, especially in interests such as foot worship or ball-busting to name a few.

Upon just skimming through the first few pages of this thread, it is nice to see some reassurance here and there as I quickly realized that I wasn't vanilla long before even turning 10, and considering how there's sometimes a lot of people that act as if everything/everybody should be vanilla, it still gives me some sense of relief to see like-minded people here, or anywhere else for that matter.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-02-2019 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I personally feel like most people have at least one kink, whether or not they choose to admit it and/or explore it. I think we'd be a little boring if we were all vanilla.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    If not everyone does, there are certainly some of us who can make up for it

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    New York Times: "When The Dominatrix Moved In Next Door". Nobody comes out of this smelling like roses, but the Domme in this article is particularly daft. The chatter among some professionals on Twitter is pretty much of the same sentiment as me, and none of them can vouch for knowing even who she is.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    In another article, the main person causing a stir about the situation compared it to having a meth lab on the block, and then implied that the men are poor. Clearly she has no understanding of the cost of these services!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This is incredibly hard for me to post, and I could probably put it in other threads but I feel it best fits here. It's been stirring within me for awhile, and I feel it's about time to get it out here. I have written about it on FetLife, and have talked to people I know in BDSM or D/s lifestyles.

2018 for me, was maybe the most depressing year of my life short of the 12 months following my father's arrest and removal from our lives. Last February, I learned of the death of a woman who I developed a Dominant/submissive bond with, and a deep friendship and understanding rooted in things in our early lives we found difficult to cope with as adults. Things I never could speak to in terms of the deep, dark truth with even my family. Not so much secrets but just how hard it could drag me down. Of all the things I miss, including our one and only night (our communication was limited to text and video chat) where we met and our passions roamed as freely as they could, I miss those moments of openness to each other the most.

It was hard on many levels, the hardest of which being that I don't know any of her other friends or family. Nor do I really wish to introduce myself as someone she indulged these sides of herself with. And while I could tell my family and friends I lost a girlfriend, who could sympathize and understand the most simple and basic level of loss this was, with how much she surrendered herself it felt hollow amidst their inability to understand how deep a D/s relationship goes. And I wasn't about to teach them, either. It sounds selfish to write that in criticism of them now that I see it written out.

The very worst thing I feel is that because I alone have these memories, I feel like it almost didn't happen. Too good to have been true that I connected with a woman who had a deep, if not troubled soul. By the time I found out she had passed we had not spoken for over a year. I found her obituary page and in it there were many tributes to a kind, generous woman with a spark and a spirit that didn't seem unbreakable to them. It did break in front of my eyes and I only wish I could have had done more to put it together. While I am over the initial shock of the loss that rendered me unable to cope for a very long 9 months after, I still think about her every day.

New year's eve was unseasonably warm and it rained that morning. I sat outside and watched it pour down, and the metaphor could not be clearer that something was being washed away on that dreary morning. It does take more than a new calendar year to better myself from who I was, and as odd as it sounds I did feel genuine relief for awhile, and while I took a few emotional hits and anxieties I wished I had her to confide in about, I was able to be open to the ones I could talk to. I have re-established relationships, and have been a little more open to my family about who I am and how I feel. I am also working on my health, with it's own little victories and drawbacks, but I do feel a renewed determination.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Completely legitimate, rational and not at all offensive study says 85% of queer people are possessed by ghosts

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/10/28/ghosts-spiritural-science-research-foundation-study-lgbt-halloween/

The article explained that the ghost “overpowers the person’s normal behaviour to produce the homosexual attraction,” and that the body’s research found it “overpowers the person’s normal behaviour to produce the homosexual attraction”. The study includes a helpful table of “sins related to homosexuality” which sees three per cent of LGBT+ people “being in the nude among others” and 100 per cent of the time, being homosexual invites the sin of “murder”.
    i know this is horrible and people are shit but i cannot stop laughing at the ridiculousness of this idea

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Bwahahhahahahahahhaaah

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Bwahahhahahahahahhaaah
    like...there must be a pretty big ghost orgy happening inside me because i'm sexually attracted to everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I have a few male gay friends, but the majority of them live elsewhere. It probably doesn't help that I live in a fairly conservative area.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Other than my partner, I don't have any local gay friends. And frankly, don't really need any. I guess that's what the internet is for lmao.

And it's not that I'm particularly more comfortable around straight guys or anything, just that I'm not in the bar/club scene at all and afaik am the only gay guy at work. I'd consider several co-workers good friends, and yeah some of them may have been privy to getting the (mostly rejected) moves put on at one point or another. Certainly back in the days when I'd go out after work with the guys. I'll point out that homoeroticism is fucking rampant here, maybe it's just a TV industry thing. It's just one of the reasons I really love my job lol.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Other than my partner, I don't have any local gay friends. And frankly, don't really need any. I guess that's what the internet is for lmao.

And it's not that I'm particularly more comfortable around straight guys or anything, just that I'm not in the bar/club scene at all and afaik am the only gay guy at work. I'd consider several co-workers good friends, and yeah some of them may have been privy to getting the (mostly rejected) moves put on at one point or another. Certainly back in the days when I'd go out after work with the guys. I'll point out that homoeroticism is fucking rampant here, maybe it's just a TV industry thing. It's just one of the reasons I really love my job lol.
    I think the entertainment industry in general is pretty heavy on that; at least that's been my experience throughout my career. There is, sadly, also a not insignificant amount of homophobia, but that seems to be much, much less common and mostly relegated to the "old-timers" who you would sort of expect it from anyway.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think the entertainment industry in general is pretty heavy on that; at least that's been my experience throughout my career. There is, sadly, also a not insignificant amount of homophobia, but that seems to be much, much less common and mostly relegated to the "old-timers" who you would sort of expect it from anyway.
    I'm fortunate that I haven't had to experience any of that at the station, really. Then again, I just assumed everyone really knew about me and I'm just finding out after working there over 13 years that that's not the case. So I guess it's not as obvious as I thought

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    As an addendum to my previous post, over the course of last winter I developed a relationship with a new submissive. And by new, I mean brand new to it all. I have trained her long-distance and several times up close and personal over the last year. She takes to it amazingly and has done nearly everything I have asked of her. We agreed at the onset that this would be a temporary/FWB-type deal as far as how we went about this, but have grown somewhat closer as friends too. She has helped vanquish a lot of my depression over what was lost, and has opened my eyes to what I could have again. In a few months she is relocating out west, which I am actually happy for her about, for reasons I won't get into here. We are going to see each other 2-3 times in between now and then hopefully, starting on New Year's eve. That is a time I have had lots of mixed feelings about in past years but for the first time I am actually looking forward to it. I told her last night these meetings will be a celebration, and to put behind any sadness we have about what her new move could do to us. I don't know where it goes from there, but it is my hope that it is not the end of us, at least as friends.