Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017.09.15 - Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Flight is booked (on United, so wish me luck in case I get choked out) so I am definitely going to this. Should be buying my festival ticket within the next couple weeks since it doesn't seem like I should be all too worried about them selling out any time soon.

At the start of this year I'd never even traveled out of state and by the end I'll have flown twice to see my favorite band in the world. This tour is always going to have a very special place in my heart and memory. I don't care if I get the exact same show I saw in Panorama; this lineup sounds better than I have ever heard them sound before.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Flight is booked (on United, so wish me luck in case I get choked out) so I am definitely going to this. Should be buying my festival ticket within the next couple weeks since it doesn't seem like I should be all too worried about them selling out any time soon.

At the start of this year I'd never even traveled out of state and by the end I'll have flown twice to see my favorite band in the world. This tour is always going to have a very special place in my heart and memory. I don't care if I get the exact same show I saw in Panorama; this lineup sounds better than I have ever heard them sound before.
    I AM SO EXCITED we're gonna have so much fun <3

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    At the start of this year I'd never even traveled out of state and by the end I'll have flown twice to see my favorite band internet users in the world.
    FTFY.

caps

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    I AM SO EXCITED we're gonna have so much fun <3
    Ugh. I kinda wish I were coming just so I could hang out with you again lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Ugh. I kinda wish I were coming just so I could hang out with you again lol
    its not too late!

this is gonna be EPIC

MINISTRY/NIN FTW

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    its not too late!

this is gonna be EPIC

MINISTRY/NIN FTW
    I can't even if I had tickets, I leave for a friends wedding in Florida on that day

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I can't even if I had tickets, I leave for a friends wedding in Florida on that day
    bummer!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'm not bummed about going alone because when I get there, I'll have a few friends around I don't get to see a lot and I'll get to finally meet you fine people. It's going to be a good day. Plus, I don't know if you know or not, but this band I like is headlining. The Nine Inch Nails!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well I gambled on the Tobacco show and already kinda regret it. I feel NIN has to do some kinda warm up show right?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This show is on 8 days before I arrive in the States and I am SO TEMPTED to try and change my flights and go to it.. :/ GAHHHHHHHh!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So will there be an ETS meet up at all for Riot Fest?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    count me in

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm thinking about wearing my cranberry ETS shirt, just in case.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2017.09.15 - Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest

I'm finally somewhat official- I booked my flight and hotel. Now I need to decide between a standard or VIP ticket.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 08-22-2017 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I'll be the one front row with the long hair w/ red in it (may be all red, may be partially red I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR!)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I always wear the same thing to concerts, my Psalm 69 hoodie and my Eraser shirt.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Yeah, husband and I will be going again this year, went last year... Highly suggest just grabbing an Uber to get there. They dropped us right near the entrance gates all 3 days, no problem.
    Did you do VIP or GA last year and this year? Looking for a recommendation since you've been before. Thanks!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Did you do VIP or GA last year and this year? Looking for a recommendation since you've been before. Thanks!
    We did 3-day GA last year, as well as this year. Considered doing VIP this year, but decided it wasn't worth it. My buddy that lives in Chicago gets free VIP passes from his work every year, so last year when we went to RF for the first time we got some insight into the VIP from him and his girlfriend. What you're paying for with VIP really just seems to be the bathrooms and drink tickets. My husband and I aren't big drinkers to begin with so the drinks would almost be wasted on us, and I would appreciate the private bathrooms - I definitely did at Panorama, and don't regret buying VIP one bit for that festival - but again, at almost twice the price for VIP as they were for GA, it just didn't seem worth it. If there were prime viewing places set up for VIP I would have grabbed them in a heartbeat, but you don't get that unless you're splurging on those damn Deluxe VIP. The VIP area last year was setup away from all of the stages, and I'd assume will be the same this year. Just my two cents! We are also doing a lot of traveling this year, and I had already splurged on VIP when we went to Panorama, so the need to save a little was more important to me in this instance. Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    For those of you attending, I highly recommend checking out Gogol Bordello's set. I saw them at Riverfest in Elora, On this past weekend and they were absolutely amazing, such an intense performance.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    For those of you attending, I highly recommend checking out Gogol Bordello's set. I saw them at Riverfest in Elora, On this past weekend and they were absolutely amazing, such an intense performance.
    i saw them play a lolla aftershow in...2008(?) at the metro and it was insane. they had already played that day at lolla, and then played for almost two hours that night. it was hot as balls but absolutely incredible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So excited for this show! MINISTRY/NIN! Awesome!
    We were at the NYC show and it was AMAZINGGG. Were about 6th row in center. Was a great night!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    We did 3-day GA last year, as well as this year. Considered doing VIP this year, but decided it wasn't worth it. My buddy that lives in Chicago gets free VIP passes from his work every year, so last year when we went to RF for the first time we got some insight into the VIP from him and his girlfriend. What you're paying for with VIP really just seems to be the bathrooms and drink tickets. My husband and I aren't big drinkers to begin with so the drinks would almost be wasted on us, and I would appreciate the private bathrooms - I definitely did at Panorama, and don't regret buying VIP one bit for that festival - but again, at almost twice the price for VIP as they were for GA, it just didn't seem worth it. If there were prime viewing places set up for VIP I would have grabbed them in a heartbeat, but you don't get that unless you're splurging on those damn Deluxe VIP. The VIP area last year was setup away from all of the stages, and I'd assume will be the same this year. Just my two cents! We are also doing a lot of traveling this year, and I had already splurged on VIP when we went to Panorama, so the need to save a little was more important to me in this instance. Hope this helps!
    I went GA mainly because the single day VIP ticket doesn't include drink tickets. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but I certainly appreciated the decent restroom and shorter food/drink lines at panorama for VIP, so hopefully I won't regret going GA. Unfortunately the deluxe VIP option is sold out. Thanks for all the info!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm hoping the insane degree of energy they brought to the table in New York hasn't faded from the month off of touring. I don't think I've ever seen Trent look so rabid and filled with intensity in person before. He looked truly exhausted in the 2014 North American shows and it was so good to see him seeming revitalized and back into it. No matter what, this show is going to be a great time, and it's already all I've been thinking about all week, especially since we now have less than 2 to go.

After the disappointment that was Panorama's "VIP viewing area" I stuck with GA. It's super cheap for all the bands I'll be seeing and doesn't seem like I'll be missing out on much, especially since I'm planning to camp at the rail right after Saul Williams' set is finished.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, my time off was officially approved, so I will be able to leave anytime to drive up to Chicago, and not have to drive straight to work right afterward. Woo! Looks like I have a show to look forward to!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Nine more days til Nine Inch Nails!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i haven't purchased tix yet, giving myself til tuesday to decide.
    either way the anticipation is killing me atm...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm expecting some curveballs.. Not the setlist we've seen from these past show..simply because there's been a big break between shows giving him time to rehearse more material.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Hoping heavily that this hurricane doesn't mess with my flight out next week. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    In case you guys missed it, this was posted earlier today. Part one of a three part series, and it's a pretty interesting read. Totally captures all the reasons behind why - when my festival-hating husband and I went to Riot Fest last year for the first time - we left saying we would totally go back next year, no matter who was on the lineup, (it was just a great bonus that two of my all time favorite bands ended up headlining this year!)
    http://www.altpress.com/features/ent..._naked_ray_gun
    Also, there's a very brief mention of Trent.
    Last edited by magnolia; 09-06-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    In case you guys missed it, this was posted earlier today. Part one of a three part series, and it's a pretty interesting read. Totally captures all the reasons behind why - when my festival-hating husband and I went to Riot Fest last year for the first time - we left saying we would totally go back next year, no matter who was on the lineup, (it was just a great bonus that two of my all time favorite bands ended up headlining this year!)
    http://www.altpress.com/features/ent..._naked_ray_gun
    Also, there's a very brief mention of Trent.
    dude. misfits last year I still cannot believe it happened.