Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2017.09.15 - Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Need to get someone to record the webcast

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I just missed out. They ran out of bracelets with about 10 people ahead of me. If you noticed a car drive by the record store with "A Warm Place" blasting, that was me.
    What time was this? I know a guy that lives over there and he talked to someone at the store that told him the wristbands were gone by 10

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    What time was this? I know a guy that lives over there and he talked to someone at the store that told him the wristbands were gone by 10
    I'm assuming you meant 1:00 because they didn't start handing out till noon. They basically ran out around 12:45.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I'm assuming you meant 1:00 because they didn't start handing out till noon. They basically ran out around 12:45.
    I meant 10a. The guy told him they were out of bands prior to the tweet going out. I'm trying to figure out if something shady went down.

Also..So much for the nin.com exclusive on deviations. Reckless is selling it right next to all the other albums.

This link says people were in line at 8a
    https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2017...ckless-records

Last edited by kargath; 09-14-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    I meant 10a. The guy told him they were out of bands prior to the tweet going out. I'm trying to figure out if something shady went down.

Also..So much for the nin.com exclusive on deviations. Reckless is selling it right next to all the other albums.

This link says people were in line at 8a
    https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2017...ckless-records
    The first tweet from nineinchnails Twitter went out at 8AM sharp. I'm assuming by 10AM the line was longer than the capacity for the event (150 people, according to the link you posted).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The first tweet from nineinchnails Twitter went out at 8AM sharp. I'm assuming by 10AM the line was longer than the capacity for the event (150 people, according to the link you posted).
    I wouldn't say that is accurate. I arrived at 11:30. They ran out of wristbands roughly with just 10 people ahead of me. They probably got to 150 roughly between 11:00 and 11:30.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My guess is they meant the vinyls were already gone. I can affirm that wristbands were not passed out until after noon. Hell, the line didn't began moving until about 20 mins after.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got here at 8:20 and was third in line. 150 wristbands were handed out to attend the 6:00 q&a.
    the first 50 are red and entitle the owner to the signed Vietnam vinyl.
    Thats all I know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thinking about sloping the tobacco show pm me if you want free tix

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't have time to read though 9 pages, can someone please post a link to the webcast? Thank you.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Looking forward to the show tonight. Hope to see some of you there! No webcast, I believe. But you best be knowing that I will try my best to get a tape.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Looking forward to the show tonight. Hope to see some of you there! No webcast, I believe. But you best be knowing that I will try my best to get a tape.
    I thought there was a webcast? I remember people talking about it after the last show with a webcast. Bummer.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    I thought there was a webcast? I remember people talking about it after the last show with a webcast. Bummer.
    To my knowledge, Riot Fest has never had any sort of live streams.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    See ya dinguses today! Going to catch TOBACCO. I have no idea what any of you look like to say hi but super pumped for tonight

Sent using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Everyone who didn't get a Vietnam score at the Q&A got to buy a signed copy of any of the DEs or NTAE.

I'm thinking I'll watch Liars and get my way to the rail, unfortunately missing Saul but still seeing a ton of great bands. I'll be in my Add Violence shirt so if you want to play t-shirt roulette with people towards the front and try and say hi, feel free!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yesterday was awesome, here's hoping for another one. This time with more sunscreen.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Here's my plan

I will probably experiencing death from above and new order from the riot stage though

I will be wearing my gray ETS shirt (again) if you'd like to say hi.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll definitely be at the main stages starting for DFA. I'm wearing a black shirt that says "TACOS!" on it. It had Mickey mouse eating tacos and Minnie shotgunning a beer

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Currently in line outside GA entrance. Only three of us are here for NIN. :-)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Currently in line at the main entrance. Wearing a black beater. Long red hair and a white bandana.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i picked @kleiner352 up from the airport and we rushed straight there. we were 54th & 55th in line (so we JUST BARELY missed out on signed vietnam vinyl, and i haven't been able to get over it, especially because this dad and his two 12-year-old twin daughters EACH got a fucking copy, which is BULLSHIT). at least we each got a signed copy of NTAE!

we'll be heading to the festival (along with my wife) in a bit. probably going to check out the john stamos art exhibit first and then wander around a bit. i'm white and covered in tattoos, which i guess isn't a helpful identifier for finding me hahahaha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys and gals who made the q&a are very lucky! I would've skipped work if we didn't have to be in line by noon. Never would've made it with such short notice. Thats so cool some got slipmats! Oh man id love a nin slipmat for our record player. The option to buy the fragile signed is too good to be true as well... were almost to Chicago! Can't wait for tonight. I'm covered in tattoos and wearing a pretty hate machine shirt. NIN tattoo on my leg. As far as them not doing a show tomorrow. Nfg are doing one tonight and taking back Sunday are doing one Sunday. So it could be possible. But maybe the q&a was the only secret thing for this date. I think we're going to have to check out that record shop tomorrow!! Hoping they have more than normal merch today..

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Front row. Red hair flowing in the wind. Say hi.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I will be in my black and yellow Tool shirt from this year's tour, and will likely have an alcoholic beverage in my hand.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Here's my plan

I will probably experiencing death from above and new order from the riot stage though

I will be wearing my gray ETS shirt (again) if you'd like to say hi.
    Between yesterday's events and JUST now finding out that Saul is playing too, I'm probably gonna be kicking myself for a while for not going to this.

HAVE FUN, EVERYBODY!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Shout out to @somewhat_ for being the first member I met!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Still room on the rail atm but will change in another hour or so I expect. I decided on the corner to have the best view of both stages. Wearing <PIG> if you want to wave. :-D

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Is it the same merch there from the other shows? Basically just the stuff on the website? Anything new?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There's a riot fest specific shirt with survivalism art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    There's a riot fest specific shirt with survivalism art
    No fucking way !!!! Yes !!!